Trump disputes estimate of Puerto Ric...

Trump disputes estimate of Puerto Rico storm deaths

There are 25 comments on the Evening Times story from Friday Sep 14, titled Trump disputes estimate of Puerto Rico storm deaths. In it, Evening Times reports that:

US president Donald Trump has disputed the official death toll from Hurricane Maria last year, and falsely accused Democrats of inflating the Puerto Rican count to make him "look as bad as possible". Public health experts have estimated that nearly 3,000 people died because of the effects of Maria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 Friday Sep 14
The annual death rate in Puerto Rico is 8.6 per 1000 people. So, actually, about 30,000 Puerto Ricans died the year of hurricane Maria.
1 post removed
NOBAMA

United States

#4 Friday Sep 14
Liberals are blaming President Trump for the entire hurricane and now they are gearing up to blame him for the hundreds of people trapped in their homes in the Carolinas that are not getting the help they need.
whiney beech

Bloomingdale, IN

#5 Friday Sep 14
NOBAMA wrote:
Liberals are blaming President Trump for the entire hurricane and now they are gearing up to blame him for the hundreds of people trapped in their homes in the Carolinas that are not getting the help they need.
Choices are made, and if people choose to stay, I would not risk my life to save the. I understand wanting to stay to protect one's stuff, but a choice was made.

Looters? Why not shoot?
spud

Easton, PA

#6 Friday Sep 14
The lazy Puerto Ricans and their lazy leadership didn't lift a finger to help themselves. They get their talking points from unhinged ignoramuses like Andrew Cuomo who are professional victims. The truth is, their government had left their countries infrastructure deteriorate to unacceptable levels and even a storm half the size of Maria would have devastated their degraded island. But Democrats always blame somebody else for their deficiencies. They're like little kids. Resist bigots, resist.
NOBAMA

United States

#7 Friday Sep 14
No other President in the nations history has been more blamed or hated and disrespected by half the people than Mr Trump, except possibly Abraham Lincoln.
NOBAMA

United States

#8 Friday Sep 14
spud wrote:
The lazy Puerto Ricans and their lazy leadership didn't lift a finger to help themselves. They get their talking points from unhinged ignoramuses like Andrew Cuomo who are professional victims. The truth is, their government had left their countries infrastructure deteriorate to unacceptable levels and even a storm half the size of Maria would have devastated their degraded island. But Democrats always blame somebody else for their deficiencies. They're like little kids. Resist bigots, resist.
Who will be blamed when another storm destroys their above ground electrical supply again?
They should be prepared with effort's to burry those lines now, but no they will just wait and play the victims in order to get more help from the states and blame President Trump when another hurricane takes its toll.
Sandra

Deer Park, TX

#9 Friday Sep 14
whiney beech wrote:
<quoted text>

Choices are made, and if people choose to stay, I would not risk my life to save the. I understand wanting to stay to protect one's stuff, but a choice was made.

Looters? Why not shoot?
There is not very many places that you can go when you are surrounded by water.
Used to be a Democrat

Salem, MA

#10 Friday Sep 14
Obama said the economy was because of his policies, so perhaps this was Obama’s fault.
Boiler Plate

Beverly, MA

#11 Friday Sep 14
I want to help you out Donald. This is how you unload a job you clearly hate:

The Honorable Mike Pompeo
The Secretary of State
Washington, DC 20520

Dear Mr. Secretary,

I hearby resign the Office of the President of the United States.

Sincerely,

Donald J. Trump
RETURN TO SENDER

United States

#12 Friday Sep 14
Boiler Plate wrote:

The Secretary of State
Washington, DC 20520

Dear Mr. Secretary,

Sincerely,

Donald J. Trump
Don't get your hopes up.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Friday Sep 14
RustyS wrote:
The annual death rate in Puerto Rico is 8.6 per 1000 people. So, actually, about 30,000 Puerto Ricans died the year of hurricane Maria.
Stay in denial, Rusted One. It's cozier there.

Location hidden

#14 Friday Sep 14
NOBAMA wrote:
No other President in the nations history has been more blamed or hated and disrespected by half the people than Mr Trump, except possibly Abraham Lincoln.
That's one record Trump will probably always have. He certainly deserves it.

And be prepared. It's more than half the people.

Location hidden

#15 Friday Sep 14
Boiler Plate wrote:

The Secretary of State
Washington, DC 20520

Dear Mr. Secretary,

Sincerely,

Donald J. Trump
I'd be glad to deliver it.
Solutions

Beverly, MA

#16 Friday Sep 14
NOBAMA wrote:
<quoted text>

Who will be blamed when another storm destroys their above ground electrical supply again?
They should be prepared with effort's to burry those lines now, but no they will just wait and play the victims in order to get more help from the states and blame President Trump when another hurricane takes its toll.
You do realize a whole lot of communities in the United States have above ground power lines in locations vulnerable to bad storms?

