Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,003
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#38483 Aug 26, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
If 2013 turns out to be flat, then we are beyond.
Even if the next 4 months are record breaking warm 2013 will be considered flat.

•The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for the January–July period (year-to-date) was 0.59°C (1.06°F) above the 20th century average of 13.8°C (56.9°F), tying with 2003 as the sixth warmest such period on record.

As I always say No Warming
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#38484 Aug 26, 2013
This is an example of the conditioning of people, if the United Nations control world energy policy and land use policy what next?

From Oz Ritz:

From deforestation, to the mining and burning of fossil fuels on a massive scale and then try and convince us it's still of little or no impact. Pleeeasee !! Even Sarah Palin could grasp that concept.

Sarah Palin probably has a grasp of a few other concepts Oz may not like so well.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#38485 Aug 26, 2013
I should have emphasized:

U.N. control of LAND USE.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38486 Aug 26, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We are using what we have documented. And research goes back beyond 30 years (but not with wind scale measurement).
i.e. www.ocean.lsu.edu/faculty/liu/liujanuary16.pd...
Uhh..NO. Again, why are we doing studies only comparing hurricane activity of today to only the past 30 years? Why not the past 100 years, just like we do with temperatures?

But a new study in the journal Nature found that hurricanes and typhoons have become stronger and longer-lasting over the past 30 years. These upswings correlate with a rise in sea surface temperatures.

The duration and strength of hurricanes have increased by about 50 percent over the last three decades, according to study author Kerry Emanuel, a professor of atmospheric science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/...
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38487 Aug 26, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
"relatively stable climate"? What the hell does that mean? Man has lived and thrived during the glacial retreat and you say that it is "false" to assume that it is a good thing?
Those are the cutest justifications for believing in CAGW since the "Is Not, you are a Stupid Head" strategy.
They are so cute aren't they. Bless their hearts. They like to make up things as if there was no "dirty" weather prior to the industrial age, when everything was so stable like the list of stable events posted on this link:

http://www.c3headlines.com/bad-stuff-happens....

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#38488 Aug 26, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I should have put 'LOL' at the end of my post. Give it up... you're sounding like SpaceBlues parsing words.
OTOH, you're now making an affirmative argument for the IPCC and all related policy makers and their objectives for the "science" of global warming.
So... how about an expose on that, you know, just to 'prove' that they're above reproach?
O dear, never said anyone was above reproach. But I wonder why you continually try to denegrate the science by not so approachable and questionable sources.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#38489 Aug 26, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
No joke. Real scientists construct models for global climate future. ALEC and the likes model the political future.
"Real Scientists" ... I just love that title.
Real Scientists believe it is likely we are all going to burn in a scorching blaze of GW if we do not repent our FF burning ways and make sacrifices.

Real Scientists are confident that Earth is at a 'Tipping Point' and it may be to late to mitigate CC to save our coastal cities.

Real Scientists keep all their Data and Methods secrets so others will not use it... or one must BUY it so one can use it to find a way to SAVE the world from CAGW. yes if Real Scientists do not get paid they cannot go on saving the people of Earth.

GOD BLESS "REAL SCIENTISTS"

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#38490 Aug 26, 2013
<quoted text>
"relatively stable climate"? What the hell does that mean? Man has lived and thrived during the glacial retreat and you say that it is "false" to assume that it is a good thing?
Those are the cutest justifications for believing in CAGW since the "Is Not, you are a Stupid Head" strategy.
<quoted text>
No explanation as to what your point is so I will assume by your use of the pejorative that you disagree with me when I said that this "thousands of years" (as you put it) of warming is a good thing.
It seems Most CCC Believers think like you.
No, moron, 10,000 years of relatively stable temperatures, in fact, slight cooling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Holocene_Te...

"the green troll"

#38491 Aug 26, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
If 2013 turns out to be flat, then we are beyond.
And if the models are correct, then 2014 or 2015 is likely to be a record year and the trend is likely to be unequivocally positive again.

