Newt's 'Food Stamp President': Racial...

Newt's 'Food Stamp President': Racial Or Just Politics?

There are 3004 comments on the National Public Radio story from Jan 16, 2012, titled Newt's 'Food Stamp President': Racial Or Just Politics?. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Republican presidential candidate former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, accompanied by his wife Callista, meets with prisoners during an event at the Jones Memorial AME Zion Church, Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 151
Next Last

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#1 Jan 17, 2012
1) Newt might be a closet racist. Or he might be clueless about people. It doesn't matter, as he's about to slink off the stage in his humiliation...

2) What church has prisoners? I thought you find parishioners at church... Maybe they feel like prisoners if the preacher is lousy. LOL!!!

Judged:

12

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stratton

Dedham, MA

#2 Jan 17, 2012
There's nothing racist about pointing out the vast expansion of the food stamp program by this President. That's simply stating a fact.

Actually, most of the talking heads are saying Newt won the debate. The question is whether it's too little, too late to help him.
Donna

Bostic, NC

#3 Jan 17, 2012
Make an effort, show some desire. Do something constructive then maybe you deserve food stamps. To many free riders, something should be done!!!People think the government owes them. The government is the people and we owe you NOTHING!!!

“Kenyan Constitution Cannibal”

Since: Jan 12

Witchdoctor Head Shrinker

#4 Jan 17, 2012
What a nice, loaded headline from NPR .... crafted to incite the natives.

No class, just lots of warfare.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#5 Jan 17, 2012
The blatantly racist dog whistles that Newt proudly blew in that crowd of nasty bigoted racist who erupted into enthusiastically approving applause just shows how evil and disgusting the base of the republican Party is. But what was even more telling was Mitt Romney’s wooden pose as he stood there and just smiled without speaking out… here is a Mormon that is constantly subjected to a different kind of bigotry (religious) who didn’t have the courage to call Newt on what he knew was racist rhetoric.

As much as I believe that Juan Williams is a token for fox news, he was the only one in that building with real courage to confront a racist while being surrounded by nasty blood spitting racist. I have a new found respect for Mr. Williams.

Judged:

16

16

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 09

Olathe, KS

#6 Jan 17, 2012
What did Americans do before food stamps? There was a time Americans were a proud people, we grew gardens, neighbors helped neighbors, now we want handouts. Too sad!

The words 'racism' or 'hate' have become so easy to throw out when one lacks the intelligence to debate the issue at hand, again too sad!
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The blatantly racist dog whistles that Newt proudly blew in that crowd of nasty bigoted racist who erupted into enthusiastically approving applause just shows how evil and disgusting the base of the republican Party is. But what was even more telling was Mitt Romney’s wooden pose as he stood there and just smiled without speaking out… here is a Mormon that is constantly subjected to a different kind of bigotry (religious) who didn’t have the courage to call Newt on what he knew was racist rhetoric.
As much as I believe that Juan Williams is a token for fox news, he was the only one in that building with real courage to confront a racist while being surrounded by nasty blood spitting racist. I have a new found respect for Mr. Williams.

Judged:

11

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#7 Jan 17, 2012
WeimMom wrote:
What did Americans do before food stamps?
<quoted text>
They stood in long soup lines:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
WeimMom wrote:
There was a time Americans were a proud people, we grew gardens, neighbors helped neighbors, now we want handouts. Too sad!
<quoted text>
In a modern society of the concrete jungles of the big cities your delusional solution is for poor families to haul in soil (with what money), and plant seeds (bought with what money) and grow a garden?!?!?!

Unrealistic answers to a problem that the heartless right only adds more suffering to… those good old Christian values on display.
WeimMom wrote:
The words 'racism' or 'hate' have become so easy to throw out when one lacks the intelligence to debate the issue at hand, again too sad!
<quoted text>
Where is the intelligent debate in calling President Obama “the food stamp president”? Your disingenuous dishonesty revolving around Newts blatant attempts to provoke racist sentiments with language meant to have only one purpose is what is truly sad.

Judged:

16

14

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Jan 17, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The blatantly racist dog whistles that Newt proudly blew in that crowd of nasty bigoted racist who erupted into enthusiastically approving applause just shows how evil and disgusting the base of the republican Party is. But what was even more telling was Mitt Romney’s wooden pose as he stood there and just smiled without speaking out… here is a Mormon that is constantly subjected to a different kind of bigotry (religious) who didn’t have the courage to call Newt on what he knew was racist rhetoric.
As much as I believe that Juan Williams is a token for fox news, he was the only one in that building with real courage to confront a racist while being surrounded by nasty blood spitting racist. I have a new found respect for Mr. Williams.
The clown reichwing applaudes when command throws it their crafted bone. The hate-speak heard over many of these, now laborious, debates, reveals the sad, deteriorated state of affairs in dying conservatism. Funny, how the quitter Hucklebuck, quickly cut off gingrich when he went on the neg to another candidate in order to protect the phoney facade of repukelicon unity. The Central state of the Rewhiglicon Reich now only wants to allow targeted hate-speech in order to gin up the base. Tune into fux news and limbot for your next metered doses.
Otis B Driftwood

