Two Cents; The self-service state

Two Cents; The self-service state

There are 7 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from May 30, 2011, titled Two Cents; The self-service state. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

I must be getting old. I remember "full service" gas stations. Actually, I worked at one in high school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Stuart from Deming

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 31, 2011
One of the BEST editorial pieces I have ever read. Good Job, Mr. Knapp. You said it all politely and eloquently without offense.
bhest of youst

Columbus, NM

#2 May 31, 2011
I gotta say...

This sounds like a rant from a right leaning Republican. Not the liberal activist and a Senior news Analyst and Media Cooridinator for a Stateless Society.

Now just where is the author Thomas L. Knapp from? New Mexico perhaps? Deming perhaps? How about Las Cruces or even Lordsburg maybe? Naw.. hes sitting behind a desk somewhere East of the big river banging out on a keyboard telling us folks around here that he is using the Liberal part of his political agenda to slam President Obama over his administration to get votes. Funny now aint it Knapp? Vote for change and you got it, not you got it it sucks crap don't it?

And Stuart from Deming liked this artical a heck of a lot. Arn't you the same Stuart with the far left leaning agenda vote Democrat or Dead Stuart from Deming? Hummm... sounds like you found a conservative moderate side inside of you Stuart from Deming after all... because this rant is nothing more than a pysdo side affect from a far left liberal, trying to be more moderate to be accepted by his or her peers and to recuruit more into his liberal propaganda and then slam the door to let them know once caught, they must now convert to the dark, far left side of progressive liberalism.

Sorry Knapp. I am not buying your BS. And Stuart? Nice to be moderate with a side of conservatisim aint it?

But tell me, are you still Democrat or Dead on election day?

I say this to you because you agreed with a man who wants limited government in his ramblings. And that my friend Stuart from Deming, is NOT ON THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WISH LIST.

And Deming Headlight? Still printing crap I see. From people not even from here. Pushing that far left agenda ever so slowly.... Nice job progressive far left liberal media... you fooled some, but still have not fooled me.
Russ

Chicago, IL

#3 May 31, 2011
bhest of youst - Mr. Knapp is a LIBERTARIAN - not a Liberal.
John-Deming

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Jun 1, 2011
Very well said Mr. Knapp. I am glad to see there are some people out there that actually get what is really going on with our government. We need to stop the movement toward big total government control NOW!
RacerX

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 1, 2011
You probably should tie some gasoline soaked rags around your ankles to keep the ants from chewing on your candy a$$.
Sometimes the truth can be painful to a sheep.
bhest of youst wrote:
I gotta say...
This sounds like a rant from a right leaning Republican. Not the liberal activist and a Senior news Analyst and Media Cooridinator for a Stateless Society.
Now just where is the author Thomas L. Knapp from? New Mexico perhaps? Deming perhaps? How about Las Cruces or even Lordsburg maybe? Naw.. hes sitting behind a desk somewhere East of the big river banging out on a keyboard telling us folks around here that he is using the Liberal part of his political agenda to slam President Obama over his administration to get votes. Funny now aint it Knapp? Vote for change and you got it, not you got it it sucks crap don't it?
And Stuart from Deming liked this artical a heck of a lot. Arn't you the same Stuart with the far left leaning agenda vote Democrat or Dead Stuart from Deming? Hummm... sounds like you found a conservative moderate side inside of you Stuart from Deming after all... because this rant is nothing more than a pysdo side affect from a far left liberal, trying to be more moderate to be accepted by his or her peers and to recuruit more into his liberal propaganda and then slam the door to let them know once caught, they must now convert to the dark, far left side of progressive liberalism.
Sorry Knapp. I am not buying your BS. And Stuart? Nice to be moderate with a side of conservatisim aint it?
But tell me, are you still Democrat or Dead on election day?
I say this to you because you agreed with a man who wants limited government in his ramblings. And that my friend Stuart from Deming, is NOT ON THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WISH LIST.
And Deming Headlight? Still printing crap I see. From people not even from here. Pushing that far left agenda ever so slowly.... Nice job progressive far left liberal media... you fooled some, but still have not fooled me.
Thomas L Knapp

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 3, 2011
Dear bhest of youst,
I was born just east of the Big River (in Memphis, Tennessee), but have lived west of it since I was an infant. Right now, I'm as far east as I've ever lived as an adult, just west of the river (close enough that if I walk down the block from my house to get the right angle, I can see St. Louis's Gateway Arch, which is right on the river, to my east).
And no, I'm not a Republican (right-leaning or otherwise).
Regards,
Tom Knapp
remotecontrol

Mcconnelsville, OH

#7 Jun 3, 2011
I like what you have to say, even if you use a lot of big words!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patriot Act Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ron Paul: The only Patriot Act reform is total ... (May '15) May 10 Llibertatarian 10
News This is why the first 100 days is a 'ridiculous... Apr 26 Trump your President 52
News Christie Says He's Ready to Move Past Bridge Sc... (May '15) Mar '17 Fire 4
News House passes NSA reform bill (May '15) Mar '17 Dead Mothers Club 12
News Business Owners Who Employ Illegal Aliens Shoul... Mar '17 13th Amendment 20
News Where 7 Political Careers Stood On Sept. 11, 2001 (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Senate clears White House-backed trade bill (May '15) Aug '16 Ole Miss Heroin 7
More from around the web