PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2191 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“Ted Cruz is a Traitor. ”

Since: May 12

420town

#793 Oct 24, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You are a frightwing drivel filled ignorant teabagger. Take your meds.
My question is: Who's Saul Alinsky?

“Ted Cruz is a Traitor. ”

Since: May 12

420town

#794 Oct 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Pensions from your employer are earned; not equally, but earned nonetheless.
Social security isn't an earned pension.
Yes it is. We pay for it with payroll deductions. Read up!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#795 Oct 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Pensions from your employer are earned; not equally, but earned nonetheless.
Social security isn't an earned pension.
do those that never work get SS? do they get as much as someone who worked their whole life? seems pretty earned to me...
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#796 Oct 24, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You are a frightwing drivel filled ignorant teabagger. Take your meds.
I don't believe your drivel. You are a gibberish based lab grown spore that like a viral parasite hooked on the something for nothing agenda that started to spread when America was still a rising nation. We are in decline now. so how about cutting corruption, stealing, graft and the such. Or are there to many progressives that are into that...Saul Alinsky lives!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#797 Oct 24, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a very real possibility that the moderates could get voted out and the republicans still having control of the house. Redistricting has made that a real problem.
That is the most likely dark cloud on the horizon...
If there is something to be frightened of.....

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#798 Oct 25, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>In addition to being a blatant hypocrite, you're a survival nut conspiracy theorist.
Welllll... one doesn't have to be a conspiracy nut to be a survivalist.

I also have a similar setup like sheeple does. Lots of food stored, seeds, land to grow it on, water, weapons and ammo...etc, enough to feed all of my family and extended family. All my rental properties have gardens to provide food for those that I rent to, I have my landscapers go by to make sure the gardens are well kept.

Then again my reasons a much different than Sheeple's I think. I live in Hawaii and all a person needs to do is google it in map mode to see it's a rock in the middle of the ocean 2,400 miles from the nearest significant land mass.

Food for the population is shipped in on boats, those boats run on oil as do all the power plants on all the islands, all it would take is war in the middle east or some other crisis to shut down the flow of oil and spike the prices world wide and thus the prices for all items and power in Hawaii.

The state has about a month's worth of food on the island without another transport ship. After that we are on our own. It's not outside of the realm of possibility that our food and power supply would be put in danger as well as parts of the water system.

Now I am not as pessimistic as sheeple. I am pretty faithful that the spirit of Aloha that we have in the islands will pull through in such a tough time. It held true during Hurricane Iniki when the island of Kauai was cut off for a little over a month and everyone on that island pulled together, shared their resources, stores gave their food away, even the army corp of engnieers that seen Hurricane Andrew a few weeks before was shocked at how little violence and chaos was on the island. But it doesn't hurt to be safe.

It's a big movement in Hawaii to get the old plantation farmland open to food production instead of just sitting empty and unused to provide a better buffer to our over dependency on the importing of food. To expand alternative energy sources to cut the cost of energy which is sitting at 35 cent per kh down from a high of 55 cents last year.

It doesn't hurt to be prepared for bad situations if someone has the means to do so. I do it because I live in the most geographically isolated spot on the planet and I want to make sure my family and community has resources. Sheeple does it because they think that society is going to collapse, in either case it's not hurting anyone and in the end could only help others.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#799 Oct 25, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the most likely dark cloud on the horizon...
If there is something to be frightened of.....
Yeah, that is what made the 2010 election to powerful for the Republicans. It wasn't so much the house seats that they won, it was all the state seats that they won. Have full control of state governments during a cencus year is powerful. They basic insure a right-wing leaning house for another 10 years.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#800 Oct 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
People pay taxes for all sorts of things.
Yes, we do.
Did you earn the roads & bridges your gas tax dollars paid for?
No. Clearly you do not understand FICA. It is a very specific levy - money earned by the contributor is given SOLELY to a program that will insure that funds will be available to him or her later.

It is not an income tax.
Did you earn the vaccine your tax dollars helped develop?
Were you dropped on your head as an infant?
CURRENT social security taxes go to pay CURRENT recipients, just like CURRENT gas taxes go to pay for CURRENT road & bridge projects.
You are incorrect. Besides your lack of grasp regarding FICA, taxes compiled for infrastructure today are not necessarily spent today. Often projects are funded BUT NOT PAID FOR until years after.
You don't have a private social security account.
No kidding. I never implied otherwise.
All you have to do to start collecting is turn 62.
No, you can collect Social Security for a number of other reasons prior to that age.
CURRENT workers at that time will pay for you social security; you're NOT withdrawing from your account.
NO, YOU DID NOT EARN IT.
Your foolishness is truly astounding. Not once did I state that the contributor gets back ALL he/she has had deducted. He/She receives a portion based upon the FICA schedule. He/She earned the salary to contribute for his/her future. It is akin to an investment.

You seem bent out of shape by that fact. Facts do that to you.

#801 Oct 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the sheeple think there will always be sufficient green grass to graze for eternity. It's no wonder it's so easy to lead them off to slaughter.
The insecure always believe they are victims in waiting.
If you think $20 or $30 or $40 trillion in debt is sustainable, then you're the only one.
It is clear you have a need to state things that are not fact. Please show us where I stated that.