Sayville, NY

#9 Jan 17, 2012
Obama the socialist would like his portrait emblazoned on the food stamp in order to compete with Washington's on the one dollar bill.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 17, 2012
Whenever the left is faced with facts that they can't spin they start with the race card. Sad bunch of lying loons the democratic party has become.
1 post removed
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#12 Jan 17, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
Whenever the left is faced with facts that they can't spin they start with the race card. Sad bunch of lying loons the democratic party has become.
The Central State of the Reichwing has presented the country with no viable alternatives. That is the fact. Not spin. As witnessed on toothpix, The Central State of the Reichwing has also issued orders to maintain it's own spin of muslim, kenyan, illegal, socialist, commie and the rest of the endless diatribe they front in order to disguise their own weakness and ineffectiveness. As the Obama re-election draws closer, expect the Central State of the Reichwing to enter deer-in-the-headlights mode as their history of poor decision making, once again, dooms them.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#13 Jan 17, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the intelligent debate in calling President Obama “the food stamp president”? Your disingenuous dishonesty revolving around Newts blatant attempts to provoke racist sentiments with language meant to have only one purpose is what is truly sad.
What is truly sad is Obama's jobs record and class warfare.
.
Maybe if Obama decided to cater to all of America instead of his left wing buddies from San Francisco, he wouldn't be known as the food stamp president.
.
Blacks wanted a black president, now they got one. It is time blacks take ownership of his failed policies. It's not racism, it's reality water carrier.
America is Not the Same

Miami Beach, FL

#14 Jan 17, 2012
Newt got a STANDING OVATION on his position about food stamps, work and unemployment in his answer to Juan Williams.

The FIRST standing ovation any candidate got in the 15 debates that were healed.

Gingrich was the only one who had answers and he brought down the house and clearly the only one who can challenge Obama.
Romney was unsure of himself on all issues especially about releasing his tax returns, Bain and Pac ads.

Paul was Boo several times especially when he state that we should of NOT killed Ben Laden and his Golden rule statement. Paul is finished.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Jan 17, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
What is truly sad is Obama's jobs record and class warfare.
.
Maybe if Obama decided to cater to all of America instead of his left wing buddies from San Francisco, he wouldn't be known as the food stamp president.
.
Blacks wanted a black president, now they got one. It is time blacks take ownership of his failed policies. It's not racism, it's reality water carrier.
The class warfare being played by The Central State of the Reichwing, money over people, has them known as the country club crowd for a good reason. Failed results and giveaways to the wealthy via the bush tax cuts have created no jobs. Wealthy, old, inherented money, sit upon by people who couldn't be in business if they tried, doesn't create jobs. Tax it. The others, haven't created any jobs. Tax them. It's time for the Central State of the Reichwing to take ownership of their protectionist policies of the affluent which have damaged this great nation. There's your reality.
America is Not the Same

Miami Beach, FL

#16 Jan 17, 2012
Fact are Fact
There are more people on Food Stamps under Obama adminstration then any president in history.
Put people back to work and get then off food stamps
WiseAmerican

United States

#17 Jan 17, 2012
How little knowledge average young caucasian Americans have about this country. You know nothing of the Great Depression, where Whites stoood in lines for a cup of watered down potato soup! Who ran the Banks and Financial inst. Then?
WiseAmerican

United States

#18 Jan 17, 2012
This entire World is in rebellion and economic tormoil. Middle class is being crushed, and it started over 30yrs ago with Reagans policies. Trickle down economic!
WiseAmerican

United States

#19 Jan 17, 2012
Whites are being layed off jobs in Corporate America by the thousands, not by Blacks, or Obama, but majority WHITE SHAREHOLDERS, like Newt,Romney,Santorum,Paul,ect. , who have STOCKS in the PRIVATE SECTOR COMPANIES. They've figured out how to make more $Money with less employees, by OUT SOURCE the jobs to CHINA, INDIA, SOUTHAMERICA.
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

#20 Jan 17, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The blatantly racist dog whistles that Newt proudly blew in that crowd of nasty bigoted racist who erupted into enthusiastically approving applause just shows how evil and disgusting the base of the republican Party is. But what was even more telling was Mitt Romney’s wooden pose as he stood there and just smiled without speaking out… here is a Mormon that is constantly subjected to a different kind of bigotry (religious) who didn’t have the courage to call Newt on what he knew was racist rhetoric.
As much as I believe that Juan Williams is a token for fox news, he was the only one in that building with real courage to confront a racist while being surrounded by nasty blood spitting racist. I have a new found respect for Mr. Williams.
Indeed MCP, although the largest group (#) on foodstamps are single white mothers,many are drug addicts,some disabled etc. Apalacha and the lower midwest,Mississippi,Alabama,Ge orgia,rural Texas are full of these type of people that need help

Mittens was staggering last night and didn't seem prepared, he began 'flip flopping' on his tax return issue-that was hilarious!

After some in the crowd-booed Ron Paul for his opinion on how america needs more cultural respect..I thought that was sickening
1 post removed

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#22 Jan 17, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
What is truly sad is Obama's jobs record and class warfare.
.
Maybe if Obama decided to cater to all of America instead of his left wing buddies from San Francisco, he wouldn't be known as the food stamp president.
.
Blacks wanted a black president, now they got one. It is time blacks take ownership of his failed policies. It's not racism, it's reality water carrier.
Zack is on the sauce I see!

hahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 151
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,618,186
News Trump again blasts NFL over players kneeling du... 4 min John McQuan 27
News More 10 min John McQuan 2
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 16 min Chilli J 499
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min John-K 318,268
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 22 min Retribution 251
News Bannon on GOP insurgency: 'Nobody can run and h... 26 min Red Crosse 76
News Trump pledges fealty to religious values, a oeM... 30 min Red Crosse 145
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 32 min RiccardoFire 12,901
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 37 min Cheney Bush Disaster 36,498
News Pence leaves NFL game after players kneel durin... 1 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 690
More from around the web