GOP newcomers test mandate to shrink ...

GOP newcomers test mandate to shrink government

There are 29 comments on the KSL-TV story from Feb 19, 2011, titled GOP newcomers test mandate to shrink government. In it, KSL-TV reports that:

Asked how long the House would need to finish legislation cutting $61 billion in government spending, the most powerful Republican in the land responded wryly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSL-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#1 Feb 19, 2011
Woof, This isn't a "test". They have a mandate.

Since: Dec 07

Ft Lauderdale

#3 Feb 19, 2011
The Mandate is the $14 Trillion Debt hanging over our heads as Obama's intends to Raise it another $3-$4 Trillion over the next 2 yrs.

Obama's course is set for 'Destruct' and we cannot allow it.
Richard Bruce Cheney

Brooksville, FL

#4 Feb 19, 2011
What debt ?

Mr. Bush and I left Washington with a fully balanced budget.

http://www.costofwar.com
GOP-TEA Hypocrite

Katy, TX

#5 Feb 19, 2011
The GOP refuses to let the Bush Tax cuts expire to pay down their debt they skyrocketed under the Bush years. And yet they refuse to cut their own congressional pay and taxpayer paid healthcare benefits to make up for the lost tax revenue.
GOP-TEA Hypocrite

Katy, TX

#6 Feb 19, 2011
It was set for destruct by extending the Bush Tax cuts.
Bahia Honda wrote:
The Mandate is the $14 Trillion Debt hanging over our heads as Obama's intends to Raise it another $3-$4 Trillion over the next 2 yrs.
Obama's course is set for 'Destruct' and we cannot allow it.

Ft Lauderdale

#7 Feb 19, 2011
Richard Bruce Cheney wrote:
What debt ?
Mr. Bush and I left Washington with a fully balanced budget.
http://www.costofwar.com
Bush and Cheney are Gone so Why is your guy Obama on track for adding more to the Debt in 4 yrs less time?

I hope your argument isn't that just because Bush did it with Democrats, including Obama's, help, Obama can do it as president too. That's the kind of argument that makes you lose Mid-Term & presidential Elections...
quebert

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Feb 19, 2011
Hey Washington, WE WON'T PAY and YOU WON'T STAY! And also I think, that America should be destroyed.
GOP-TEA Hypocrite

Katy, TX

#9 Feb 19, 2011
Bush and Cheney and the GOP/TEA contributed to the debt. It's pretty dihonest to solely blame Obama.

Even now the House GOP refuse to cut their congressional pay and taxpayer paid healthcare benefits until they pay down their debt.
Bahia Honda wrote:
<quoted text>Bush and Cheney are Gone so Why is your guy Obama on track for adding more to the Debt in 4 yrs less time?
I hope your argument isn't that just because Bush did it with Democrats, including Obama's, help, Obama can do it as president too. That's the kind of argument that makes you lose Mid-Term & presidential Elections...
quebert

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Feb 19, 2011
I love it, Obamaphiles STILL TRYING to blame Bush, guess what f88ks, YOUR MAN's THE ONE IN CHARGE FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW! IT'S YOUR FAULT BIT**ES.

Ft Lauderdale

#11 Feb 19, 2011
GOP-TEA Hypocrite wrote:
Bush and Cheney and the GOP/TEA contributed to the debt. It's pretty dihonest to solely blame Obama.
Even now the House GOP refuse to cut their congressional pay and taxpayer paid healthcare benefits until they pay down their debt.
<quoted text>
I stated all the facts. It's your dishonesty that is evident.

The gop House Cut their budget. When pelosi came in, she Increased their Budget.

I think all in congress should take a pay cut but 4 year of filibuster proof dems didn't produce it so how is a split congress going to do that?

Also, the bigger salary that needs a cut is Obama's. He makes more than twice Congress. You'll get some credibility when you can begin stating some facts.

Ft Lauderdale

#12 Feb 19, 2011
GOP-TEA Hypocrite wrote:
It was set for destruct by extending the Bush Tax cuts.
<quoted text>
Maintaining a tax rate is not a problem at all. Would you like to try again?
GOP-TEA Hypocrite

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 19, 2011
No you didn't. You left out the fact that the GOP started the spiraling debt.
Bahia Honda wrote:
<quoted text>I stated all the facts. It's your dishonesty that is evident.
The gop House Cut their budget. When pelosi came in, she Increased their Budget.
I think all in congress should take a pay cut but 4 year of filibuster proof dems didn't produce it so how is a split congress going to do that?
Also, the bigger salary that needs a cut is Obama's. He makes more than twice Congress. You'll get some credibility when you can begin stating some facts.

Ft Lauderdale

#14 Feb 19, 2011
GOP-TEA Hypocrite wrote:
No you didn't. You left out the fact that the GOP started the spiraling debt.
<quoted text>
I did recite the 200+ year history of our debt for obvious reasons. Obama is president.

It it Obama's responsibility to Man Up and put forward Deficit Reductions for His Budgets, not 10 years into fantasy land.

Ft Lauderdale

#15 Feb 19, 2011
Ooops. "did" should have said "didn't"...

Ft Lauderdale

#16 Feb 19, 2011
Hypocrite,
Has it dawned on you that Obama & Congress will not solve Obama's Deficit Crisis by blaming anyone from years ago?

Heal thyself. That means do what everyone else has to do. Man Up & Balance Your Current Budget.
lilya

Location hidden

#17 Feb 19, 2011
quebert wrote:
Hey Washington, WE WON'T PAY and YOU WON'T STAY! And also I think, that America should be destroyed.
Have you made your funeral arrangements yet?

Ft Lauderdale

#18 Feb 19, 2011
quebert wrote:
I love it, Obamaphiles STILL TRYING to blame Bush, guess what f88ks, YOUR MAN's THE ONE IN CHARGE FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW! IT'S YOUR FAULT BIT**ES.
People gave Obama & Dems a chance to put their money where their mouth was for 2 years without a counter balance and saw the dems were worse. Blaming bush for 2 straight years only shows they didn't have a good plan for governing. Now the country is worse off and they continue pointing to a bogey man long gone.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#19 Feb 19, 2011
What mandate? They didn't take the Senate.
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#20 Feb 19, 2011
Yo....boehner......

the people making over $250,000. dollars a year need a few more tax cuts.....

One man in Denver making over $250,000. a year had to pay a whopping $165. dollars in taxes when he filed his income tax for 2010......

it's those damned older people on Social Security that are the problem......
lilya

Location hidden

#21 Feb 19, 2011
LOL wrote:
Yo....boehner......
the people making over $250,000. dollars a year need a few more tax cuts.....
One man in Denver making over $250,000. a year had to pay a whopping $165. dollars in taxes when he filed his income tax for 2010......
it's those damned older people on Social Security that are the problem......
People like you deserve exactly what Islam has in store for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patriot Act Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christie Says He's Ready to Move Past Bridge Sc... (May '15) Mar 29 Fire 4
News House passes NSA reform bill (May '15) Mar 29 Dead Mothers Club 12
News Business Owners Who Employ Illegal Aliens Shoul... Mar '17 13th Amendment 20
News Where 7 Political Careers Stood On Sept. 11, 2001 (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Senate clears White House-backed trade bill (May '15) Aug '16 Ole Miss Heroin 7
News Report: Trump says he'll fund wall by cutting r... (Apr '16) Apr '16 tomin cali 8
News Trump proposes funding wall by cutting off remi... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Toby 3
More from around the web