Paul Ryan gives campaign a shot in th...

Paul Ryan gives campaign a shot in the arm: commentary from around the web | Ruth Spencer

There are 118 comments on the The Guardian story from Aug 14, 2012, titled Paul Ryan gives campaign a shot in the arm: commentary from around the web | Ruth Spencer. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Paul Ryan: a new face on the campaign trail, and someone else for the reporters to dissect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#82 Aug 15, 2012
Obama is always picking winners and losers based on what they put in the kitty.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#83 Aug 15, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Obama is always picking winners and losers based on what they put in the kitty.
Obama,Yeah you rich people you are all to blame
for all this mess I find myself in today!!

And dont forget now,8pm the Ritz,its $50,000 a Plate
you will be there I trust? Smiles at Wealthy Crowd....
frank

Oakland, CA

#84 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama,Yeah you rich people you are all to blame
for all this mess I find myself in today!!
And dont forget now,8pm the Ritz,its $50,000 a Plate
you will be there I trust? Smiles at Wealthy Crowd....
You are so way off the reservation; your assumptions are nothing more than gossip and do not pass the “Giggle Test” not even close, try and document it unless you think this forum is a contest in stupidity!

Republicans are outrageously unpopular. A Gallup Poll registered a 10% approval rating, less than pornography, communism, and BP during the oil spill.
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/08/06-...
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#85 Aug 15, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so way off the reservation; your assumptions are nothing more than gossip and do not pass the “Giggle Test” not even close, try and document it unless you think this forum is a contest in stupidity!
Republicans are outrageously unpopular. A Gallup Poll registered a 10% approval rating, less than pornography, communism, and BP during the oil spill.
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/08/06-...
list of the CPUSA,and DSA..in our House...
Hope it brings some Clarity as to why
things are the way they are and where
these people behave the way they do???

Vice Chairs

Hon. Diane Watson (CA-33)

Hon. Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18)

Hon. Mazie Hirono (HI-02)

Hon. Dennis Kucinich (OH-10)

Senate Members

Hon. Bernie Sanders (VT)

House Members

Hon. Neil Abercrombie (HI-01)

Hon. Tammy Baldwin (WI-02)

Hon. Xavier Becerra (CA-31)

Hon. Madeleine Bordallo (GU-AL)

Hon. Robert Brady (PA-01)

Hon. Corrine Brown (FL-03)

Hon. Michael Capuano (MA-08)

Hon. André Carson (IN-07)

Hon. Donna Christensen (VI-AL)

Hon. Yvette Clarke (NY-11)

Hon. William “Lacy” Clay (MO-01)

Hon. Emanuel Cleaver (MO-05)

Hon. Steve Cohen (TN-09)

Hon. John Conyers (MI-14)

Hon. Elijah Cummings (MD-07)

Hon. Danny Davis (IL-07)

Hon. Peter DeFazio (OR-04)

Hon. Rosa DeLauro (CT-03)

Rep. Donna F. Edwards (MD-04)

Hon. Keith Ellison (MN-05)

Hon. Sam Farr (CA-17)

Hon. Chaka Fattah (PA-02)

Hon. Bob Filner (CA-51)

Hon. Barney Frank (MA-04)

Hon. Marcia L. Fudge (OH-11)

Hon. Alan Grayson (FL-08)

Hon. Luis Gutierrez (IL-04)

Hon. John Hall (NY-19)

Hon. Phil Hare (IL-17)

Hon. Maurice Hinchey (NY-22)

Hon. Michael Honda (CA-15)

Hon. Jesse Jackson, Jr.(IL-02)

Hon. Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30)

Hon. Hank Johnson (GA-04)

Hon. Marcy Kaptur (OH-09)

Hon. Carolyn Kilpatrick (MI-13)

Hon. Barbara Lee (CA-09)

Hon. John Lewis (GA-05)

Hon. David Loebsack (IA-02)

Hon. Ben R. Lujan (NM-3)

Hon. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)

Hon. Ed Markey (MA-07)

Hon. Jim McDermott (WA-07)

Hon. James McGovern (MA-03)

Hon. George Miller (CA-07)

Hon. Gwen Moore (WI-04)

