First Take: Obama takes historic shot with Iran deal

Nov 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

With the historic announcement Saturday on the Iran nuclear deal, President Obama scored one of the most unlikely - and potentially most meaningful - foreign policy victories of his time in office.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of154
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chicago

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

The Iran deal will just let Iran buy time to develop its systems and make a fool of obama.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

I wish he would be this quick to accept responsibility for things like the Obamacare disaster, the deaths in Benghazi, the rise in the national debt, etc, etc, etc......
Insipid Sophistry -

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

I hate to say this, but Americans are STUPID when it comes to the devious Muslim mind! Especially, this administration. This administration has never treated Israel as an ally as previous administrations have; the only true ally we have in the middle east! IMO, our closet Muslim president has always had the intention to render Israel moot and isolated in a sea of jihadest that surrounds them....and to our chagrin.

Our state department that's stuck in 'P' don't understand that there is nothing to talk about with the Taliban! How can any "Infidel" Western diplomat believe anything they say about "peace," since their definition of the word is likely much different than ours? The Koran teaches that it's permitted to LIE to Infidels in order to achieve Islamic goals. It's called "Al-Taqiyya," meaning: DECEPTION. This is of fundamental importance in Islam as illustrated by Raymond Ibrahim for the Middle East Forum; "Practically every Islamic sect agrees to it and practices it. We can go so far as to say that the practice of Tasqiyya is mainstream in Islam, and that those few sects not practicing it diverge from the mainstream....Taqiyya is very prevalent Islamic politics, especially in the modern era."

Every peaceful overture that has been initiated by the West to the Muslim world has gone no where, except for Egypt under president Anwar Sadat, when he came to a peaceful accord with Israel.....Wise-Up!
Jim Shortz

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

1

another treacherous blunder courtesy of barry, valerie (moe haircut) jarret's poodle
see the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Obama has been suckered once again. Proven he's an idiot!
1 post removed
see the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

An they really think Iran can be trusted? LOL

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

the headline SHOULD read...
"peace in our time"
and when Netanyahu is proven correct, the media will immediately throw Kerry under the bus while maintaining Obama wasn't made aware...

we've seen this movie before.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

carey529 wrote:
the headline SHOULD read...
"peace in our time"
and when Netanyahu is proven correct, the media will immediately throw Kerry under the bus while maintaining Obama wasn't made aware...
we've seen this movie before.
Yup.
Dr Obamakare

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carey529 wrote:
the headline SHOULD read...
"peace in our time"
and when Netanyahu is proven correct, the media will immediately throw Kerry under the bus while maintaining Obama wasn't made aware...
we've seen this movie before.
Obamacare or Obamacarey528! i lik Obamakerry better!! ;-0h, dis song Carrie 4U!;-00
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

No wonder Obama 'won' the Nobel Peace Prize. Who would have thought all we had to do was give Iran $7Billion and they would think about being our friend. Amazing.
Dr Obamakare

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CCC the Blight wrote:
Obama has been suckered once again. Proven he's an idiot!
it's Obamakare not Dr Kerry!!;-000
Dr Obamakare

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Congrat Kerry!!;-00000
Yoko and John

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RustyS wrote:
No wonder Obama 'won' the Nobel Peace Prize. Who would have thought all we had to do was give Iran $7Billion and they would think about being our friend. Amazing.
RustyS;) don' feel bad! do you need to go back to school to take your spellling TEST again?!!;-00h, just kidding:) U not the onlee ONE, it"s B4Y2K!;-000000000h, John Elton suck+cruel+fiveFOX!!;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
hop U lik the lyrics

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

And the anti-Obama's are out in full strength!

Gee, what a surprise.
lolol

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

iran, north koreas best customer for nuclear and missile technologu uses the same lyin, false promises approach their patron country north korea has used for decades to get sanctions lifted and get free stuff (aid). and as with north korea for decades, our gubbmint buys it hook line and sinker. belies truth in the saying that some fools just enjoy being fooled and made to look like the idiots they are.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is not well thought out. Any strategy absent diplomacy in dealing with Iran leaves America and her Allies the only options of beginning the process of shifting the military apparatus in Afghanistan across the border into Iran for a full scale military invasion.

An invasion of this magnitude leaves the sanctions put in place by President Obama that brought Iran to it's knees to begin this process would have been a total waste of time.

How many Americans outside 3 Senators have an appetite for another invasion of a middle eastern country especially under sequester?

These are similar to the decisions Republicans made during the Bush Regime, where their mantra of "Deficits Don't Matter" prevailed, which left a $7 Trillion hole in the American National Debt.
Insipid Sophistry - wrote:
I hate to say this, but Americans are STUPID when it comes to the devious Muslim mind! Especially, this administration. This administration has never treated Israel as an ally as previous administrations have; the only true ally we have in the middle east! IMO, our closet Muslim president has always had the intention to render Israel moot and isolated in a sea of jihadest that surrounds them....and to our chagrin.
Our state department that's stuck in 'P' don't understand that there is nothing to talk about with the Taliban! How can any "Infidel" Western diplomat believe anything they say about "peace," since their definition of the word is likely much different than ours? The Koran teaches that it's permitted to LIE to Infidels in order to achieve Islamic goals. It's called "Al-Taqiyya," meaning: DECEPTION. This is of fundamental importance in Islam as illustrated by Raymond Ibrahim for the Middle East Forum; "Practically every Islamic sect agrees to it and practices it. We can go so far as to say that the practice of Tasqiyya is mainstream in Islam, and that those few sects not practicing it diverge from the mainstream....Taqiyya is very prevalent Islamic politics, especially in the modern era."
Every peaceful overture that has been initiated by the West to the Muslim world has gone no where, except for Egypt under president Anwar Sadat, when he came to a peaceful accord with Israel.....Wise-Up!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

carey529 wrote:
the headline SHOULD read...
"peace in our time"
and when Netanyahu is proven correct, the media will immediately throw Kerry under the bus while maintaining Obama wasn't made aware...
we've seen this movie before.
George Bush showed the world only fools rush in to Middle Eastern Countries half baked.

If Israel feels so strongly about their position being a sovereign nation they are free and should take preemptive Actions to protect their interest, independent of what America and her Allies believe.

My question is what's holding Israel back?

I would show their resolve if for once their tough talk didn't include America somewhere in their statemens.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

America's been engaged in the Middle East longer than it took to bring Germany to it's knees, how many more decades would you like to dedicate our youth to wars in the Middle East? Chasing a nation less radical band of rag tag Islamist broke America, where is the funding coming from for another invasion and 10 year plus engagement in Iran?
lolol wrote:
iran, north koreas best customer for nuclear and missile technologu uses the same lyin, false promises approach their patron country north korea has used for decades to get sanctions lifted and get free stuff (aid). and as with north korea for decades, our gubbmint buys it hook line and sinker. belies truth in the saying that some fools just enjoy being fooled and made to look like the idiots they are.
1 post removed

“My opinion”

Since: Nov 13

Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

DemocRAT Nerf World wrote:
The words and pacts/deals of a (D)liar in chief mean very little. I am sure this deal carries as much meaning as
"I will run a transparent administration, no closed doors or secret back room deals."-(D)Obama 2008
"You can keep your current insurance if you like it"-(D)Obama 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Obama is not the only participant having said that all journey start with the fist step.......

“My opinion”

Since: Nov 13

Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

see the light wrote:
An they really think Iran can be trusted? LOL
As much as the US can be

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of154
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••