Is the U.S. Ready for a Mormon President?

There are 20 comments on the Jan 12, 2012, www.nydailynews.com story titled Is the U.S. Ready for a Mormon President?. In it, www.nydailynews.com reports that:

Politics Staff Story

Many Mormons don't think so. Just 56% believe Americans are ready to elect a Mormon President, according to a new Pew Research Center survey.

The New York Daily News reports that

Some conservative Christians don't consider Mormons to be Christian at all, and there's plenty of often-unvoiced hostility toward Mormonism among some Christian sects.

GOP front-runner Mitt Romney may be a stricter Mormon than many of his co-religionists, The Huffington Post reports.

Romney...drinks neither coffee nor tea. And his wife, according to Mormon tradition, keeps months' worth of food storage for emergencies.

Weigh in: Is America ready for a Mormon president? Do you care about the president's religious beliefs?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nydailynews.com.

see the Light

El Paso, TX

#3945 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
America IS a better place than it was under Bush.
America HAS been removed from being under control of that stupid Dick Cheney and their "national security" excuse to dominate us.
<quoted text>
You must be a Welfare recipiant, they love to be controlled. Obama and Pelosi said -we know what's best for all the people. If anyone disagree's"just call him racist"

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3946 Feb 25, 2012
see the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it, these Dems live in the past? I thought Obammy was going to make evreything wonderful.
They seem to find tactical relief back there. When there King comes under scrutiny for screwing up, they can always either drop into Bush-Bashing Mode, talk about slave ships in the 1700's or bring up the KKK. The past is a refuge for obfuscating liars.

Since: Apr 08

Butler, New Jersey

#3947 Feb 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way, I have never supported Pesident Obama on this thread or anywhere else.
What I have done is say that it is wrong to tell lies about him or anyone else. What is the point of telling lies?
You are now seeming desperate to prove your point. Your desperation has made you lie.
Why is it so important to you that the prejudice against Romney be made more than it is? This has not seemingly been a big problem in the run for president and seems to be a much larger problem for you than it is for him. And like I said, I doubt you were ballyhooing those who were doing the same to Obama when he ran. What is right for one is right for all. What is wrong for one is wrong for all.
I see both sides. You see one side. That's why you can't see beyond the end of your nose.
Now who is lying? You say that you have never supported Obama on this thread, yet when I call him "King Obama"...you are all over me. Isn't that supporting Obama?

Lapeer, MI

#3948 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
The failures of bush are still reverberating through our economy. And we are still cleaning up his 9/11 failure.
<quoted text>
The only thing reverberating here is the sound of your Liberal whining because people actually have the audacity to blame the Bumbler In Chief for a ship sinking on his watch. Shameful, isn't?.

Lapeer, MI

#3949 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
Remember how you used to blame Clinton for 9/11? Or for the economy failing? Or for just about everything that went wrong in Bush's two terms?
You see, you guys use "the butterfly effect" to justify your reachings into the past to justify your present failures.
We however specifically point out policies that directly cause the debacle we are in now. The economy crashed two weeks BEFORE Obama took office. That is the SAME crash we are slowly climbing out of.
And you anxious misfits think that someone Republican could have truly brought the economy back on it's feet in 3.5 years. Yea they could have, by even more massive gov't accounting manipulation and deception. Our economy was running on "financial service products" from 2003-2008.
BULL crap!
<quoted text>
The economy crashed two weeks before King Obama accepted the crown? Your bosom buddy Consurpative Collins says that the economy failed 10 years ago. You Liberal apologists need to get your "factual" data onto the same page before embarrassing yourselves here.

What's this about a butterfly effect?

Bush_Bashing doesn't work anymore. Game's up, dood. Let the loser takes his hits for doing nothing the past 3.5 years. He's a big boy now.

Lapeer, MI

#3950 Feb 25, 2012
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling me a fundamentalist Christian?
Here's your chance to call her a sex organ - one with half the keyboard missing.

Lapeer, MI

#3951 Feb 25, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
Fundamentalist Christian = Taliban.
Lemming = Liberal

Lapeer, MI

#3952 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
America IS a better place than it was under Bush.
America HAS been removed from being under control of that stupid Dick Cheney and their "national security" excuse to dominate us.
<quoted text>
The evidence you present is awesome, dood.
Osirica

Oak Park, MI

#3953 Feb 25, 2012
Nope, a hard working fully employed American. And part of the reason I got a job again after losing during the SECOND Bush recession is due to the changes away the Bush BS policies.

