House candidate: I'd 'rather see' ter...

House candidate: I'd 'rather see' terror attack than TSA screening

There are 44 comments on the Politico story from May 6, 2014, titled House candidate: I'd 'rather see' terror attack than TSA screening. In it, Politico reports that:

A candidate for Congress in Georgia said earlier this year that he'd rather see another terrorist attack on the United States than have Transportation Security Agency screenings at airports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Furlong, PA

#1 May 6, 2014
No surprise that this nutcas a repig. Like the rest of the traveling public I hate tsa screenings but if it prevents another 9/11 its worth it. The gop really IS the party of stupid!
Your Ex

United States

#2 May 6, 2014
As someone who enjoys firearms, I've 'failed' the TSA hand-swab test on more than one occasion. Other than finding it to be a great express route around the 20min security line for a quick & professional pat-down, it does seem to me to be a necessary evil of out time. I'd rather they did it than didn't.
sandy1

New City, NY

#3 May 6, 2014
This guy is a moron for making such a stupid comment. As flight crew,my husband and I deal with the TSA almost on a daily basis and while we are not their biggest fans I would rather deal with them than a terrorist.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#4 May 6, 2014
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
No surprise that this nutcas a repig. Like the rest of the traveling public I hate tsa screenings but if it prevents another 9/11 its worth it. The gop really IS the party of stupid!
That "Repig" phase is pretty catchy... You won't mind if ! borrow the phase? Its so fitting of the subject.
uh no

Lumberton, NC

#5 May 6, 2014
No surprise that this nutcas a repig. Like the rest of the traveling public I hate tsa screenings but if it prevents another 9/11 its worth it.
how many terror attacks has the TSA prevented? speaking of 9/11 those guys got on board with objects that were legal to carry. i whould be more willing to bet they have more success getting on and off a plane now then they did before the TSA was formed.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#6 May 6, 2014
Leave it to lie-berals to jump on a biased headline rather than READ the entire story and try(beyond their collective ken)to discern what he was attempting to explain about his misgivings concerning the disfunctional TSA.

Way to go you closeminded herd mentality driven cretins...... Where do you find an intellectually open minded lie-beral? Don't waste your time looking.... That critter don't exist.
With Extreme Prejudice

Bohemia, NY

#7 May 6, 2014
In order to insure our domestic tranquility I'd rather see the infiltration of expected terrorist cells and the world-wide elimination of its members, by any means necessary. Carried out by an organized and well paid secret elite squad of highly trained military and paramilitary assassins. Good Hollywood stuff too.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#8 May 6, 2014
okimar wrote:
Leave it to lie-berals to jump on a biased headline rather than READ the entire story
Dear, his exact words are as follows:

“Now this is going to sound outrageous, I’d rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen,” he said,

He criticized the TSA for “indoctrinating generations of Americans to walk through a line and be prodded and probed by uniform personnel, agents of the government, like sheep.”

And an apology:“In the heat of the moment, while making the point that I would much rather fight the enemy than our federal government, I said something stupid and should have chosen my words more carefully,” he said.

Seems pretty clear to us what he stupidly meant - after reading the "chosen words" in the article!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#9 May 6, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
“Now this is going to sound outrageous, I’d rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen,” he said,
He criticized the TSA for “indoctrinating generations of Americans to walk through a line and be prodded and probed by uniform personnel, agents of the government, like sheep.”
And an apology:“In the heat of the moment, while making the point that I would much rather fight the enemy than our federal government, I said something stupid and should have chosen my words more carefully,” he said.
Seems pretty clear to us what he stupidly meant - after reading the "chosen words" in the article!
Interesting how libs can read the subtle nuances of innocence in WH BS and defend the chicanery and corruption but are ubable to do the same when a conservative makes a poorly chosen remark.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 May 7, 2014
I guess coming from a loon like you and Politico which is an Obama propaganda outlet, this would seem the normal response and claim that does not explain the entire narrative. Keep struggling pookie. It's worth grins and giggles.

Paris

#11 May 7, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmmmmmm did you say the same when Patrick Henry said GIVE ME LIBERITY OR GIVE ME DEATH. As a liberal, I doubt you know who he is.