Hon. Jerrold Nadler (NY-08)

Hon. Eleanor Holmes-Norton (DC-AL)

Hon. John Olver (MA-01)

Hon. Ed Pastor (AZ-04)

Hon. Donald Payne (NJ-10)

Hon. Chellie Pingree (ME-01)

Hon. Charles Rangel (NY-15)

Hon. Laura Richardson (CA-37)

Hon. Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34)

Hon. Bobby Rush (IL-01)

Hon. Linda Sánchez (CA-47)

Hon. Jan Schakowsky (IL-09)

Hon. José Serrano (NY-16)

Hon. Louise Slaughter (NY-28)

Hon. Pete Stark (CA-13)

Hon. Bennie Thompson (MS-02)

Hon. John Tierney (MA-06)

Hon. Nydia Velazquez (NY-12)

Hon. Maxine Waters (CA-35)

Hon. Mel Watt (NC-12)

Hon. Henry Waxman (CA-30)

Hon. Peter Welch (V)

I hope you will understand those who spew
Hate,Racism,Vitriol from these ranks better
now you see their Agenda??????????

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#86 Aug 15, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so way off the reservation; your assumptions are nothing more than gossip and do not pass the “Giggle Test” not even close, try and document it unless you think this forum is a contest in stupidity!
Republicans are outrageously unpopular. A Gallup Poll registered a 10% approval rating, less than pornography, communism, and BP during the oil spill.
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/08/06-...
POLL: Obama leads among non-voters... hahahaah there's the real poll. Non voter, non taxpayers, non workers, non patriots. Obama is the real NON PRESIDENT.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#87 Aug 15, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>POLL: Obama leads among non-voters... hahahaah there's the real poll. Non voter, non taxpayers, non workers, non patriots. Obama is the real NON PRESIDENT.
Closing out his fourth year in office, President Obama has an 8.3 percent unemployment rate. He also boasts the lowest rate of participation in the labor force in 30 years (63.7 percent). More Americans are out of work than at any time in the preceding 30 years. There are 7 million more persons in poverty than when he took office, a jump from 39.8 million to 47 million. When pressed to explain these figures, the president points his finger at the state of the economy when he took office. That’s his excuse.

But the reasons for the 2008 economic calamity were set forth at least eight years before its onset by colleagues of mine at the American Enterprise Institute, led by the prescient, intrepid, and persistent Peter Wallison.

Wallison and the others did their best to strip the disguises off the darling ideas about housing held by Democrats Barney Frank in the House and Christopher Dodd in the Senate. Through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, those two and other Democrats (with a minority of Republicans) were force-feeding government-guaranteed mortgages to borrowers who had no reasonable chance to keep up with monthly payments. Such borrowers would never before have been approved for mortgages. These empty-headed, thoughtless (albeit well-intentioned) approvals undermined the whole U.S.(and world) financial sector.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#89 Aug 15, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We talk about the Ryan plan 24/7......here is the Obama plan.
Price of Ground Beef Hits Record High...
OBAMA: To protect ethanol, raise meat prices...
$4 a gallon gass
Price of DUMBOSPAM keeps going up. You're doing a great job as the CEO of DUMBOSPAM INC.
scooter

United States

#90 Aug 15, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>New Black Panthers to RNC: Our 'Feet Will Be On Your Motherf***ing Necks'...
but our guns will be in our hands,and panther season is officially open,no bag limit.
1 post removed
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#92 Aug 15, 2012
BTW,Saw Gas at 4.80 Today folks...
1 post removed
frank

