Panel Finds Palin Abused Authority in...

Panel Finds Palin Abused Authority in Firing

There are 5148 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Panel Finds Palin Abused Authority in Firing. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

A legislative committee investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has found she unlawfully abused her authority in firing the state's public safety commissioner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

DID YOU KNOW---

Woods Cross, UT

#4006 Oct 13, 2008
LuvMyKitties wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he was a POW. My b/f got hurt in boot camp and receives disability are you mad at him too?
Your boyfriend has 5 kids from different women. You should be mad at him. Who in the hell gets hurt at boot camp? He's probably a doofus.

Since: May 08

Halifax, Canada

#4007 Oct 13, 2008
LuvMyKitties wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeke: Here is a link about health care in Slovakia. Now, despite the fact that it is provided free to citizens, that doesn't mean citizens aren't willing to pay for it.
http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-slovakia...
And a good example about the need to prove your method of payment oversees:
http://www.robertamsterdam.com/2007/12/grigor...
Thanks for the links--the story about the American cutting his finger in Russia was interesting (and coincidentally posted on the blog of someone I know)--but I don't understand what they have to do with my question about what other first world countries require prepayment for medical services.

So far you've mentioned India, Slovakia and Russia ... but I was thinking of countries such as those in Western Europe and Scandinavia or Australia, New Zealand or industrialized Asians nations like Japan, South Korea and so on. To the best of my knowledge they all have universal health care ... but I might be missing something.

The point of it was to demonstrate how the US is truly the odd man out in entrusting the delivery of vital health care to its citizens to the profit-seeking sector of its economy.
Wake up FQQLZ

Jerseyville, IL

#4008 Oct 13, 2008
USMC wrote:
<quoted text>
You would rather a guy whose political career was kicked off at a terorists house? Or one who can lie to us all and say in 20 years of going to a church with a racist who was his mentor he never knew he was a racist? The trooper was scum and should have been arrested not just fired this is just another example of her not allowing a member of the gov to walk all over civilians. Nice job Sarah.....
Hey Re-Tard terrorist is not spelled that way. USMC = Un-educated Stupid McCain Crybaby,your mother had a dis-honorable discharge on your birthday!

Halifax, Canada

#4009 Oct 13, 2008
DID YOU KNOW--- wrote:
John McCain's "palling around" with convicted criminal G. Gordon Liddy.
And talk about unrepentant!
Pandora

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#4010 Oct 13, 2008
Reese Adams wrote:
Im still waiting!! Does no one care that I just proved Barack Obama was lying about his relationship with william ayers? Anyone?
<quoted text>
Big deal. George Bush was in a business partnership with a Bin Laden. Doesn't make him a terrorist or responsible for 911.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#4011 Oct 13, 2008
best I remember, G.Gordon didn't use lethal force in his crimes, and was working for a sitting president.
DID YOU KNOW---

Woods Cross, UT

#4012 Oct 13, 2008
Liddy has acknowledged preparing to kill someone during the Ellsberg break-in "if necessary"; plotting to murder journalist Jack Anderson; plotting with a "gangland figure" to murder Howard Hunt to stop him from cooperating with investigators; plotting to firebomb the Brookings Institution; and plotting to kidnap "leftist guerillas" at the 1972 Republican National Convention -- a plan he outlined to the Nixon administration using terminology borrowed from the Nazis.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#4013 Oct 13, 2008
Ok, thanks for clarifying. i was relying on vague memory of a book I read in the seventies.
None of that is acceptable, but did he actually DO any of it?

Since: Sep 08

Birmingham, AL

#4014 Oct 13, 2008
rebelvickster wrote:
<quoted text>Well, maybe he did pick the wrong women.
maybe he picked the wrong woman. why do you say women?