When is that “Huge” infrastructure program going to commence? How will it be financed? I paid my 30% in taxes last year. Wonder if Trump and his friends who got those tax cuts paid 30%?

Puerto Rico is part of the United States and deserves better than what has been provided since the United States forced them to become a territory.

We either need to provide them full statehood or assist them with full independence.

But the hurricane happened on Trump’s watch and he needs to make it right.

Trump’s tweets are not helpful and a sign of his lack of maturity.

If he cannot take the heat, he should resign and let Pence take over.
NOBAMA

United States

#17 Friday Sep 14
Solutions wrote:
<quoted text>

You do realize a whole lot of communities in the United States have above ground power lines in locations vulnerable to bad storms?

When is that “Huge” infrastructure program going to commence? How will it be financed? I paid my 30% in taxes last year. Wonder if Trump and his friends who got those tax cuts paid 30%?

Puerto Rico is part of the United States and deserves better than what has been provided since the United States forced them to become a territory.

We either need to provide them full statehood or assist them with full independence.

But the hurricane happened on Trump’s watch and he needs to make it right.

Trump’s tweets are not helpful and a sign of his lack of maturity.

If he cannot take the heat, he should resign and let Pence take over.
It will take time to burry the electrical lines, but it can be done by the power company.
The poles and lines now costed someone and it happened.
The officials in that country should be working on preparations for the next big storm now instead of focusing on Trump so much.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#18 Friday Sep 14
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Stay in denial, Rusted One. It's cozier there.
The Puerto Rico government officially reported 48 people died in the hurricane (The official death toll from Hurricane Maria is 48, according to the territory's Department of Public Safety), CNN reported 3,000 people died in the hurricane, largely because of Trump. My liberal facts show he may have killed 30,000. Just trying to help you Larry.

And, for the big news, did you hear Kavanaugh may have tried to talk a girl into having sex, while he was in high school, 40 some years ago!!! Can you even imagine how depraved that is?
DEMOCRATS ARE JERKS

United States

#19 Friday Sep 14
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>

The Puerto Rico government officially reported 48 people died in the hurricane (The official death toll from Hurricane Maria is 48, according to the territory's Department of Public Safety), CNN reported 3,000 people died in the hurricane, largely because of Trump. My liberal facts show he may have killed 30,000. Just trying to help you Larry.

And, for the big news, did you hear Kavanaugh may have tried to talk a girl into having sex, while he was in high school, 40 some years ago!!! Can you even imagine how depraved that is?
Perish the thought that he would try something that dastardly.
The Democrats will have him hanging from the highest tree!
They went back a ways on that one , but they really have something now.

Location hidden

#20 Friday Sep 14
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>

You can help me best by taking a vow of silence.
I don't know what pleasure you derive from slithering around in your mind-numbing ignorance.

Donald Trump is indifferent to the lives of practically everybody, most notably if they are non-white. He blurts out his bullshit and you swallow it whole.

Donald Trump is a contemptible excuse for a human being. You can argue the fact, but you can't change it.
Kilroy

Abilene, TX

#21 Friday Sep 14
When does the death toll stop for any hurricane

As soon as the sky clears

After all the people have been rescued

After all the injured people have recovered

after all the bodies have been found

The report estimates that the death toll was hire than 64 using 6 months as a time frame

Trump only response fake news

nothing to see here

Like someone said it happen on his watch

Remember his pledge to donate $1 million from his personal fortune to those in Texas and LA.

Yet with PR he tweeted “You’ve thrown our budget a little out of whack.”

then again maybe he realized that in 4 years he would probaly go broke doing that

Does anybody ever know if he did, I see a bunch of articles that he pledged it and some articles where they said the money was going

I would have thought when he actually did it , it would have at least been tweeted.
3 posts removed
Shakem OnDown

Columbus, OH

#25 Saturday Sep 15
RustyS wrote:
You should work for faux news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kavanaugh accuser to tell her side to Senate 4 min American_Infidel 29
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,831,314
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Deep Grope 106,423
News US Supreme Court nominee and accuser agree to t... 9 min jtkluempers 8
News Kavanaugh's accuser says she would testify unde... 10 min Spocko 66
News A 2nd woman has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexu... 14 min Spocko 1
News Trump says it's 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh ass... 18 min American_Infidel 56
News Woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual miscon... 31 min waikiki leaks 422