And those claiming no warming will be proved liars and fools just like they were when they claimed Arctic sea ice melt had stropped in 2007 or sea level rise in 2006.
heavy tune

Seattle, WA

#38492 Aug 26, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
They are so cute aren't they. Bless their hearts. They like to make up things as if there was no "dirty" weather prior to the industrial age, when everything was so stable like the list of stable events posted on this link:
http://www.c3headlines.com/bad-stuff-happens....
oh 'kristy', history has no place in the fairytale of global warming caused by man. you must have missed a rinse cycle in the global warming caused by man brainwashing. your brain should be mush by now, eager to accept the fact that you are responsible for the weather. history has nothing to do with todays weather. you need to start watching more on the british brainwashing channel, the bbc. I love it when they push the button and blow up non believers of global warming caused by man. you must understand 'kristy', it is not yesterdays weather anymore. todays weather is something you should fear and respect, after all it is all your fault. so quit with the history thing, and accept the fairytale.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#38493 Aug 26, 2013
I'm still waiting for all of those powerfull hurricanes we were suppose to get due to globull warming. Looks like the warming cult has struck out. Again.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38494 Aug 26, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
O dear, never said anyone was above reproach. But I wonder why you continually try to denegrate the science by not so approachable and questionable sources.
LOL (that means 'Laugh Out Loud')

... says the one who posts from alecexposed... from The Center for Media and Democracy... founded by John Stuaber which sponsors prwatch and sourcewatch.

I do enjoy using the same arguments of warmists on warmists. It's so much fun watching them squirm and find inventive ways to not hold their "science" accountable to same standards they claim others should have.

Good day to ya'.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38495 Aug 26, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
And if the models are correct, then 2014 or 2015 is likely to be a record year and the trend is likely to be unequivocally positive again.
And those claiming no warming will be proved liars and fools just like they were when they claimed Arctic sea ice melt had stropped in 2007 or sea level rise in 2006.
LOL...and if the models are correct!!! The models have never been correct. You are stating those that claimed sea ice melt had stopped are liars, but yet what do you call scientists who predicted an ice-free Arctic this summer? Or what do you call scientists who told us that BOTH poles would melt due to global warming, but then these same scientists now state that climate models always predicted Antarctic ice to grow? I hope you call them liars and fools too. What about all the predictions that no climate models predicted a 15-year pause, but now these scientists say it was predicted. I hope you call them liars and fools too. According to a paper posted by The Integral, climate scientists state we are not at business as usual emissions but at worst case scenario levels of CO2 and the temperatures should be rising at the highest predicted level, but are not. So you need to call them liars and fools too.

The predictions are all over the place. Because now you are saying they are predicting 2014 and 2015 are likely to be record years and the latest predictions I have seen are calling for a standstill for about 20 years. So which is it? It sounds like you have all your bases covered.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38496 Aug 26, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
No, moron, 10,000 years of relatively stable temperatures, in fact, slight cooling.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Holocene_Te...
Hilarius...so we are comparing tree proxies to 20th century instrumental data. What does this prove? Did you read the fine print?

Because of the limitations of data sampling, each curve in the main plot was smoothed (see methods below) and consequently, this figure can not resolve temperature fluctuations faster than approximately 300 years. Further, while 2004 appears warmer than any other time in the long-term average, and hence might be a sign of global warming, it should also be noted that the 2004 measurement is from a single year (actually the fourth highest on record, see Image:Short Instrumental Temperature Record.png for comparison). It is impossible to know whether similarly large short-term temperature fluctuations may have occurred at other times, but are unresolved by the available resolution. The next 150 years will determine whether the long-term average centered on the present appears anomalous with respect to this plot.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#38497 Aug 26, 2013
Big Al's newest scheme to make money:

Globull Climate Stay The Same, LLC - Now Selling Carbon Credits At Wholsale Prices!

"the green troll"

#38498 Aug 26, 2013
kristy wrote:
The predictions are all over the place. Because now you are saying they are predicting 2014 and 2015 are likely to be record years and the latest predictions I have seen are calling for a standstill for about 20 years.
Make the most of the "no warming" bullshit, because in a year or so we'll see new record temperatures and the warming trend re-emerge.

And deniers lose even more of their credibility.

"the green troll"

#38499 Aug 26, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarius...so we are comparing tree proxies to 20th century instrumental data. What does this prove? Did you read the fine print?
Nope, not tree proxies.