I have food, water, & supplies enough to last for 10 years, and seed, animals, & equipment to be self sufficient after that. And of course I have more than enough weapons & ammunition to defend it all.
That is farcical. Thank you for illustrating your insecurity.

#802 Oct 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And I find it incredibly sad that the millions of fat lazy spoiled sheeple are driving our country right to the edge of the cliff, and now seem ready to stomp on the gas.
So sad...
No, what is truly sad is your hatred for America.

I remind you of what actually happened to the Dixie Chicks. Their lead singer dared to speak her mind while performing a concert in Great Britain. In the days leading up to Iraq II, they performed a tour in Europe - nations that greater experience with war and were profoundly reluctant to engage in another. Natalie Maynes used her Constitutionally protected right to say, "Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

How dare she?

So...what happened? The Righteous Right reacted with such hatred that few parallels exist. Dixie Chicks music was burned, crushed by bulldozers and ripped from store shelves. Businesses that dared sell them saw protests until they complied. Radio stations fired DJS for playing their music. The Republicant militia issued death threats to the band and held rallies with some hysterical placards present.

"He's OUR President. If you don't like it, MOVE!"

"The Dixie Chicks will burn in Hell!"

"Christians against Chicks!"

and my favorite...
"Free Speech is un-American when we're fighting terror!"

Maybe it's time to follow the message you embraced a decade ago...if you don't like living here, our policies and administration, leave. Your whining and disparaging merely aid our enemies.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#803 Oct 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ya know, you usually seem fairly level headed, but just a friendly note hear,
you are getting really full of yourself and making a huge ass of yourself here...
The sheeple often feel that way when they hear the truth.

800,000+ NON-ESSENTIAL govt employees, who also recently got a 2 week PAID VACATION all at taxpayer expense.

They're categorized as non-essential for a reason. Especially when we're still adding about $1 TRILLION in debt every year.

#804 Oct 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The sheeple often feel that way when they hear the truth.
800,000+ NON-ESSENTIAL govt employees, who also recently got a 2 week PAID VACATION all at taxpayer expense.
They're categorized as non-essential for a reason. Especially when we're still adding about $1 TRILLION in debt every year.
Non-essential is a term for those not required to maintain national security, people like you.

By the way, still waiting for that NEC.

Tawas City, Michigan

#805 Oct 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so the people that process the gov't checks you need to survive aren't worth their pay? I'll believe that when you give up that check you didn't earn...
Pension checks are processed primarily by computer.

Pensions are earned- I never claimed otherwise; some more so than others.

No, the govt employee making on average $75k/yr to be a bean-counter behind a desk most definitely NOT worth that much.

I support paying all govt workers- including elected politicians- the average US wage of about $30k.

#806 Oct 25, 2013
You average 8,000 posts a year and still have time to stick your paranoia bunker?

Tawas City, Michigan

#807 Oct 25, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>In addition to being a blatant hypocrite, you're a survival nut conspiracy theorist.
No, I just believe in being prepared.

Ice storms, snowstorms, hurricanes, tornados as well as any number of natural & manmade disasters can disrupt power & food supplies for weeks or even months at a time.

Sheeple rely on the govt to come to the rescue.

Good sheeple....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#808 Oct 25, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that is what made the 2010 election to powerful for the Republicans. It wasn't so much the house seats that they won, it was all the state seats that they won. Have full control of state governments during a cencus year is powerful. They basic insure a right-wing leaning house for another 10 years.
To give the devil his due...They executed a ruthless and relentless powerplay. It was admirable in a sense.
So it will take a series of wins on both the national and state levels in order to negate that advantage, Or a rout by the GOP estabblishment, not certain.

Tawas City, Michigan

#809 Oct 25, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Really? In your twisted convoluted mind. Hypocrite.
Ask anyone who's served in the military, or has a family member who served in the military; they'll tell you the same thing.

There's the military, and then there's civilians.

No comparison at all.

Tawas City, Michigan

#810 Oct 25, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Current and past workers paid for your government retirement. Hypocrite.
As did I.

My pension was earned.

Social security is NOT earned, but rather given to you just for reaching age 62.

#811 Oct 25, 2013
s/b "You average 8,000 posts a year and still have time to stock your paranoia bunker? "

It won't be nearly as pointed but is now far more accurate.

In an ad populum sweep, has anyone ever watched the "Doomsday Preppers" or "Bunker Babies" documentaries. You can almost hear the banjos playing while they mock that week's Goober and Ma' in each episode. It's like Jerry Springer for the Righteous Right.

#812 Oct 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I just believe in being prepared.
Ice storms, snowstorms, hurricanes, tornados as well as any number of natural & manmade disasters can disrupt power & food supplies for weeks or even months at a time.
Sheeple rely on the govt to come to the rescue.
Good sheeple....
The paranoid fear the government. By the way. the aluminum foil is peeling on your ceiling. You don't want the aliens stealing your thoughts again, do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min red and right 190,348
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min woodtick57 182,870
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 8 min Reverend Alan 33
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Wow 164,443
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 13 min spud 1,124
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 14 min Who 2,156
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min USAsince1680 1,234,678
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min positronium 328,735
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 49 min woodtick57 321
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 hr woodtick57 359
More from around the web