Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined...

Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined Obama's second term. Is he right?

There are 804 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Nov 3, 2013, titled Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined Obama's second term. Is he right?. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

President Obama speaks at Boston's Faneuil Hall about Obamacare Wednesday. Faneuil Hall is where former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Obama's rival in the 2012 presidential election, signed the state's landmark health care law in 2006, with top Democrats standing by his side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#615 Dec 1, 2013
Quick, get to the site and sign up!

http://home.roadrunner.com/~pjrpole/ACA.html
word

San Francisco, CA

#616 Dec 2, 2013
No hope, no change
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#617 Dec 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's sad is he thinks himself clever.
Clever? You don't know the half of it.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#618 Dec 2, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Make, them up? No Dud .......... this is all old hat.
You need to get out more, boy.
No, I realize that radical stuff has been out there forever. I'm just saying you're the kind of ridiculous buffoon that could have come up with that in the first place. Sorry for giving you so much credit.
Billy Ringo

United States

#619 Dec 3, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>No, I realize that radical stuff has been out there forever. I'm just saying you're the kind of ridiculous buffoon that could have come up with that in the first place. Sorry for giving you so much credit.
Yeah, you're sorry all right.
Junk Yard Dog

Pikeville, KY

#620 Dec 3, 2013
Why do even need Congress if the President is going to do everything by executive order? If we want to return back to a Democracy we don't need a president. We don't need Democrats or Republicans. we only need each State to be represented according to the Population. at least this would put a lot more money into circulation.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#621 Dec 3, 2013
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Why do even need Congress if the President is going to do everything by executive order? If we want to return back to a Democracy we don't need a president. We don't need Democrats or Republicans. we only need each State to be represented according to the Population. at least this would put a lot more money into circulation.
And what planet you said you're form? Ye moron ...
2 posts removed
GOTP

Fitchburg, MA

#624 Dec 4, 2013
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
You're far behind your talking points, according to you Teabaggers, we're not even supposed to be a Democracy, we're a Republic!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#625 Dec 5, 2013
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Why do even need Congress if the President is going to do everything by executive order?
If only Bush did have MORE EXECUTIVE ORDERS than all other presidents- close to 300.

You would seem less a fool.
Dixie Perspective

Madisonville, KY

#626 Dec 6, 2013
Obamacare was designed to do 2 things and it is doing both very well.

1. It was designed to provide free health care to Obama's political base, the welfare parasite class. It is doing that. They get Medicaid. Free.

2. It was designed to punish the mostly white working class in the "red" states, the people who are the rank and file of the Republican party who voted against Obama and who elect Republicans to the House and Senate. It is doing just as intended. Many working people, particularly lower paid ones who work at places like Walmart, have had their hours cut so that they will be excluded from Obamacare's mandate that large employers insure their full time workers. Many other people who had individual policies have had their policies cancelled because those basic policies, which served them just fine, did not include all the Obamacare extras. Others have lost coverage because small employers, who are not required to provide insurance, can no longer afford the much higher premiums. Bottom line: working people are going to have less access to insurance and it will cost them more. Many will opt to pay the fine and go without insurance simply because they cannot afford the premiums.

Right now in the South and in rural areas everywhere, Obama is the most unpopular bastard that has ever been. Even some people who thought that Obamacare would help them are now feeling betrayed. Working people are mad as hell.

Location hidden

#627 Dec 6, 2013
Dixie Perspective wrote:
Obamacare was designed to do 2 things and it is doing both very well.
1. It was designed to provide free health care to Obama's political base
That would be all Americans who do not have health care.

All you tea baggers are getting healthcare courtesy of the federal government already.

Now it's time for the working class who do not have healthcare access.

Wipe your chin, dear.

Maybe if you tea baggers work real hard, you can get yourselves back up to ten percent.

Location hidden

#628 Dec 6, 2013
Dixie Perspective wrote:
2. It was designed to punish the mostly white working class in the "red" states,
Someone else having the same healthcare as you doesn't diminish anyone, SpunkMonkey.
barefootsgaylove r

San Jose, CA

#629 Dec 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SpunkMonkey.
lmao, that is my pet name for barefoot when he is giving me head, I love his supple mouth.
UMWA Retiree

Cadiz, KY

#630 Dec 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be all Americans who do not have health care.
All you tea baggers are getting healthcare courtesy of the federal government already.
Now it's time for the working class who do not have healthcare access.
Wipe your chin, dear.
Maybe if you tea baggers work real hard, you can get yourselves back up to ten percent.
I tend to agree with Dixie Perspective's point no. 2. Obamacare has so many incentives built into it for low wage employers to cut hours that it should have been obvious to a baboon. I personally know of situations where borderline employers, ones that have barely over the 50 limit that makes them have to provide insurance, have laid people off to get down to 49 workers. The Medicaid expansion isn't all that it's advertised to be either. It is a Catch-22 for a lot of people. True, if your income is under a certain amount you can get Medicaid when you could not before. Catch-22 is the asset limitations are still in place. Take for instance a 57 year old coal miner who has worked all his life in the mines for good wages, then got laid off. He owns his house, quite likely paid for, two or more nice vehicles, and maybe a boat or a few acres of hillside land that he uses for hunting. He is still too young to draw his pension or start drawing out of his 401(k), so he takes a minimum wage job, maybe part time, to pay the bills until he can draw his retirement. His income is low enough for Medicaid, but he can't get Medicaid because he has too much in the way of assets. He has the choice of paying for Obamacare that he can't afford, pay the fine and go without insurance and take his chances until Medicare kicks in, or dispose of and spend down his assets until he's basically impoverished. I know several men in that situation. All that I've talked to say that they are going to go without insurance and pay the fine. And they are mad as hell, which is exactly where they would like to see Obama and all of his supporters.