(dark blue) Sediment core ODP 658, interpreted sea surface temperature, Eastern Tropical Atlantic: M. Zhao, N. A. S. Beveridge, N. J. Shackleton, M. Sarnthein, and G. Eglinton. "Molecular stratigraphy of cores off northwest Africa: Sea surface temperature history over the last 80 ka". Paleoceanography 10 (3): 661-675. doi:10.1029/94PA03354
(blue) Vostok ice core, interpreted paleotemperature, Central Antarctica: Petit J. R., Jouzel J., Raynaud D., Barkov N. I., Barnola J. M., Basile I., Bender M., Chappellaz J., Davis J., Delaygue G., Delmotte M., Kotlyakov V. M., Legrand M., Lipenkov V., Lorius C., Pépin L., Ritz C., Saltzman E., Stievenard M.. "Climate and Atmospheric History of the Past 420,000 years from the Vostok Ice Core, Antarctica". Nature 399: 429-436. doi:10.1038/20859
(light blue) GISP2 ice core, interpreted paleotemperature, Greenland: Alley, R. B.. Quaternary Science Reviews. doi:10.1016/S0277-3791(99)0006 2-1
(green) Kilimanjaro ice core, &#948;18O, Eastern Central Africa: Thompson, L. G., E. Mosley-Thompson, M. E. Davis, K. A. Henderson, H. H. Brecher, V. S. Zagorodnov, T. A. Mashiotta, P.-N. Lin, V. N. Mikhalenko, D. R. Hardy, and J. Beer. "Kilimanjaro Ice Core Records: Evidence of Holocene Climate Change in Tropical Africa". Science 298 (5593): 589-593. doi:10.1126/science.1073198
(yellow) Sediment core PL07-39PC, interpreted sea surface temperature, North Atlantic: Lea, D. W., D. K. Pak, L. C. Peterson, and K. A. Hughen (2003). "Synchroneity of tropical and high-latitude Atlantic temperatures over the last glacial termination". Science 301 (5638): 1361-1364. doi:10.1126/science.1088470
(orange) Pollen distributions, interpreted temperature, Europe: B. A. S. Davis, S. Brewer, A. C. Stevenson, J. Guiot (2003). Quaternary Science Reviews 22: 1701-1716. doi:10.1016/S0277-3791(03)0017 3-2
(red) EPICA ice core, &#948;Deuterium, Central Antarctica: EPICA community members (2004). "Eight glacial cycles from an Antarctic ice core". Nature 429 (6992): 623-628. doi:10.1038/nature02599
(dark red) Composite sediment cores, interpreted sea surface temperature, Western Tropical Pacific: L. D. Stott, K. G. Cannariato, R. Thunell, G. H. Haug, A. Koutavas, and S. Lund (2004). "Decline of surface temperature and salinity in the western tropical Pacific Ocean in the Holocene epoch". Nature 431: 56-59. doi:10.1038/nature02903

Krusty trips over her big clown shoes again.

How we laugh!
heavy tune

Seattle, WA

#38500 Aug 26, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...and if the models are correct!!! The models have never been correct. You are stating those that claimed sea ice melt had stopped are liars, but yet what do you call scientists who predicted an ice-free Arctic this summer? Or what do you call scientists who told us that BOTH poles would melt due to global warming, but then these same scientists now state that climate models always predicted Antarctic ice to grow? I hope you call them liars and fools too. What about all the predictions that no climate models predicted a 15-year pause, but now these scientists say it was predicted. I hope you call them liars and fools too. According to a paper posted by The Integral, climate scientists state we are not at business as usual emissions but at worst case scenario levels of CO2 and the temperatures should be rising at the highest predicted level, but are not. So you need to call them liars and fools too.
The predictions are all over the place. Because now you are saying they are predicting 2014 and 2015 are likely to be record years and the latest predictions I have seen are calling for a standstill for about 20 years. So which is it? It sounds like you have all your bases covered.
oh 'kristy', it is all so easily explained. proper funding gets proper answers to all of your questions. without the funding, we will not get any answers. liars and fools desperately need the funding to prove that you are the cause of the weather. there is some doubt that although the earth has had weather before, this is new weather, and caused by you. forget about the old weather, and concentrate on what we now know makes a lot of money. there is no such thing as common every day weather events anymore. there is only weather caused by man. the introduction of carbon taxes in austrailia should prove it to you. the weather has changed to cooling already. all it takes 'kristy', is money put into the proper pockets, to control the weather. we can only hope you will soon be on board and enjoying our fantasy fairytale of global warming caused by man, controled by money given freely by people like you. the next time it rains, or it gets all cloudy and the wind just doesn't feel right, we will know you haven't joined us yet. it is all up to you 'kristy', only you can stop global warming. put money in the basket when it passes down the pews, everything will suddenly be better.
Justin

United States

#38501 Aug 26, 2013
Farmers Almanac calling for bitter cold winter.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38502 Aug 26, 2013
Justin wrote:
Farmers Almanac calling for bitter cold winter.
... and with an 80% accuracy over 197 years.

What's the accuracy for those global warming models?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Aura Mytha 117,355
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 min fubar 22,748
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... (Mar '14) 10 min Mandela 2,042
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 min Fair Game 32,785
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min Quirky 265,596
Obama Rode in an Elevator With an Armed Man Who... 26 min Jumper The wise 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min RoxLo 1,115,129
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Zombies 155,436

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE