PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2202 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“THE LEFT IS ATTEMPTING A COUP”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#292 Oct 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you failed to address how a voter ID law prevents anyone from committing voter fraud like the examples I provided.
I will continue to oppose any mandatory voter ID laws unless the state ensures EVERY CITIZEN has been issued an ID BEFORE the law takes effect.
You do what you think you have to do and I will help NC ,and any other state, KEEP its voter ID law the law of the land! Good Luck and my the best ideology win!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#293 Oct 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>9th Amendment:

"The enumeration in the constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Your answer STILL doesn't explain why the terminology in the other amendments begins "The right of citizens of the United States to vote....." instead of the "privilege" as you claimed.

Yes, the RIGHT varies from state to state, because like any other right it CAN be restricted. Just because it CAN and IS restricted doesn't mean it's not a right; it just means that RIGHT can and is restricted.
Not legally when your talking about the second amendment.

“THE LEFT IS ATTEMPTING A COUP”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#294 Oct 16, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wars start and people die over thinking like yours in this post.
We can't agree on the facts nor common sense! I have to produce an ID card to buy cold meds because some people buy the same stuff to make meth but people complain about voter ID laws, WHY? Is your side willing to admit a lost cause? Will your side listen to reason, when states allow minor children to have abortions WITHOUT parental consent? Will your side follow a state law passed by its residence or will you take it to court when you don't get your way? Do you see what I am saying? The left wants the right to be open minded BUT with the left it is my way or the highway!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#295 Oct 16, 2013
MoralMajority wrote:
The GOP should listen to these rancid left useless idiot weasels and save the GOP.
I am sure the GOPs are looking at the recent ABC/Washington Post polls shows A new high of 74 percent of Americans disapprove of the way the Republicans in Congress are handling Washington’s budget crisis.

Don't know if those folks polled are "rancid" "useless" "idiot" or "weasels" (your words) but interesting numbers.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#296 Oct 16, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Where does the buck stop for liberals........oh that's right anywhere but Obama.

so you are blaming obama for the ebt card processor going down then?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#297 Oct 16, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>gibberish.
A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#298 Oct 16, 2013
yep, repub party is dead....dems are all that's left....long live the queen.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#299 Oct 16, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
its ok, once the repub party fragments, it will only be a matter of time before all the blame gets laid at the dem's feet thus causing the same fractures inside the democratic party.

Here's hoping we get some political diversity at that time.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#300 Oct 16, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
did you have your shoes on? Was Yoko anywhere around?
Yoko was a no-show. I wore shoes since it's bad luck to be superstitious.

Location hidden

#301 Oct 16, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Will you attend the funeral? We'll spring for the pine box.

Hypoluxo Fl

#302 Oct 16, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't agree on the facts nor common sense! I have to produce an ID card to buy cold meds because some people buy the same stuff to make meth but people complain about voter ID laws, WHY? Is your side willing to admit a lost cause? Will your side listen to reason, when states allow minor children to have abortions WITHOUT parental consent? Will your side follow a state law passed by its residence or will you take it to court when you don't get your way? Do you see what I am saying? The left wants the right to be open minded BUT with the left it is my way or the highway!
Of course you can't. You teabaggers wouldn't know a fact and have no sense. Stay retired. Retarded piece of frightwing dogshit.

Hypoluxo Fl

#303 Oct 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
gibberish.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#304 Oct 16, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you can't. You teabaggers wouldn't know a fact and have no sense. Stay retired. Retarded piece of frightwing dogshit.
Saul Alinsky lives!...fencewalkers..Saul says, "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon"...Prepare yourselves...

Hypoluxo Fl

#305 Oct 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Saul Alinsky lives!...fencewalkers..Saul says, "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon"...Prepare yourselves...
gibberish.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#306 Oct 16, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>gibberish.
drivel

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#307 Oct 16, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Not legally when your talking about the second amendment.
The SCOTUS disagrees with you.

So does every reputable constitutional expert.

Every right is restricted.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#308 Oct 16, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Courts are an integral part of our government. We have every right- and I would argue we have the responsibility- to take it to the courts for a redress of grievances.

Alpharetta, GA

#309 Oct 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Will you attend the funeral? We'll spring for the pine box.
don't waste money on a box, just pour them down the toilet and flush...that works with all politicans. both parties, they are all worthless

Location hidden

#310 Oct 16, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
don't waste money on a box, just pour them down the toilet and flush...that works with all politicans. both parties, they are all worthless
From what movie is the following:

"...first thing we gotta do is take out all the lawyers and shoot 'em down like dawgs!"

Alpharetta, GA

#311 Oct 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>From what movie is the following:
"...first thing we gotta do is take out all the lawyers and shoot 'em down like dawgs!"
good idea, sounds like it might be a variation on the Shakespeare stuff....maybe a western with Walter Brennan?

it seems to escape me at this time, but i'll google it. You can find out anyting on the internets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump hypes mock video of golf ball seen striki... 8 min See The Light 109
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 14 min John McQuan 35
News DACA recipients question future 19 min Katrina 202
News News 21 Mins Ago Senate intelligence chairman: ... 21 min John McQuan 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Limbertwig 289,138
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min mdbuilder 1,600,075
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 30 min Freedomofexpression 9,685
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Tellthetruth 30,682
More from around the web