Halifax, Canada

#4015 Oct 13, 2008
exiled wrote:
Ok, thanks for clarifying. i was relying on vague memory of a book I read in the seventies.
None of that is acceptable, but did he actually DO any of it?
He did advise listeners to his radio program as to the best method of shooting a federal agent. That's more than enough for me.

“Not soon enough”

Since: Jul 07

Sparks, NV

#4016 Oct 13, 2008
In a TV ad, McCain says Obama "lied" about his association with William Ayers, a former bomb-setting, anti-war radical from the 1960s and '70s. We find McCain's claim to be groundless.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_li...

~~~~~~~~~~

John McCain

Lying about lying
Abuse of Power meh

Irmo, SC

#4017 Oct 13, 2008
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name who else was on the committee with Obama besides Ayers?
William Ayers is a respected professor and community leader. Having lived a different life from the radical sixties and early 70's that the Vietnam war brought in our young women.
Many of them respected people.
Pelosi and Reid are respected too.......Its HOW MANY respects one that matters. William Ayers is having meetings with Chavez. Some respect that too.
Why is it EVERY one of Obama's "mentors" and "helpers" have a dark past or could to "deal with"
Chicago politics is not exactly a bastion of innocence. Ask Jimmy Hoffa. Obama probably knows where he is buried......
In the end I have a strong feeling America will come to it's senses and vote for a moderate. In this election that would be John Mc Cain....
starsandstripes

United States

#4018 Oct 13, 2008
Wake up FQQLZ wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Re-Tard terrorist is not spelled that way. USMC = Un-educated Stupid McCain Crybaby,your mother had a dis-honorable discharge on your birthday!
Hey Ahole,
Stick to facts.

Where did you go to school?
The Anitnoshet Challange of chicago?

Bunch of chimps.
starsandstripes

United States

#4019 Oct 13, 2008
Abuse of Power meh wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi and Reid are respected too.......Its HOW MANY respects one that matters. William Ayers is having meetings with Chavez. Some respect that too.
Why is it EVERY one of Obama's "mentors" and "helpers" have a dark past or could to "deal with"
Chicago politics is not exactly a bastion of innocence. Ask Jimmy Hoffa. Obama probably knows where he is buried......
In the end I have a strong feeling America will come to it's senses and vote for a moderate. In this election that would be John Mc Cain....
He does not know where Hoffa is.

Islam was preping him up for the 3rd. Jihad in 1975. Look it up.

But I think he's in the cement on the 6th level parking lot support base at
The Burns Medowland N.J.

Since: Mar 08

Egypt

#4020 Oct 13, 2008
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Man gots ya skeered ain't?
Have no fear. 4 years from now so much bigotry will be killed because of the superb job he will do.
This is what I'm hoping for...I'm hoping the stem of racism and bigotry in this country can be turned around if Obama (god willing) is elected and does a good job. God knows he would have his hands full with a big mess. What a testament it would be and what a lesson to those who thought only electing old white men all of these years was the only answer\option.

Since: Mar 08

Egypt

#4021 Oct 13, 2008
NuttyinNJ wrote:
hilarious.
whenever a mccain supporter is called on saying something obviously racist in ragards to obama, they feel they can simply use the "oh look, the racism card" excuse to disclaim their statement.
It's not even that - the fact is that they don't even SEE where it is racist to begin with. These are the same people who never lifted a finger in support of fair pay/hiring/promotion practices among minority races, never spoke out when a woman or minority had to work twice as hard to get what a white man got without putting in hardly any effort at all (be it in work, politics, military or family) and yet NOW the race card is 'used'?
ahem. Excuse me, the race card has been used for a long long time, except it was called something else:

can you guess?
Steve

Bergen, NY

#4022 Oct 14, 2008
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not following you. Obama said he met Ayers when he was working with his "community thingy" in Chicago - and that was backed up because he met him through a program set up by the Ronnie Raygun.
To be honest. If there was a smoking gun here. It would be hotly reported. I would HOPE.
But there is not. I see things like McCain's plane wasn't hit on the Forrestal and McCain panicked and dropped his own bombs on the deck and McCain coughed up too muck information during torture and McCain screwed a lobbyist and to be honest - I try to focus on the meat and potato politics of who the hell has the better judgment to lead.
