Outdoor Fuel Storage

Outdoor Fuel Storage

Posted in the OSHA Forum

Safety Man

West Sacramento, CA

#1 Mar 10, 2012
OSHA regs are a bit fuzzy when it comes to Outdoor Storage of Combustible Fuel Dispensing operations. In particular, I have 2 500 gallon self contained storage tanks for fuel (diesel) dispensing that are located adjacent to a Cat Generator. Does anyone else think that this is unacceptable? I have photographs that I can send to anyone that needs a better frame of reference.
Robofudd

Salem, OR

#2 Mar 19, 2012
The OSHA rule on flammable liquids is based on an old NFPA standard. My advice is you have the local fire authority look at the situation. If they're okay with it (and get it in writing), OSHA will have a really hard time saying otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Princeton DHHR employees complain of sick building (Oct '09) May 16 JustTired 32
News Bechtel-Affiliated Projects Recognized For High... May 1 Pantex 1
Subsurface holes Apr '15 Three Wheeler 1
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) Apr '15 Paddy 18
News OSHA Orders Pilot To Be Reinstated After Being ... Apr '15 yeah 2
News John Deere Greeneville Struts Their Stuff Mar '15 Whatever 6
News Mesothelioma Lawyer Johnson Still Worries About... (Aug '07) Mar '15 mikya123 7
More from around the web