Slain Terre Haute police officer to g...

Slain Terre Haute police officer to get statue

There are 66 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from May 8, 2013, titled Slain Terre Haute police officer to get statue. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

With all the rain we've had already this season, experts predict we'll probably see a lot more mosquitoes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

Papaw

Clinton, IN

#28 May 9, 2013
Boy Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonny was killed in the line of duty. A patron pulled out a gun when Sonny was off duty at a local bar where he was playing guitar. Sonny identified himself as a police officer and ordered the patron to drop the gun. The patron shot Sonny.
He may have identified himself but he was not on duty for the department. Was in fact working as a musician at the time of the shooting not as an officer. If you want to split hairs.
The point is other officers have been honored and remembered. Keeping in mind that past departments may not have had the funds or approval to do much they still honored the deceased. Currently we have a department and political heads who will attend to these important matters.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#29 May 10, 2013
open an account withme and get anyamount you want transferred to you within one week. Just inbox me or send me an Email [email protected]
Northsider

AOL

#30 May 10, 2013
Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
He may have identified himself but he was not on duty for the department. Was in fact working as a musician at the time of the shooting not as an officer. If you want to split hairs.
The point is other officers have been honored and remembered. Keeping in mind that past departments may not have had the funds or approval to do much they still honored the deceased. Currently we have a department and political heads who will attend to these important matters.
The night of Friday June 15th, 1984 seems like it was yesterday. Detective Rogers was killed in the line of duty, and anyone who disputes this is shameful. Is Mowbray still on the Honor Guard? Will he get lots of overtime and per diem to boot traveling to DC?
1 post removed
Bacardi151

Terre Haute, IN

#32 May 10, 2013
Remember those bracelets that everyone bought after he was killed? That was set up by an individual and every penny of profit went to the statue. Everything left over then went to the family. No public money. You guys are all jealous that your low life welfare asses wont even make it into the obituaries to get a second look. Do something with your life.
fyea

Terre Haute, IN

#33 May 10, 2013
Bacardi151 wrote:
Remember those bracelets that everyone bought after he was killed? That was set up by an individual and every penny of profit went to the statue. Everything left over then went to the family. No public money. You guys are all jealous that your low life welfare asses wont even make it into the obituaries to get a second look. Do something with your life.
That could have not been said any better.
1 post removed
Satanic Priest

AOL

#35 May 10, 2013
Bacardi151 wrote:
It has nothing to do with the money from my perspective. I have done something terrific and brave with my life. Thank you. It is the idolization of his persona that is troubling and in left field. Hooray for the bracelet profit and no public money. Exit stage left for the statue.
Boy Blue

Bensenville, IL

#36 May 10, 2013
I hope John Plasse earns a statue of his own someday!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#37 May 10, 2013
I would like to commend Bill Wolfe on his uncanny ability to create art in the likeness of his subjects. He is truely one of the best artists of this area.
The statue of Brent Long is a tribute to his service as well as it is a symbol of respect for all the the officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. Without our men in uniform, whether its here in TH or any city; our day to day safety would be in jeopardy.
Peace to all of you.
Yup

Manassas, VA

#38 May 10, 2013
Buford T Puss wrote:
<quoted text>
The police now days are pretty much a worthless communist bunch. I like the comments about dirty cops. Quit trying to make Heros out of every dirty cop.
Yes around Vigo, they pretty much almost all hate America and the American way of life as they have proven many times through their jack thug actions. I heard that there are good cops out there somewhere but I have also heard rumors of bigfoot too!
I am sad that this man was killed even if he was a bad cop but this is very disrespectful to his memory to continue on. Taxidermy may be a good choice if the police really want to keep this officer around for further political maneuverings and whatnot.
Goofy like you

Los Angeles, CA

#39 May 11, 2013
Are all 8 people in town that bought those bracelets going to start a police cult and hold mass too?
2 posts removed
Satanic Priest

AOL

#42 May 11, 2013
StrikeTheRoot wrote:
Flee from idolatry! Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them!
Beat you to it. I exposed this before you did, and I am your work of darkness. Quick, drop to your knees and pray to your God in the TV. I am sure that will make you feel better

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#43 May 12, 2013
If the money was all privately raised then who cares who or what somebody wants to make a statue of? It will look better than the squiggly crap around the football stadium and it isn't costing me anything.
Proof

Anonymous Proxy

#44 May 12, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
Without our men in uniform, whether its here in TH or any city; our day to day safety would be in jeopardy.
where is the proof for this insane assertion?
1 post removed
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#46 May 12, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
I would like to commend Bill Wolfe on his uncanny ability to create art in the likeness of his subjects. He is truely one of the best artists of this area.
The statue of Brent Long is a tribute to his service as well as it is a symbol of respect for all the the officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. Without our men in uniform, whether its here in TH or any city; our day to day safety would be in jeopardy.
Peace to all of you.
Nicely said!
Hope all the little freshmen with a crush on their professor will eat their words someday.
Satanic Priest

AOL

#47 May 12, 2013
The nickname of Terre Haute for many years has been "Sin City". With this in mind, why not erect a statue of the 7 elite attributes. Greed, etc. Now that would truly be more befitting to represent Terre Haute. Just sayin.....

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#48 May 12, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The nickname of Terre Haute for many years has been "Sin City". With this in mind, why not erect a statue of the 7 elite attributes. Greed, etc. Now that would truly be more befitting to represent Terre Haute. Just sayin.....
I would donate to that. They could put a statue to each vice in a different part of the city. It could be a tourist attraction.
But then again

United States

#49 May 12, 2013
Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said!
Hope all the little freshmen with a crush on their professor will eat their words someday.
Nicely said! I hope all of those people with police/nazi fetishes eat their words someday too.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#50 May 12, 2013
But then again wrote:
<quoted text>Nicely said! I hope all of those people with police/nazi fetishes eat their words someday too.
Your femininity is amazing. Big boys man up when they get arrested and realize they screwed up. Thank your mom for putting a tutu on you.
Mercy666

Terre Haute, IN

#51 May 12, 2013
Knows and Knows Not (variations)
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Attributions: Persian apothegm, Sanskrit Saying

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him.

He who knows not, and knows that he knows not is simple. Teach him.

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep. Wake him.

He who knows, and knows that he knows is wise. Follow him.

Sir Richard Burton, Anonymous Arabic Proverb,

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool...shun him.

He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is willing...teach him.

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep...awaken him.

He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise...follow him.

Chinese Probverb

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool - shun him.

He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child - teach him.

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep - wake him.

He who knows, and knows that he knows, is a wise man - follow him.

Attributions:, Persian Proverb Confucius
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool ... shun him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not, is ignorant ... teach him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows, is asleep ... wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, is a wise man ... follow him.

http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/quotes/knowsnot.h...
1 post removed

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#53 May 12, 2013
Proof wrote:
<quoted text>
where is the proof for this insane assertion?
I doubt if you ever listen to the police scanner,read a newspaper, listen to the news on the radio station, or even bother to turn on the TV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min cathy1691823 1,395,307
News Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit ... 1 min Le Jimbo 45
News GOP seizes on video to hit Hillary Clinton on t... 3 min BHM5267 2
News For Obama, setbacks from a divided Supreme Court 3 min Le Jimbo 5
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 4 min abc 209
News Clinton campaign hits Trump for seeing Brexit a... 5 min Le Jimbo 49
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 216,780
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 9 min Just Think 3,454
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min Taletha 16 388,109
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 1 hr Sheriff Joe 529 1,135
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 1 hr Democrat Hero 280
More from around the web