Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

Oct 9, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.wisconsingazette.com

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Comments
4,461 - 4,480 of 5,438 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. You've failed some time ago to substantiate your opinion.
You've failed all the while to offer a legitimate state interest served by denying equal protection for same sex couples to marry.
Pete and repeat sat on a fence...
are we done yet?
1 post removed

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the idiot making the ridiculous claim that all of these institutions disagree with me. Show me. You NEVER backed that up.
Until you can back it up, it's only your uneducated opinion.
You have no common sense.
The American Psychology Association, the American Psychiatry Association and the World Health Organization to name a few. I could go on, but you have yet to show that your opinion on homosexuality is anything but that; your opinion.
Oh and below I will post links to the Wikipedia page which was easy enough to find (it lists it's sources so you can't claim it is not a credible source) and to a study concerning how discrimination ups the chances of suicides and the such, for I know that's the next thing you'll pick on.

See, you've gone through this many times, they are all simply your opinions, highly uneducated ones at that. Read through the Wikipedia page, read WHY it was removed from the DSM and is not considered a mental disorder. Maybe you'll learn something.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_...

http://ilga.org/ilga/en/article/546

Now, I've proven your opinion wrong, for you never substantiated your claim that homosexuality was a disorder. Next time though, I won't even care to disprove you for you disprove yourself through the inability to present substance for your claims.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have to show you yet another definition? Looks like it.
Ignorant: Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
You didn't know it was "nip in the bud" therefore you were ignorant of that fact. Your admitting you were wrong doesn't change a thing.
Sorry again, I confused ignorant with ignoramus.
I WAS ignorant, but I am no longer (on this subject). You ARE ignorant of the facts forever and you are an ignoramus, one who is willfully ignoring the facts.
1 post removed

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
The wrong part was for you to FAIL to even google it before attempting to CORRECT another poster...
so its not that it was dumb to say, but that you were too lazy to avoid spewing it...
I see an analogy here...
And when have you, pray tell, ever admitted to being wrong, even after clearly proven so?
I see you are quite the ignoramus.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete and repeat sat on a fence...
are we done yet?
See, he asked you a direct question, to provide a state interest. You refuse to answer that question. Therefore, it is safe to assume that there is no state interest in denying same sex couples the right to marry.

Besides, it's just a matter of time. Almost the same arguments were used against black people and women gaining rights. Canada has had marriage equality for 8 years now, nothing bad has happened.
In the past, Canada has always been ahead in human rights. When Canada gave equality, the US was sure to follow, though it was very slow in doing so.

The main issue in the US is the fact that there is a huge amount of uneducated people and uneducated people are proven to be ignoramuses.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The American Psychology Association, the American Psychiatry Association and the
2. World Health Organization to name a few.
3. Oh and below I will post links to the Wikipedia page which was easy enough to find (it lists it's sources so you can't claim it is not a credible source) and to a study concerning how discrimination ups the chances of suicides and the such, for I know that's the next thing you'll pick on.
See, you've gone through this many times, they are all simply your opinions, highly uneducated ones at that. Read through the Wikipedia page, read WHY it was removed from the DSM and is not considered a mental disorder. Maybe you'll learn something.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_...
4. http://ilga.org/ilga/en/article/546
5. Now, I've proven your opinion wrong
1. Not credible.
2. Show me.
3. That link attempts to explain your disorder.
Mental health issues: Psychiatric disorders - Physical appearance and eating disorders - Gender atypical behavior - Ego-dystonic sexual orientation - Sexual relationship disorder.
If you were on my side of this argument and presented help to the opposition, as you do here, I'd ask you to leave.
4. Not credible.
5. Not even close.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry again, I confused ignorant with ignoramus.
No need to apologize, I know you're confused.
Both of those words apply to you.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Not credible.
2. Show me.
3. That link attempts to explain your disorder.
Mental health issues: Psychiatric disorders - Physical appearance and eating disorders - Gender atypical behavior - Ego-dystonic sexual orientation - Sexual relationship disorder.
If you were on my side of this argument and presented help to the opposition, as you do here, I'd ask you to leave.
4. Not credible.
5. Not even close.
Ahh, of course, anything you don't agree with is not credible. The WHO, APA, and other APA are some of the, if not THE, largest organizations on health, mental and physical. Just because poor little Wonderbread doesn't agree with thousands of doctors doesn't mean poor little Wonderbread is right and they're wrong.

Where are the major medical organizations backing your uneducated opinion up? Oh, what's that? You don't have any major medical organizations backing you up? Oh, too bad...

Everybody give it up for Wonderbread, the worst troll!

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize, I know you're confused.
Both of those words apply to you.
I'm not the one ignoring the facts that are right in front of my face.
:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Any man who gets pregnant can abort, just like women.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
right, so reproductive abilities are the basis for unequal rights, RIGHT?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, it's "nip it in the butt."
Sorry, Lacez, you know I usually agree with you, but Jane got it right this time. Nip it in the bud -- don't let it "bloom."
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, of course, anything you don't agree with is not credible.
I use the same tactic your side does. BTW, Justice Dumbass is the biggest troll in these threads, hands down.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lacez wrote:
Where are the major medical organizations backing your uneducated opinion up?
They don't come out and say that being gay is or isn't a disorder. They want to remain neutral. The AMA asks doctors to be nonjudgemental and to try and understand gay people so that they can better treat their problems. Nowhere in their official statement on homosexuals does it say that homosexualty is normal.
The official statements of the others are about the same.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing of substance to respond to...
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
See, he asked you a direct question, to provide a state interest. You refuse to answer that question..
did you see where he admitted I answered him several times before, he just disagreed with them?

try to keep up...
but congrats, this was partially not ad hominem...
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
Any man who gets pregnant can abort, just like women.
<quoted text>
and any couple that can procreate can marry...
like straights!
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Lacez, you know I usually agree with you, but Jane got it right this time. Nip it in the bud -- don't let it "bloom."
now, there is a man (or woman) with integrity!

I am honestly very shocked at how people will insist on an error and never look it up...I mean with the internet, there is really no excuse...
reality

Germantown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't come out and say that being gay is or isn't a disorder. They want to remain neutral. The AMA asks doctors to be nonjudgemental and to try and understand gay people so that they can better treat their problems. Nowhere in their official statement on homosexuals does it say that homosexualty is normal.
The official statements of the others are about the same.
Homosexuality is a defect of the genes. The sooner we're able to sort homosexuals prior to birth, the better for all of humanity's future.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Funny--most homophobes deny there is a gay gene. Are you actually suggesting forced DNA testing, forced abortions, and genocide?
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a defect of the genes. The sooner we're able to sort homosexuals prior to birth, the better for all of humanity's future.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lacez wrote:
The main issue in the US is the fact that there is a huge amount of uneducated people and uneducated people are proven to be ignoramuses.
That could be true. We have many illegals that never saw the inside of a school. They need jobs. I support moving all US based manufacturing jobs from Canada back to the US. We should start with the automakers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••