PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2191 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#959 Oct 26, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You keep comparing pensions to the laws regarding Social Security. Are you that desperate?
2) Congress can absolutely eliminate military pensions. Several House members have introduced legislation to end Congressional pensions too. If they can stop them, they can stop yours.
Quit fooling yourself, you look silly.
Because the original point I made was that social security is NOT earned in the same manner pensions are.

Congress can only eliminate military pensions GOING FORWARD for FUTURE retirees; ditto for all govt pensions. But they can't end CURRENT PENSIONS for CURRENT RECIPIENTS; that would violate contractual law.

Congress CAN eliminate social security benefits for EVERYONE, including CURRENT RECIPIENTS starting tomorrow is they so chose. There is no binding contractual law, which is how they can change the age of eligibility regardless of whether you've reached the 40 credits necessary already.

That's the difference between an earned pension and an unearned benefit.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#960 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said no one but me should get government benefits.
That was a lie you made up during your little temper tantrum.
You didn't? Then tell all of us who SHOULD get a government pension other than YOU? Hypocrite.

Hypoluxo Fl

#961 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that I'm NOT relying on the govt for my retirement. I earned my pay & benefits, including my pension. I saved & invested. I'll be able to live just fine without social security or my earned pension.
OH, I seem to have forgotten how you and your partner with TWO government pensions are not relying on it. Hypocrite.

Hypoluxo Fl

#962 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How you feel about me is irrelevant.
Yes, I collect a pension I earned; so does my husband. I have no problem with servicemembers and other essential employees getting the benefits they earned.
Non-essential employees obviously aren't in the same league, which is why they're called non-essential and were furloughed during the most recent "shutdown". The REAL travesty is they actually got PAID for their free 2 week vacation.
I see. You're in a league of your own. Only you and your husband deserve a government pension. Hypocrite.

Tawas City, Michigan

#963 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Let's just have a government with no employees. Oh, that's right we do. It's Somalia. Move there. It'll be your utopia. Take the rest of your teabag troglodyte brigade with you. Leave your US government pension behind. you won't need it. You can get a job in the Somali private sector. Hypocrite.
Where did I say we would have a govt with no employees?

Oh that's right, I DIDN'T.

Still making up crap to fit your narrative I see.

We need a DRASTICALLY smaller govt limited to only those personnel necessary to ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

Gee, now where have I read that before?.....

Hypoluxo Fl

#964 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I give back what I earned?
I'm not asking anyone else to give back what they've earned either.
Are you really so stupid you can't understand the concept of an essential employee who earns their pay & benefits, and non-essential employees who are just a waste of taxpayer money?
Why doesn't the govt just employ EVERY American and solve all our problems? Then there won't be any poor people anymore.
I see. The government only should employ essential employees like you and your husband. You two are the only ones that should get a pension? Hypocrite. Give it back. You've stated that you don't need it.

Hypoluxo Fl

#965 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic came up and it was appropriate.
You really have reading comprehension problems.
It came up because YOU brought it up. Hypocrite.

Hypoluxo Fl

#966 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The founding fathers would disagree...
With you? You betcha.

Tawas City, Michigan

#967 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite. You don't rely on government? Fine. Then you dopn't need your taxpayer funded pension. Give it back and get a job in the private sector. You stated you'll be fine. Prove it. Give it back, hypocrite.
Correct, I don't need my taxpayer funded pension.

But since I earned it, I think I'll keep it all the same.

I'll be fine either way, but thanks for your concern.

Tawas City, Michigan

#968 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>It came up because YOU brought it up. Hypocrite.
Oh dear, yet another lie from you.

I simply stated I had been retired since age 38.

YOU asked in post #727 if I had a govt pension.

So YOU brought it up.

Tawas City, Michigan

#969 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't? Then tell all of us who SHOULD get a government pension other than YOU? Hypocrite.
Obviously we can't eliminate current pensions due to contractual law, but a good starting point going forward would be limiting pensions only to those essential employees who had to continue working without pay during the latest "shutdown". We can whittle it down from there.

Can we really afford to give generous pensions & benefits to 800,000+ NON-ESSENTIAL employees?

We DO have a $17+ TRILLION debt, with more accumulating by the minute.

Tawas City, Michigan

#970 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>OH, I seem to have forgotten how you and your partner with TWO government pensions are not relying on it. Hypocrite.
Correct, we're not relying on our pensions; nor will we have to rely on social security.

There ARE people who save & invest over their career so they DON'T have to rely on the govt for their retirement.

They're called responsible citizens.

Tawas City, Michigan

#971 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I see. You're in a league of your own. Only you and your husband deserve a government pension. Hypocrite.
Are you simply incapable of telling the truth?

Where did I EVER say only my husband and I deserve a govt pension?

Hypoluxo Fl

#972 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, yet another lie from you.
I simply stated I had been retired since age 38.
YOU asked in post #727 if I had a govt pension.
So YOU brought it up.
That is not what this is about. It's about you bringing up that you were a vet after you stated thatt you never mention it. Hypocrite.

Hypoluxo Fl

#973 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, I don't need my taxpayer funded pension.
But since I earned it, I think I'll keep it all the same.
I'll be fine either way, but thanks for your concern.
HYPOCRITE.

Tawas City, Michigan

#974 Oct 26, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I see. The government only should employ essential employees like you and your husband. You two are the only ones that should get a pension? Hypocrite. Give it back. You've stated that you don't need it.
Nope, still not able to tell the truth I see.

Hypoluxo Fl

#975 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously we can't eliminate current pensions due to contractual law, but a good starting point going forward would be limiting pensions only to those essential employees who had to continue working without pay during the latest "shutdown". We can whittle it down from there.
Can we really afford to give generous pensions & benefits to 800,000+ NON-ESSENTIAL employees?
We DO have a $17+ TRILLION debt, with more accumulating by the minute.
Yes, back to you and your husband being the only two government employees that were so essential only you two should get a government pension. Narcisstic Hypocrite.

Hypoluxo Fl

#976 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, we're not relying on our pensions; nor will we have to rely on social security.
There ARE people who save & invest over their career so they DON'T have to rely on the govt for their retirement.
They're called responsible citizens.
Excellent. Since you don't need your pension, help balance the budget. Give it back, hypocrite, free loader.

Hypoluxo Fl

#977 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, still not able to tell the truth I see.
Truth? From you? I only see your hypocrisy.

Hypoluxo Fl

#978 Oct 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you simply incapable of telling the truth?
Where did I EVER say only my husband and I deserve a govt pension?
So tell us who else deserves a government pension? And why? Hypocrite. Besides, you don't need it, help balace the budget you complain about all the time. Put your money where your narcisstic mouth is. HYPOCRITE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Quirky 333,139
News Ben Carson: Obama May Be Guilty of Treason If U... 3 min Mayberry GFY 9
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Limbertwig 186,498
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,252,078
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dr Guru 192,386
Time to go? 9 min MarkJ- 813
News Romney Slams Trump's 'Unfortunate' Remarks on I... 10 min Redd Herring 14
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 1 hr Agents of Corruption 72
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 3 hr woodtick57 739
More from around the web