Senate votes to extend spying bill

Senate votes to extend spying bill

There are 4 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from May 26, 2011, titled Senate votes to extend spying bill. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Over fervent but scattered objections, the Senate voted by a wide margin Thursday to extend the government's Patriot Act powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists, acting just a month after intelligence and military forces hunted down Osama bin Laden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

SamD

Alamogordo, NM

#1 May 27, 2011
For once in their lives our New Mexico Senators have voted Constitutionally, albiet for the wrong reasons.

Anyone who voted FOR the so called "Patriot Act" is suspect adn bears very close scrutiny. All it does is enable the Federal Government to examine persons they couldn't get a warrant to go after under ordinary circumstances. Like political opposition, people who can read, and people who can think for themselves.
I never had any problems getting a warrant in a timely manner for any legitimate reason. The justifications for the "Patriot Act" are indicative of only 2 things
#1 Lazieness on the part of police agencies
#2 Inability to out think the bad guys.

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Since: Oct 08

Where my house is

#2 May 27, 2011
And here I though ALL Democrats were against the Patriot Act???? I'd say ALOT of them voted for it again!???

I guess thier outrage was just "empty words"???

#3 May 27, 2011
Miken96 wrote:
And here I though ALL Democrats were against the Patriot Act???? I'd say ALOT of them voted for it again!???
I guess thier outrage was just "empty words"???
it just depends who is in the white house. If it was a repub they would all be against it. Even O'Bama the other Kennedy brother was against it when he was a lowly senator. Just like the war powers act..since it is O'Bama they don't give a damn about the war in Lybia but if it were a repub they would be yelling from the top of the mountains how he is not complying with the act. Just depends who ox is being gored!!

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Where my house is

#4 May 27, 2011
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
it just depends who is in the white house. If it was a repub they would all be against it. Even O'Bama the other Kennedy brother was against it when he was a lowly senator. Just like the war powers act..since it is O'Bama they don't give a damn about the war in Lybia but if it were a repub they would be yelling from the top of the mountains how he is not complying with the act. Just depends who ox is being gored!!
You can't mean that we are looking at a bunch of Hyprocrites...???!!?!
WHy, they NEVER double talk themselves!! Say it ain't so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patriot Act Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Trump says he'll fund wall by cutting r... Apr '16 tomin cali 8
News Trump proposes funding wall by cutting off remi... Apr '16 Toby 3
News Wells Fargo Bank Sued for Awareness of Violatio... (Nov '11) Nov '15 Proud Lesbian 7
News Cheney touts economy, Patriot Act during Missou... (Jan '06) Nov '15 Proud Lesbian 5
News Secret Service Involvement in Gang Stalking (Feb '13) Nov '15 SA_Victim 56
Patriot Act Survey (Oct '15) Oct '15 apgov 1
News Senate clears White House-backed trade bill (May '15) Sep '15 swedenforever 6
More from around the web