Location hidden

#631 Dec 6, 2013
Dixie Perspective wrote:
Right now in the South and in rural areas everywhere, Obama is the most unpopular bastard that has ever been.
Oh for the good old days when George Wallace was running things!
UMWA Retiree

Cadiz, KY

#632 Dec 6, 2013
There is another huge problem with the exchanges set up by some states. The New England based news media has touted Kentucky's exchange as the gold standard of success. Anybody from Kentucky except people living in poverty hears that wants to grab the reporter and choke the living shit out of him. In reality, it is a clusterfuck. In reality, about 90 percent of those who have signed up have signed up for Medicaid. When people find out the truth about the insurance on the exchange, they say thanks for screwin' me Mr. Obama and leave without sighing up.

Here is the reason. The so-called exchange has only one (1) insurer. That one insurer offers 3 plans. The lowest cost plan, the one that most people with moderate incomes who have to pay for it would choose, restricts you to in-state providers only. Problem is, here in western Kentucky our medical establishment is oriented toward nearby Nashville, TN, not toward the big Kentucky hospitals in Lexington, which are several hours drive away. In this area, if you need say cancer treatment, the local doctors have always referred you to St. Thomas or Vanderbilt in Nashville. Those local doctors have no contacts with any of the networks in Lexington. To still be able to use the nearby Nashville medical facilities, you have to buy the most costly of the three plans.

Repeat: Obamacare is a damned clusterfuck!
barefootsgaylove r

San Jose, CA

#633 Dec 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If only Bush did have MORE EXECUTIVE ORDERS than all other presidents- close to 300.
You would seem less a fool.
How many did clinton have barefool? By the way, dont spill so much of your slobber on me next time you give me head, I dont know why but your drool is so sticky.

Location hidden

#634 Dec 6, 2013
UMWA Retiree wrote:
The New England based news media has touted Kentucky's exchange as the gold standard of success.
That's funny... I heard the Ky. Gov. Says State Is 'Gold Standard' In Implementing Health Law.

"Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear touted his state's progress on implementing the health law in appearances on Capitol Hill Thursday during which he also urged his state's Republicans -- including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell -- to come see how the exchange is working."

Location hidden

#635 Dec 6, 2013
UMWA Retiree wrote:
In reality, about 90 percent of those who have signed up have signed up for Medicaid. When people find out the truth about the insurance on the exchange, they say thanks for screwin' me Mr. Obama
Yet Kentucky continues to sign up thousands a people every day- people who previously had no insurance.

Funny how the people who kvetch more than anyone else are people who have and always have had insurance- usually supplied by their employer, and, often, state and federal government.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#636 Dec 6, 2013
UMWA Retiree wrote:
There is another huge problem with the exchanges set up by some states. The New England based news media has touted Kentucky's exchange as the gold standard of success. Anybody from Kentucky except people living in poverty hears that wants to grab the reporter and choke the living shit out of him. In reality, it is a clusterfuck. In reality, about 90 percent of those who have signed up have signed up for Medicaid. When people find out the truth about the insurance on the exchange, they say thanks for screwin' me Mr. Obama and leave without sighing up.
Here is the reason. The so-called exchange has only one (1) insurer. That one insurer offers 3 plans. The lowest cost plan, the one that most people with moderate incomes who have to pay for it would choose, restricts you to in-state providers only. Problem is, here in western Kentucky our medical establishment is oriented toward nearby Nashville, TN, not toward the big Kentucky hospitals in Lexington, which are several hours drive away. In this area, if you need say cancer treatment, the local doctors have always referred you to St. Thomas or Vanderbilt in Nashville. Those local doctors have no contacts with any of the networks in Lexington. To still be able to use the nearby Nashville medical facilities, you have to buy the most costly of the three plans.
Repeat: Obamacare is a damned clusterfuck!
Only if you believe the right-wing's intense propaganda

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,395,638
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Blitzking 199,385
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 min Into The Night 11,952
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Into The Night 60,110
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min katrina 88 388,187
News Welcome to the Ultimate Hold-Your-Nose Election 8 min WasteWater 20
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 9 min WasteWater 968
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 14 min WasteWater 331
News The Republican Party is dead 1 hr WasteWater 1,795
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 hr Hillbilly 291
More from around the web