Paris

#12 May 7, 2014
uh no wrote:
<quoted text> how many terror attacks has the TSA prevented? speaking of 9/11 those guys got on board with objects that were legal to carry. i whould be more willing to bet they have more success getting on and off a plane now then they did before the TSA was formed.
The TSA is filled with over weight low information voters and people that only know about taking a water bottles out of your luggage and watching your naked image on the screens.

Paris

#13 May 7, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
That "Repig" phase is pretty catchy... You won't mind if ! borrow the phase? Its so fitting of the subject.
You might as well, it would give you one post at least that make some sense.
sandy1

New City, NY

#14 May 7, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The TSA is filled with over weight low information voters and people that only know about taking a water bottles out of your luggage and watching your naked image on the screens.
Agree. Those of us in the airline industry despise them,and we would rather have ex military handle the security. We would all be a lot safer.

Paris

#15 May 7, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Those of us in the airline industry despise them,and we would rather have ex military handle the security. We would all be a lot safer.
This is just another bureaucracy filled with low information union voters. More liberal donations.
sandy1

New City, NY

#16 May 7, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>This is just another bureaucracy filled with low information union voters. More liberal donations.
100% correct. They would rather have these inept people,instead of those who are actually trained at detecting a real security risk.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#17 May 7, 2014
We spend a trillion dollars a year on our security. If you look at a map of the world or a globe you will notice we are on the opposite side of the world from most of the problems. Figure out why we pay a trillion dollars a year on security. Massive oceans and frozen regions between us and the other continents. And yet we have been sold that our destruction is always close. Imagine most of those resources coming home. Security is needed. It is just how to interpret how much to pay for it at the maximum value for what we get. Just the military/industrial complex wastes so much it is sickening. You are seeing the costs of aircraft carriers and the groups needed to keep them viable as insanity. The next generation fighter jets have been in planning stages for decades and we still can't get them right and the cost will be trillions. The black budget is what, about fifty billion dollars a year and we don't know what we are getting for it. But we know some. Pilot less drones. Can be cheap. Can carry weapons to our enemies. Of course, the massive government considers us the enemy also. This does not even begin to get into domestic overreach. And we are all part of that as having an opinion about what we were taught in schools about freedom has been thrown out with the bath water. We got Canada to the North and Mexico to the South and still can't defend our borders. Or to put it in real terms...won't defend our borders. And it does not have to be so drastic. Just shut the spigot off when the cup has to be refilled with milk and honey. But the real traitors have forced the cup to remain open in a frozen state during leaner times and that has helped to diminish us as a people while the costs of everything rises and the government is sending checks and help out to more and more people. This while the real intellect drops as the lowered national IQ levels are turning us into an idiotic backward nation. On the other side of the world we would be mincemeat. Its not the movements, it is the waste of resources and its allocations. We can be better.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#18 May 7, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>This is just another bureaucracy filled with low information union voters. More liberal donations.
Isnt TSA the old baggage checkers George Bush deputized? now they are due Govt benefits as part of the 1.5 million federal personal expansion?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#19 May 7, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting how libs can read the subtle nuances of innocence in WH BS and defend the chicanery and corruption but are ubable to do the same when a conservative makes a poorly chosen remark.
That was a quick turn around.

So you're convinced he didnt say, exactly what he said when navigating more closely what he said?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#20 May 7, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I guess coming from a loon like you and Politico which is an Obama propaganda outlet, this would seem the normal response and claim that does not explain the entire narrative. Keep struggling pookie. It's worth grins and giggles.
Digesting what the candidate said is that a struggle for you ?

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Did you get stuck on the big words?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min THE DEVIL 1,277,970
News Trump: Bush should speak English in the US 4 min OccupyThis 31
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques Ottawa 197,037
News Clerk in gay marriage case to appear in federal... 5 min Lawrence Wolf 21
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Taletha 341,431
News Judge Orders Defiant Kentucky Clerk To Jail 6 min liberal waiting o... 5
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 6 min Gremlin 7
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Aura Mytha 173,959
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min HILLARY 2016 194,116
News We have reached the George Wallace stage of the... 43 min Responsibility 46
More from around the web