Oakland, CA

#94 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Closing out his fourth year in office, President Obama has an 8.3 percent unemployment rate. He also boasts the lowest rate of participation in the labor force in 30 years (63.7 percent). More Americans are out of work than at any time in the preceding 30 years. There are 7 million more persons in poverty than when he took office, a jump from 39.8 million to 47 million. When pressed to explain these figures, the president points his finger at the state of the economy when he took office. That’s his excuse.
But the reasons for the 2008 economic calamity were set forth at least eight years before its onset by colleagues of mine at the American Enterprise Institute, led by the prescient, intrepid, and persistent Peter Wallison.
Wallison and the others did their best to strip the disguises off the darling ideas about housing held by Democrats Barney Frank in the House and Christopher Dodd in the Senate. Through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, those two and other Democrats (with a minority of Republicans) were force-feeding government-guaranteed mortgages to borrowers who had no reasonable chance to keep up with monthly payments. Such borrowers would never before have been approved for mortgages. These empty-headed, thoughtless (albeit well-intentioned) approvals undermined the whole U.S.(and world) financial sector.
You obviously have fallen victim to the rightwing propaganda machinery - the Bush recession won't be over until it's over. As for your housing BS, there are thousands of mortgage brokers in the US who did not broker a single bad mortgage, it is known as doing your 'due diligence'! Take a Chick-fil-a you'll feel better ...
Paul Ryan has been one of the harshest critics of Obama's economic stimulus plan. But months after Congress approved the multi billion package, the Wisconsin lawmaker was busy steering money under the program to companies in his home state, as he should.
He even wrote letters to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies. Wisconsin Energy Conservation companies later received $30.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, federal records show. In one of the letters to Chu in December 2009, Ryan praised the stimulus money because “it would help his state create thousands of new jobs,” save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. That completely contrasted with his public statements denigrating the stimulus program as a "wasteful spending spree”!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#95 Aug 15, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have fallen victim to the rightwing propaganda machinery - the Bush recession won't be over until it's over. As for your housing BS, there are thousands of mortgage brokers in the US who did not broker a single bad mortgage, it is known as doing your 'due diligence'! Take a Chick-fil-a you'll feel better ...
Paul Ryan has been one of the harshest critics of Obama's economic stimulus plan. But months after Congress approved the multi billion package, the Wisconsin lawmaker was busy steering money under the program to companies in his home state, as he should.
He even wrote letters to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies. Wisconsin Energy Conservation companies later received $30.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, federal records show. In one of the letters to Chu in December 2009, Ryan praised the stimulus money because “it would help his state create thousands of new jobs,” save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. That completely contrasted with his public statements denigrating the stimulus program as a "wasteful spending spree”!
I note you have completely Skipped the Democratic part
in the Meltdown,,All Liberals do that why????
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#96 Aug 15, 2012
"list of the CPUSA,and DSA..in our House...
Hope it brings some Clarity as to why
things are the way they are and where
these people behave the way they do"???

Exactly:

Everyone knows that Tea Party revolutionaries fear and hate socialism about as much as the Antichrist. Which is funny, because the Tea Party movement’s dirty little secret is that it owes its existence to the grandaddy of all Antichrists: the godless empire of the USSR.

What few realize is that the secretive oil billionaires of the Koch family, the main supporters of the right-wing groups that orchestrated the Tea Party movement, would not have the means to bankroll their favorite causes had it not been for the pile of money the family made working for the Bolsheviks in the late 1920s and early 1930s, building refineries, training Communist engineers and laying down the foundation of Soviet oil infrastructure.

Here is a better historical fact, one that the Kochs don’t like to repeat in public: the family’s initial wealth was not created by the harsh, creative forces of unfettered capitalism, but by the grace of the centrally-planned economy of the Soviet Union. This deserves repeating: The Koch family, America’s biggest pushers of the free-market Tea Party revolution, would not be the billionaires they are today were it not for the whim of one of Stalin’s comrades.

The Soviet oil planners were delighted with Koch’s refineries, which “operated commendably, and would in the future be the type preferred by the heads of the Soviet Union’s petroleum industry when purchasing new cracking equipment.” The Communists were so impressed they kept giving Winkler-Koch business and regularly sent Soviet engineers to train in Wichita. It was a sign of growing mutual trust.