I would hope it would be reported as well. However let's not kid ourselves here. Any fair-minded person with any kind of level of awareness will not argue the mainstream media leans to the left quite a bit. The Ayers/Obama connection IS a serious matter that merits close scrutiny, but as of yet, has been largely sidelined by the media. And coupled with some other very questionable close ties Obama's had with some ultra radicals, in my opinion it conjures very serious concerns about his character and judgment which have not been adequately addressed.
The fact that you so casually bring up slander about McCain's military history (I say slander because what you say is pure conjecture and flies into the face of his record, which seems pretty solid) while at the same time side-step Obama's clear and concrete ties with Ayers makes me wonder how partisan you really are.
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
I haven't see one straight answer from McCain. I see Sarah with her winkin and a blinkin and her cute little cute phrases like this is a Tide commercial - But I don't see anything other than McCain trying to wrap this up and pack this election like republicans (and democrats past) have tried to do. I'm in marketing. Have been for 20 years.
Then you haven't been paying attention. It's as plain and simple as that. And if you want to use your standard of assessment on both sides, one can easily say Obama and his campaign pretty much started the whole "little cute phrases like this is a Tide commercial" movement with the "Change We Can Believe In" and "Hope" catch phrases and holding many of his rallies in conjunction with music concerts, but I think it's silly to even bring up such trivial matters like that for either candidate for I believe it to be petty and irrelevant and only makes one who does bring it up appear frivolous and projects their arguments to be weak.
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
I see a whole lot of branding go on with the republicans with canned messages, scripted speeches and NO ANSWERS.
I'm not buying a car - I'm choosing a president.
Obama gets up there and I just think he has better answers, is more informed, studies the situation, knows the problems and McCain looks like the old man who can't remember where he parked his Buick.
I see a whole lot of nothing except for a bunch of witty name-calling and disingenuous rhetoric coming from this statement of yours. If you think Obama's policies are better than McCain's, fine. But how about making your argument with substance, honesty, and fairness about the things you agree or disagree with instead? McCain has laid out his policies and his thoughts just as clearly as Obama has, so let's cut the bull ok?
Steve

Bergen, NY

#4023 Oct 14, 2008
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
It's too critical this election.
You could post a picture of Obama having sex with Ayers and I would look right by it if the man hade a decent plan of action.
Because plans of action in Washington right now are few and far between.
I don't care if Bill Clinton smoked pot and didn't inhale. The guy knew his shit. Couldn't keep it in his pants. But he knew his shit.
That's a rather disturbing picture, in more ways than one.
I'm sure many would agree when I say integrity, character, and especially social ideology are crucial elements when considering the next POTUS. However getting a hummer in the Oval Office is one thing, while engaging in political dealings with a known domestic terrorist, who is still to this day on record as being absolutely unrepentant, is other thing entirely. You may be comfortable with a potential President having an uncomfortably close personal relationship with a terrorist, but I certainly am not, and I'm willing to bet if more people were better informed on the matter, neither would they. This is a serious matter to discuss and is fair game to close scrutiny. I mean come on man, it would be no different if McCain had intricate political dealings with an abortion clinic bomber who wishes he or she could have done more.
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
Obama has a MUCH better grasp of the issues and McCain failed his final test for me by picking the bimbo over Pawlenty, Kaine (A successful Governor of A SWING state) and Ridge (A successful 2 term governor of a SWING STATE, and former cabinet member for the Department of Homeland Security).
And he picks this mess? Good judgment? Absolutely not. A mayor of the town of Wasilla, Alaska a heatbeat away from the most powerful and important position on the planet!!!?
We don't need a Maverick. We've had one for 8 years. We need a leader.
