Death of Hugo Chavez brings chance of...

Death of Hugo Chavez brings chance of fresh start for US and Latin America

There are 255 comments on the The Guardian story from Mar 5, 2013, titled Death of Hugo Chavez brings chance of fresh start for US and Latin America. In it, The Guardian reports that:

RaAol Castro, president of Cuba, right, seen in 2008 with Hugo ChA vez, could be a cautious but willing partner for Barack Obama in establishing improved international relations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

edju

Saint Petersburg, FL

#235 Mar 8, 2013
no tickie: get a life. minnesota global warming hoax and communist dupe! the good guys ara waking up to the lie machine worldwide........
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#236 Mar 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>never in a serious discussion. someday you may know what one of those are...
have you looked at the post counter lately? is it still magic?
Did the 'shift' key on your computer break?
Simon Bolinni

Lafayette, NJ

#237 Mar 8, 2013

Ding Dong...

Ay que rico

Se murio el mico!!!!
Shawn Peend

United States

#238 Mar 8, 2013
TalkingSnakeMinistries wrote:
All of you are clueless. Hugo Chavez was helping the US keep oil prices down, and we have seen nothing but cooperation in combating the production and transit of illegal drugs. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
The same Chavez that was financing and supporting the Colombian FARC, the new cocaine cartel owners?
US Huh

United States

#239 Mar 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>As yet, there is not one shred of evidence for the existence of any god, gods or goddesses. not one shred.
I guess the same could be said for the elected officials in DC and courage, compassion, and honesty. No evidence of any of the above traits.
El Yanki

Lafayette, NJ

#240 Mar 8, 2013
i defecate on chavez, the troglodite!
Perro

United States

#241 Mar 8, 2013
Simon Bolinni wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nrEdYyejlj8XX
Ding Dong...
Ay que rico
Se murio el mico!!!!
Yo quireo Taco Bell.
TITAN

Lafayette, NJ

#242 Mar 8, 2013
Que rico

se murio el mico!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#243 Mar 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you think people just gave up their faith? hardly.
it was people of faith tht did most of the killing for those regimes.
Can you prove it. lets stick to Cambodia a country I am very familiar with Most Cambodian have traditionally been Buddhist so how where Monks and Nuns treated.
As the Khmer Rouge seized control of the country, the prospects of Buddhism became increasingly doubtful. Pol Pot, who had once served in a Buddhist monastery, denounced Buddhist monks as useless pariah, and part of the feudalistic power structures of the past. Monks were viewed with suspicion and disdain as part of the intellectual class, and targeted for especially brutal treatment and "reeducation".

As part of the Khmer Rouge's horrific Year Zero campaign, monks were systematically turned out of monasteries and forced to disrobe and become farming peasants, or were tortured and murdered outright. Some monks were forced to violate their vows at gunpoint. By the time the Khmer Rouge reign of terror ended, there were no monks alive in Cambodia. Now show me where any of the Kmer Rouge where Buddhist when they where doing the killing?
Goyo

Lafayette, NJ

#244 Mar 8, 2013
El muerto al hoyo! APESTA!
el commandante

Nigeria

#245 Mar 8, 2013
So sad but he gave his adversaries bloody noses.
El coma andante

Lafayette, NJ

#246 Mar 8, 2013
The correct spelling, prior to his departure for hell!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#247 Mar 8, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure as hell wouldn't be....EDITED.... Devil-like leader, many, many times before. Why should anyone trust you now?
He also wouldn't evade, project, or call silly names by way of rebutting a post...LOL

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#248 Mar 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Harvey, professor and now you changing post........yep.....you got an ACORN posting kit as well.
Aww, are you seeing that giant rabbit again? Is that what got you all upset and confused?:)
edju

Saint Petersburg, FL

#249 Mar 8, 2013
is that nutty professor still on drugs?
Fortunate1

Bartlesville, OK

#250 Mar 8, 2013
I have to say that Chavez was a very important man to Latin America and the caribbean. He was a truth teller and most of today's leaders are not. He stood on the platform of the truth and for this reason, more than any, he won my respect. May he rest in peace and may the world look upon the outpouring of genuine love for this leader and take lessons. The truth is how you win the hearts of your followers; not by lies, deceptions, and arrogance.
1 post removed
Its True

Colonial Heights, VA

#252 Mar 8, 2013
Fortunate1 wrote:
I have to say that Chavez was a very important man to Latin America and the caribbean. He was a truth teller and most of today's leaders are not. He stood on the platform of the truth and for this reason, more than any, he won my respect. May he rest in peace and may the world look upon the outpouring of genuine love for this leader and take lessons. The truth is how you win the hearts of your followers; not by lies, deceptions, and arrogance.
There was a guy in Germany who was very popular with his people and won their hearts. I will give you hint to what his name was, it rhymes with Adolph Hitler.
If there is one thing you can say for Mr. Chavez, he did pretty well for a third world dictator, a net worth of $1.6 Billion.
Wilson

United States

#253 Mar 9, 2013
Say the Truth even though I do not because I am a NIGGER LOVING IGNORANT CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm read THIS. Liberals like yourself are philosophically liable.
http://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Good-Men-Semina...
Nice to know.
Wilson

United States

#254 Mar 9, 2013
Its True is a stupid fucking nigger lover wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a guy in Germany who was very popular with his people and won their hearts. I will give you hint to what his name was, it rhymes with Adolph Hitler.
If there is one thing you can say for Mr. Chavez, he did pretty well for a third world dictator, a net worth of $1.6 Billion.
His name rhymes with Adolph Hitler?!

“Fightingcock”

Location hidden

#255 Mar 9, 2013
Jessie JAckson was there, Dennis Rodman should have rode down with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Taletha 16 3,461
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 3 min Denny CranesPlace 1,352
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 3 min Squach 1,136
News Clinton vows to appoint trade prosecutor to fig... 3 min SirPrize 5
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min The Northener 199,357
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 228,605
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min An NFL Fan 1,395,353
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Taletha 16 388,116
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 hr Democrat Hero 280
More from around the web