Where would teabaggers be if it weren't for the Soviets?
frank

Oakland, CA

#97 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
I note you have completely Skipped the Democratic part
in the Meltdown,,All Liberals do that why????
Bush shared his presidency with a democrat? I stand corrected I did not know that ...
frank

Oakland, CA

#98 Aug 15, 2012
"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."
~ Will Rogers
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#99 Aug 15, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
"list of the CPUSA,and DSA..in our House...
Hope it brings some Clarity as to why
things are the way they are and where
these people behave the way they do"???
Exactly:
Everyone knows that Tea Party revolutionaries fear and hate socialism about as much as the Antichrist. Which is funny, because the Tea Party movement’s dirty little secret is that it owes its existence to the grandaddy of all Antichrists: the godless empire of the USSR.
What few realize is that the secretive oil billionaires of the Koch family, the main supporters of the right-wing groups that orchestrated the Tea Party movement, would not have the means to bankroll their favorite causes had it not been for the pile of money the family made working for the Bolsheviks in the late 1920s and early 1930s, building refineries, training Communist engineers and laying down the foundation of Soviet oil infrastructure.
Here is a better historical fact, one that the Kochs don’t like to repeat in public: the family’s initial wealth was not created by the harsh, creative forces of unfettered capitalism, but by the grace of the centrally-planned economy of the Soviet Union. This deserves repeating: The Koch family, America’s biggest pushers of the free-market Tea Party revolution, would not be the billionaires they are today were it not for the whim of one of Stalin’s comrades.
The Soviet oil planners were delighted with Koch’s refineries, which “operated commendably, and would in the future be the type preferred by the heads of the Soviet Union’s petroleum industry when purchasing new cracking equipment.” The Communists were so impressed they kept giving Winkler-Koch business and regularly sent Soviet engineers to train in Wichita. It was a sign of growing mutual trust.
Where would teabaggers be if it weren't for the Soviets?
Where would the leftwing loonies be with out soros???
Prime Communist Manipulator of the Oblamer WH??? LOL.
Makes the Kochs look like Choir Boys Hahahhaa..Tell it
to some one less informed Please..
2 posts removed
Cat74

United States

#102 Aug 15, 2012
The Bush recession ended in 2009. This is Obama's recession. 42 months of unemployment over 8%. Gas back at over $4. a gallon. Of course when gas goes up everything else, food, utilities, everything goes up as well.
scooter

United States

#103 Aug 15, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Leo and Brownstain are prime examples of liberal progressive intelligent debate. The short bus has arrived.
they make them wear helmets on the bus,to keep them from licking the glass.
Teach

United States

#104 Aug 15, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy to see that you approve of government intervention. Is von ryan going to claim he saved the banks, like rugby said he saved Detroit (after penning "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt.")((rugby flip-flop number...who knows))
Bwahahahahahahahaha
rugby/ryan '12: derailment at yard speed
I merely pointed out that TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program) is the $700 billion bank bailout...though you listed them as two seperate bills, they are one and the same. I didn't say that I approved of the TARP bailout, and for the record, I didn't approve. I can also admit that I misjudged the bill, since the majority of the billions loaned out has been repaid, with interest.

You're a typical bot and, I'm afraid, reflective of the mentality we see too much of on these boards and elsewhere. Blind allegiance to a party of choice who will go as far as to peddle misinformation and schtick in lieu of facts.

The scary part is that you get to vote.
Cat74

United States

#105 Aug 15, 2012
$42 billion dollars of the GM bailout will never be repaid. It is just a gift to the Unions. Americans did not want that bailout, but the politicians insisted. In Fact Politicians have done as they pleased more then enough lately. It has ro stop.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#106 Aug 16, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would the leftwing loonies be with out soros???
Prime Communist Manipulator of the Oblamer WH??? LOL.
Makes the Kochs look like Choir Boys Hahahhaa..Tell it
to some one less informed Please..


You replied.

I just did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News Families of Navajo Code Talkers decry Trum... 2 min anonymous 272
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,658,874
News Trump reacts to Flynn's guilty plea by slamming... 4 min Reddiaperdoperbaby1 129
News Female candidate quits Kansas race over 2005 ha... 15 min anonymous 5
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 24 min Reddiaperdoperbaby1 351
News Trump accusers call for congressional investiga... 32 min American Independent 182
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 34 min spud 1,335
News Trump should resign amid sexual assault claims:... 1 hr spud 63
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr American Independent 47,073
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Johnny 14,960
News Forged documents falsely accuse Chuck Schumer o... 8 hr Lawrence Wolf 30
More from around the web