US Labor Department's OSHA cites Little Falls, N.Y., paper mill for 33 safety and health violatio...

Oct 30, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Osha.gov

29, 2009 Contact: Ted Fitzgerald Phone: 617-565-2074 US Labor Department's OSHA cites Little Falls, N.Y., paper mill for 33 safety and health violations after worker is caught in machine Burrows Paper Corp.

Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LF Loser

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Who was the person hurt?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

LF Loser wrote:
Who was the person hurt?
Does it really matter? What purpose is it other then sheer curiosity that makes this information vital to your existence?
mill mouse

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

LF Loser wrote:
Who was the person hurt?
Rich Reed
Wilber

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Screw OSHA. The union should have used the incident to push for raises, and fix the safety issues in house.
Just ask Saturn.
maint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Judged:

mill mouse wrote:
<quoted text>Rich Reed
the only thing hurting on reed is his belt.
Union-Pres

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

The safety issues ARE being fixed in house...read what you just wrote...it pretty much says, who cares about safety we want more money, if a guy gets hurt, oh well show me the money. Thats a wrong attitude. the negotiating table is where you fight for money. you dont do it by sacrificing someones life.... We followed all the proper steps BEFORE OSHA was called in....
Wilber wrote:
Screw OSHA. The union should have used the incident to push for raises, and fix the safety issues in house.
Just ask Saturn.
Union-Pres

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Judged:

you guys are brutal.....thats frigging funny, but remember whay reedy says "ya ever had a 350# man latched around your neck?"
maint wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing hurting on reed is his belt.
ICE

Fernley, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

I work for one of there paperpacking plants in reno nevada. and that place sucks to. there are nothing but flips and mexicans there and they dont speak english. ever try to be trained by someone that dont speak english. they harrass all the american wokers so they will quit. the flips get away with anything. and these people are militant showing pics of them holding automatic wepons on there Iphones. there packing machines are out of date. and they complain when they lose work. I think I.C.E. should have a look. they will be surprised what they smell. bill burrow you suck.
ICE

Fernley, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

I worked for burrows paper packing plant in reno nevada. it was the worst job i ever had. 90% of there work force are flips. they team up on white workers so bad they quit. and the flips are realy stupid. in my 3 years of working there they have lost taco bell,burgerking,dominos pizza, and the reason is the flips dont know what they are doing. burrows paper knows this. they dont care.because the flips are a tax right off. and there is no inventory tax in nevada. so they stock pile there paper there. and take it from there to other states when needed. also they say the freemasons are running burrows paper too. bill burrow you realy suck.
Stinky winky

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

ICE wrote:
I worked for burrows paper packing plant in reno nevada. it was the worst job i ever had. 90% of there work force are flips. they team up on white workers so bad they quit. and the flips are realy stupid. in my 3 years of working there they have lost taco bell,burgerking,dominos pizza, and the reason is the flips dont know what they are doing. burrows paper knows this. they dont care.because the flips are a tax right off. and there is no inventory tax in nevada. so they stock pile there paper there. and take it from there to other states when needed. also they say the freemasons are running burrows paper too. bill burrow you realy suck.
You have quite the fertile racist imagination. Freemasons?
just FYI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

The incident occurred April 28, 2009. The news release is dated October 29, 2009. Just fyi.5361
No News Release

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

just FYI wrote:
The incident occurred April 28, 2009. The news release is dated October 29, 2009. Just fyi.5361
There never was a news release.
Billy was able to keep this out of the papers and oss TV news.
I bet that cost him more than the $150K he could be fined.

It's time for more news on this.
Time for an update.
necron 99

Fernley, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

No News Release wrote:
<quoted text>
There never was a news release.
Billy was able to keep this out of the papers and oss TV news.
I bet that cost him more than the $150K he could be fined.
It's time for more news on this.
Time for an update.
this guy has his money working for him everywere. i use to work in reno paper packing plant. runned by keith pierson this guy thinks he can do anything to anyone i have seen him shit on his employees and getaway with it.and nobody will do anything about it. he hires filapinos who are very hard to work with. and are not very smart. what made me quit is hearing these flips talk about how much they hate americans. and americans are dumb. that was the last straw. see you pull a monkey out of a tree, give him a job. and this is how they thank america.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••