You're out of touch with reality.
see the Light wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a Welfare recipiant, they love to be controlled. Obama and Pelosi said -we know what's best for all the people. If anyone disagree's"just call him racist"

Lapeer, MI

#3954 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
SO what.
YOu spend time in your cordoned off exploration contracts not actually interacting with the people, except for maybe a few locals that are paid off to do your PTC bidding.
And yes you probably have spent more time in the ticket line than I have in the air. That's my point.
You spend more time accumulating travel miles but you don't actually know people overseas. Because you know why? Look at you. In your reply you can't even discuss any amount of interaction you've had with people over there. YOu know why>?
Because your sooooon is a global director of the same bullshit companies that screw up the Niger Delta and the Mississippi delta.
Hey, I'm over here clapping for you. I'm sure you only count the governments of China (Oppressive regime) and Russia (Repressive Regime) as countries that "laugh at us".
Yes, for you, it's better for them to "respect us" than it is for their everyday people to, or for other countries with democracies, TRUE democracies to do so. But then again you don't give two shits what Indians or Brazilians think of us. Well except the 1%'ers there that have their own oil companies.
Keep racking up those miles, because you know it's the tickets, not the people.
<quoted text>
Hee, hee,...haven't you blown an artery yet? Still working on it, I see. Good Luck!
Osirica

Oak Park, MI

#3955 Feb 25, 2012
I don't care what someone says. We were all witnesses on the the Month of December 2008.

I don't need your smart alec or his manipulative crying to tell me what I and 250 million people saw with their own eyes?

We are still climbing out of it, and no Republican could do a better job. No in fact they would have done worse by continuing Bush economic policies then covering them up with more corporate-government scams.

Obama is repairing the damage, despite your Republican slavemasters wanting to tear up the country even more. Oh no regulation for the financial services industry: Let the country burn for a principle that only applies in their favor!

Blow me, whore.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy crashed two weeks before King Obama accepted the crown? Your bosom buddy Consurpative Collins says that the economy failed 10 years ago. You Liberal apologists need to get your "factual" data onto the same page before embarrassing yourselves here.
What's this about a butterfly effect?
Bush_Bashing doesn't work anymore. Game's up, dood. Let the loser takes his hits for doing nothing the past 3.5 years. He's a big boy now.

Lapeer, MI

#3956 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
Nope, a hard working fully employed American. And part of the reason I got a job again after losing during the SECOND Bush recession is due to the changes away the Bush BS policies.
<quoted text>

If you want to touch reality, wash your hands first.

Lapeer, MI

#3957 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
I don't care what someone says. We were all witnesses on the the Month of December 2008.
I don't need your smart alec or his manipulative crying to tell me what I and 250 million people saw with their own eyes?
We are still climbing out of it, and no Republican could do a better job. No in fact they would have done worse by continuing Bush economic policies then covering them up with more corporate-government scams.
Obama is repairing the damage, despite your Republican slavemasters wanting to tear up the country even more. Oh no regulation for the financial services industry: Let the country burn for a principle that only applies in their favor!
Blow me, whore.
<quoted text>
Yep, the Bumbler In Chief is fixing the damage. I've seen countless photo-ops with him and his rolled up sleeves while the oil pourd into Louisiana swamps and shrimp beds. HAHAHAHAHAHAA

He had his sleeves rolled up, too, when he was walking through the corrupt Solyndra fiasco factory. HAHAHAHA

I've heard his rhetoric about fixing America a thousand times on Liberal media mouthpieces. He had his sleeves rolled up then, too. He had his tie pulled loose, too. Damn he's good - for being a used car salesman.

We need leadership, dood, and not some cute little boy singing little ditties on late night David Letterman.
Osirica

Oak Park, MI

#3958 Feb 25, 2012
Yep, more empty bullshit witty replies.

Ok moving on to the next point.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to touch reality, wash your hands first.
Osirica

Oak Park, MI

#3959 Feb 25, 2012
Oh so you're saying that he should have literally cleaned up the delta with his own bare hands. Ok,

Next point

Pay attention: jobs are increasing throughout the country and despite the resistance from Republican lawmakers, which mind you have slowed down the growth of this country. Republicans have coordinated every moment to stonewall anything he can do to help this country, under the guise of protecting the rich in the name of "freedom".

