Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63981 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47655 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Have you noticed drop in daily Topix comments since the menacing ads/vids started?
Then the links break when posted, annoyingly sometimes.
Never had a problem with Copy/Paste link location in Firefox.

Adblock in Firefox removes the ads too.(Sorry Topix, they're intrusive.)
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#47656 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>some of us posters have been on vacation with family......burning fossil fuels.
I got mine in and climate change must have been on vacation as well. It was beautiful.
Progressive Cali Mom

Corona Del Mar, CA

#47657 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
While he may or may not be correct in his assumptions, how does that disprove that CO2 is driving the warming today? That is the question. There are many things that can affect the temperature of the Earth. What drivers of climate change back in that time period are working today? If you can answer that, then perhaps there is some merit to what junkscience tries to intimate.
It is also interesting to note that an entire civilization was totally decimated 4000 years ago due to climate change.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/climate-cha...
So weak. Pitiful.

Climate change was a key ingredient in the collapse of the ancient Harappan civilization almost 4,000 years ago, a new study suggests.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47658 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it's your claim, son. why should i disprove what you fail to prove.....when it's your yarn?!
Obviously, you are once again unable to support your rants. Nothing here but more trollishness.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47659 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what can you do to alter the climate now that civilization couldn't 4000 years ago. you insist that mitigation will do the trick. i don't buy it.
Until you can equate causes of the climate change of 4000 years ago with what is happening today, your argument is without merit. But of course you have never understood science and logic.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#47660 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can equate causes of the climate change of 4000 years ago with what is happening today, your argument is without merit.
Translation: I know there's nothing we can do to affect global warming, but demonizing capitalism accelerates the demise of the country I hate.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#47661 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can equate causes of the climate change of 4000 years ago with what is happening today, your argument is without merit. But of course you have never understood science and logic.
Until you explain what's "really" happening today.STFU GW nazi. There is absolutely nothing happening.You have notta,nothing,zero proof.Just your insane rantings and the insane rantings of kooks.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47662 Jun 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott spoke during his current visit to Canada of his desire to seek a conservative alliance among “like-minded” countries, with the goal of dismantling carbon schemes..........
Abbott is an Australian Tea bagger, the Australian's don't get to choose their leader, the party chooses them, the former leader who was a supporter of climate change but got rolled because of it but only lost by 1 vote in the party room. The Australian's DO NOT WANT Abbott to drop the carbon tax and it is still in place the bill has been knocked back 2 times already and he may have to call an election on it and in which case he will loose. At the moment this idiot is Australia's big embarrassment and obviously shares that with Canada's PM as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/austr...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/25/worst...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#47663 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Abbott is an Australian Tea bagger, the Australian's don't get to choose their leader, the party chooses them, the former leader who was a supporter of climate change but got rolled because of it but only lost by 1 vote in the party room. The Australian's DO NOT WANT Abbott to drop the carbon tax and it is still in place the bill has been knocked back 2 times already and he may have to call an election on it and in which case he will loose. At the moment this idiot is Australia's big embarrassment and obviously shares that with Canada's PM as well.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/austr...
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/25/worst...
Don't make yourself look more foolish than you already have. Contrary to what you feel, there are some very bright people out here that are much smarter than you and many of your scientists. They have a consensus of their own, based on the facts as they see them. Now you're a denier.
SpaceBlues

United States

#47664 Jun 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

Don't make yourself look more foolish than you already have. Contrary to what you feel, there are some very bright people out here that are much smarter than you and many of your scientists. They have a consensus of their own, based on the facts as they see them. Now you're a denier.
Your castle of lies is made of mud, LOL.

Oh look what swept away your delusional state.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47665 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you are once again unable to support your rants. Nothing here but more trollishness.
no rants, son, just stating the obvious. climate has always changed and always will. your crowd claims that man made co2 emissions are creating heat. i say what about the natural emissions....what about the other drivers....
your crowd goes into a hissy fit soon after.
that's why i know you promote a hoax.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47666 Jun 10, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>I got mine in and climate change must have been on vacation as well. It was beautiful.
Glad you had a great vacation!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47667 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
it happened before and it will happen again. my escalade is guilty of neither.
1 post removed

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#47669 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your castle of lies is made of mud, LOL.
Oh look what swept away your delusional state.
Is this an anagram or are you dyslexic?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47670 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is working with an economy that was a hospital pass from Bush. Anything he wants to change about that economy your side WILL NOT let him. So he is stuck with the status quo, a government run by powerful lobby groups and big business interests. So all the tweaking to the economy has to be done with the same rusty ole toolbox that was left to him. He needs a new tool box, the only way that will happen is a congress that is more innovative & progressive thinking. Not likely to happen from the GOP so expect more of the same and the divide will become even greater. Trickle down is a myth!
As noted above:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
But you think i have a distorted view of the world.

Yup... of the world, of history and especially "settled" science.

And proven again... by you!

LOL
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47671 Jun 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not wattsupwiththat.
Ahh... once again warminsts change the rules.

Do run along.... your hypocrisy is showing.

LOL
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47672 Jun 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This is not a critique/analysis of "research".
It's pointing out an error in a blog.
A blog which misrepresents climate research.
Do you have anything to say regarding Roy Spencer's choice of period and start and end dates for the baseline of his analysis yet?
Once again little troll, you're dodging.

Blog posts are OK or not?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47673 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Have you noticed drop in daily Topix comments since the menacing ads/vids started?
Then the links break when posted, annoyingly sometimes.
Nope... but I've noticed your continued hypocrisy in continually posting to Topix adding more and more CO2 to the atmosphere that is already at CRISIS levels.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47674 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>no rants, son, just stating the obvious. climate has always changed and always will. your crowd claims that man made co2 emissions are creating heat. i say what about the natural emissions....what about the other drivers....
your crowd goes into a hissy fit soon after.
that's why i know you promote a hoax.
No you are making this statement because it's what you want to believe. Science has shown that man is accelerating this heat way beyond the normal natural cycles and as a consequence of that we can expect extreme weather on far more frequent basis than any time in man's history.

Now this is what you refuse to believe or accept no matter how many people are saying it.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#47675 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so MY money earn't after the country provides roads & infrastructure plus some of the best education facilities in the world that provides employees for MY company all belongs to ME! This is how you tea baggers think, it is beyond greed, it's ideology gone haywire.
For every dollar you empower the bottom end of the food chain it goes straight back into the economy, that's what creates jobs not million dollar exec's salaries.
In most countries 25 to 35% is the average tax rate and 40%+ for high income earners over a certain bracket. But the point is, research scientists get paid peanuts compared to a wall st jockey and in the end who is the most valuable to the country. Someone who comes up with a cure for cancer or the guy who works out an algorithm for derivative products.
Yes, that's why they are bankrupt and running across our borders.........get your GED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton Won't Rule Out Questioning The ... 1 min Patriot 43
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,602,956
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 8 min Concerned 441
News Republican bill will offer young immigrants cit... 11 min Red Crosse 5
News Politics Roundup: Trump's Call To Fire NFL Play... 12 min Cordwainer Trout 19
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min old_moose 10,290
News Trump assures voters Strange is a stronger Sena... 18 min Lawrence Wolf 30
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min Julia 289,269
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
More from around the web