Syria Military Action Faces Vote On W...

Syria Military Action Faces Vote On Wednesday

There are 48 comments on the National Public Radio story from Sep 8, 2013, titled Syria Military Action Faces Vote On Wednesday. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

President Obama will argue his case to the nation Tuesday evening that the U.S. should make a retaliatory strike in Syria, and the Senate is set to vote on his resolution Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
American Israeli Cabal

Aledo, IL

#1 Sep 8, 2013
Congress...... The Theater of The Absurd. AIPAC has already given them their voting orders. Get ready to send your Sons and Daughters to war for Israel.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#2 Sep 8, 2013
American Israeli Cabal wrote:
Congress...... The Theater of The Absurd. AIPAC has already given them their voting orders. Get ready to send your Sons and Daughters to war for Israel.
not for Israel, dimwit...for the Saudis, THEY'RE bankrolling this deal

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2013
All because Obama is mentally ill and has a BIG MOUTH.
If he was so sure he would have gone it alone instead of hiding behind Congress like the big COWARD that he is..
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Richmond, IN

#4 Sep 8, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
All because Obama is mentally ill and has a BIG MOUTH.
If he was so sure he would have gone it alone instead of hiding behind Congress like the big COWARD that he is..
Speaking of cowards, how's your draft dodging buddy mittwit?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#5 Sep 8, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of cowards, how's your draft dodging buddy mittwit?
Doing the same as your draft dodging buddy (liar) Clinton - I did not have sex with that woman.
2 posts removed

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#8 Sep 8, 2013
About twice as many Americans are against taking military action than are for it.
That won't stop Obama, though. He rammed Obamacare down the throats of Americans even though there has never been a time when the majority of Americans wanted it.

He's already decided on bombing Syria and said so. And for what? To maintain credibility after lying about his drawing a red line? To save children by bombing them? Are there no alternatives? What ever happened to Obama's pledge to use diplomacy rather than the military to solve world problems?

Congress needs to represent the American people, not the insanely arrogant President.
carey 529

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
About twice as many Americans are against taking military action than are for it.
That won't stop Obama, though. He rammed Obamacare down the throats of Americans even though there has never been a time when the majority of Americans wanted it.
He's already decided on bombing Syria and said so. And for what? To maintain credibility after lying about his drawing a red line? To save children by bombing them? Are there no alternatives? What ever happened to Obama's pledge to use diplomacy rather than the military to solve world problems?
Congress needs to represent the American people, not the insanely arrogant President.
about twice as many people were against obamacare than for it, too...
Fire the GOP

South San Francisco, CA

#10 Sep 8, 2013
War is not a decision one man should make alone. Thank you President Obama for going to Congress and getting their approval. THAT takes great courage.
1 post removed
Huh

Faribault, MN

#12 Sep 8, 2013
Whoever votes for military action will face being voted out next election they are up.....PARTY WONT MATTER.............
Adale

Paterson, NJ

#13 Sep 8, 2013
Huh wrote:
Whoever votes for military action will face being voted out next election they are up.....PARTY WONT MATTER..........
Wanna bet
Huh

Faribault, MN

#14 Sep 8, 2013
Adale wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna bet
bet on what
gorman

San Jose, CA

#15 Sep 8, 2013
Of course it won't be from the heart but rather from the teleprompter. He has no opinions or original thought. He doesn't have the intelligence to speak well extemporaneously. He opened his monkey mouth with the red line comment and now he is being called on it.

He is just a little monkey capable of excellent mimic. His handlers program into the teleprompter the words that the little monkey is supposed to repeat and dutifully does the little monkey do so.

Shallow, hollow and a fraud. But half negro and therefore a darling of the Left.
gorman

San Jose, CA

#16 Sep 8, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
War is not a decision one man should make alone. Thank you President Obama for going to Congress and getting their approval. THAT takes great courage.
And I bet you said the same thing when Bush twice went to Congress and won approval for military intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I have to give the Left credit for consistency - the consistency of hypocrisy. As Lenin called you: "Useful idiots." I'm sure that Obama regards you similarly. He has no respect for you and so he increases federal control over your meaningless lives baby step by baby step. All the while you chant and sing "Yes we can!"

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#17 Sep 8, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
bet on what
The poster-child for legalized marijuana!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Sep 8, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
About twice as many Americans are against taking military action than are for it.
That won't stop Obama, though. He rammed Obamacare down the throats of Americans even though there has never been a time when the majority of Americans wanted it.
He's already decided on bombing Syria and said so. And for what? To maintain credibility after lying about his drawing a red line? To save children by bombing them? Are there no alternatives? What ever happened to Obama's pledge to use diplomacy rather than the military to solve world problems?
Congress needs to represent the American people, not the insanely arrogant President.
American people should'nt have a say in matters of National Security....this isn't American Idol.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Sep 8, 2013
Huh wrote:
Whoever votes for military action will face being voted out next election they are up.....PARTY WONT MATTER..........
Good....then we can also cut military spending to the bone....no sense in the Bullsh*t Global Military Presence, if we are only concerned with ourselves....Also, let's close those costly foreign bases, and just look inward.....
Huh

Faribault, MN

#20 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Good....then we can also cut military spending to the bone....no sense in the Bullsh*t Global Military Presence, if we are only concerned with ourselves....Also, let's close those costly foreign bases, and just look inward.....
For 250 billion a year we could have a military so strong here on our soil for defense that not half worlds best militaries could hurt us. The other 750 billion is wasted defending other nations. Many who hate us.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#21 Sep 8, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of cowards, how's your draft dodging buddy mittwit?
Benghazi Whistleblower: I've Been 'Punished' for Speaking Out...

Chris Wallace to WH Chief of Staff: Where Are the Arrests?

All four that were put on leave have been reinstated.......pay offs for silence.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#22 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Good....then we can also cut military spending to the bone....no sense in the Bullsh*t Global Military Presence, if we are only concerned with ourselves....Also, let's close those costly foreign bases, and just look inward.....
You would never make it even in the boy scouts.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#23 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>American people should'nt have a say in matters of National Security....this isn't American Idol.....
Read the first five pages of the constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JCPete 1,549,676
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Drumpf Disaster 7,904
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Julia 274,960
News Stop calling almond, soy and rice milks 'milk,'... (Dec '16) 4 min AmPieJam UncleSam 15
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 9 min Sheriff Joe 529 1,277
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 10 min Born in the USA 81
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 13 min okimar 28
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 35 min CodeTalker 176
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 51 min bad bob 689
More from around the web