I know for you, you can't acknowledge that, but that's the reality. Now lets hear your coherent reply to that. Or you can do more of your dancing sarcasm.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the Bumbler In Chief is fixing the damage. I've seen countless photo-ops with him and his rolled up sleeves while the oil pourd into Louisiana swamps and shrimp beds. HAHAHAHAHAHAA
He had his sleeves rolled up, too, when he was walking through the corrupt Solyndra fiasco factory. HAHAHAHA
I've heard his rhetoric about fixing America a thousand times on Liberal media mouthpieces. He had his sleeves rolled up then, too. He had his tie pulled loose, too. Damn he's good - for being a used car salesman.
We need leadership, dood, and not some cute little boy singing little ditties on late night David Letterman.

Lapeer, MI

#3960 Feb 25, 2012
Osirica wrote:
Oh so you're saying that he should have literally cleaned up the delta with his own bare hands. Ok,
Next point
Pay attention: jobs are increasing throughout the country and despite the resistance from Republican lawmakers, which mind you have slowed down the growth of this country. Republicans have coordinated every moment to stonewall anything he can do to help this country, under the guise of protecting the rich in the name of "freedom".
I know for you, you can't acknowledge that, but that's the reality. Now lets hear your coherent reply to that. Or you can do more of your dancing sarcasm.
<quoted text>
Pay attention: Alfred E. Neuman could be President and jobs could fluctuate up and down while he just picked his nose like King Obama does. Economies don't just vanish, idiot. If they go South, they have nowhere to go but North.

I wished for good weather yesterday and I got it. I must have King Obama powers, too!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

The point here is that Chicago Community Organizers know nothing about Capitalism, Job creation, Economies and Hard Work. They only know how to get money from those that do. Bingo.

Pay attention.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Location hidden

#3961 Feb 26, 2012
Osirica wrote:
SO what.
YOu spend time in your cordoned off exploration contracts not actually interacting with the people, except for maybe a few locals that are paid off to do your PTC bidding.
And yes you probably have spent more time in the ticket line than I have in the air. That's my point.
You spend more time accumulating travel miles but you don't actually know people overseas. Because you know why? Look at you. In your reply you can't even discuss any amount of interaction you've had with people over there. YOu know why>?
Because your sooooon is a global director of the same bullshit companies that screw up the Niger Delta and the Mississippi delta.
Hey, I'm over here clapping for you. I'm sure you only count the governments of China (Oppressive regime) and Russia (Repressive Regime) as countries that "laugh at us".
Yes, for you, it's better for them to "respect us" than it is for their everyday people to, or for other countries with democracies, TRUE democracies to do so. But then again you don't give two shits what Indians or Brazilians think of us. Well except the 1%'ers there that have their own oil companies.
Keep racking up those miles, because you know it's the tickets, not the people.
<quoted text>
There you go again...trying to tag someone with your own idea of their experiences. You do this because you have no meaningful argument to explain why your own experiences are somehow better.
Actually, I had great experiences with the people where I went. I helped them get good jobs. I helped some of them get good educational opportunities in the USA. I actually visited a young Brazilian'a avacaco farm and helped him design a turbine to generate power from the stream running thru his farm.
You probably helped them to have more basket weaving schools. You probably opened little manufacturing facilities where you pocketed the profits. But, then again, you may have just visited the resorts where you laughed and chatted with the help.
Hummmm...but then again you probably visited European resorts and tourist attractions.
Like I said, quit trying to play the "expert" because there are many out here who can show you their own experiences. Don't use your half-dozen to measure our dozen.
1 post removed

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#3963 Feb 26, 2012
Screwed Up America wrote:
<quoted text>Your little master will be proud of ya for that one, Sparky. lol
In other words, your shepherd has not trained you to think on your feet and you cannot answer.

Thanks for playing.

Brooklyn, New York

#3964 Feb 26, 2012
Screwed Up America wrote:
<quoted text>Confident? A deer looking into the headlights is confident? LOL!
You mean Bush?

Brooklyn, New York

#3965 Feb 26, 2012
Karol wrote:
<quoted text>He is not. He is the only sane, wise, proamerican candidate there and the only chance for normal, sane government, proper, adequate changes in foreign and domestic policy and normalization.
Yeah. Right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Sunshine 179,451
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min red and right 187,430
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min sonicfilter 1,220,912
News Hillary Clinton - no stranger to controversy 21 min serfs up 215
News Senator tells House to go first on immigration ... 23 min wild child 4
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 26 min red and right 324,863
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 30 min VN Vet 1,031
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 36 min red and right 749
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min red and right 161,100
More from around the web