Again, if you believe Obama's policies and plans are better that's fine, but it would be nice if you elaborate as it would get your point across better. It would also give you and your arguments more credibility if you eliminate the distasteful name-calling and the unaccredited attacks. Especially when addressing one with a distinguished political career that would be commendable for ANY politician to possess, swing state or not.

I would love to discuss the candidates social ideologies and the “meat and potato politics”, as you put it, with civility, intellectual honesty, and fairness. Let’s see if you’re able to do so by those standards. If not then you’ve already lost credibility with me.
Steve

Bergen, NY

#4024 Oct 14, 2008
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not following you. Obama said he met Ayers when he was working with his "community thingy" in Chicago - and that was backed up because he met him through a program set up by the Ronnie Raygun.
To be honest. If there was a smoking gun here. It would be hotly reported. I would HOPE.
But there is not. I see things like McCain's plane wasn't hit on the Forrestal and McCain panicked and dropped his own bombs on the deck and McCain coughed up too muck information during torture and McCain screwed a lobbyist and to be honest - I try to focus on the meat and potato politics of who the hell has the better judgment to lead.
I would hope it would be reported as well. However let's not kid ourselves here. Any fair-minded person with any kind of level of awareness will not argue the mainstream media leans to the left quite a bit. The Ayers/Obama connection IS a serious matter that merits close scrutiny, but as of yet, has been largely sidelined by the media. And coupled with some other very questionable close ties Obama's had with some ultra radicals, in my opinion it conjures very serious concerns about his character and judgment which have not been adequately addressed.
The fact that you so casually bring up slander about McCain's military history (I say slander because what you say is pure conjecture and flies into the face of his record, which seems pretty solid) while at the same time side-step Obama's clear and concrete ties with Ayers makes me wonder how partisan you really are.
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
I haven't see one straight answer from McCain. I see Sarah with her winkin and a blinkin and her cute little cute phrases like this is a Tide commercial - But I don't see anything other than McCain trying to wrap this up and pack this election like republicans (and democrats past) have tried to do. I'm in marketing. Have been for 20 years.
Then you haven't been paying attention. It's as plain and simple as that. And if you want to use your standard of assessment on both sides, one can easily say Obama and his campaign pretty much started the whole "little cute phrases like this is a Tide commercial" movement with the "Change We Can Believe In" and "Hope" catch phrases and holding many of his rallies in conjunction with music concerts, but I think it's silly to even bring up such trivial matters like that for either candidate for I believe it to be petty and irrelevant and only makes one who does bring it up appear frivolous and projects their arguments to be weak.
InfiniteWisdom wrote:
I see a whole lot of branding go on with the republicans with canned messages, scripted speeches and NO ANSWERS.
I'm not buying a car - I'm choosing a president.
Obama gets up there and I just think he has better answers, is more informed, studies the situation, knows the problems and McCain looks like the old man who can't remember where he parked his Buick.
I see a whole lot of nothing except for a bunch of witty name-calling and disingenuous rhetoric coming from this statement of yours. If you think Obama's policies are better than McCain's, fine. But how about making your argument with substance, honesty, and fairness about the things you agree or disagree with instead? McCain has laid out his policies and his thoughts just as clearly as Obama has, so let's cut the bull ok?
Steve

Bergen, NY

#4025 Oct 14, 2008
oops ... sorry about the double post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Proud Democrat 1,496,994
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 237,504
News 41 undocumented immigrants arrested in NY amid ... 3 min Earl 18
News Trump's state visit should be scrapped, says Lo... 4 min duck femocrats 73
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 min Rshermr 36,260
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min coco 15,734
News Judge blocks Texas cutting Medicaid to Planned ... 6 min Sandra 3
News Trump to roll back Obama's climate, water rules... 8 min RustyS 55
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min NotSoDivineMsM 259,146
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min positronium 412,737
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 hr Faith Michigan 5,740
More from around the web