Utica, N.Y., contractor faces $111,000 in U.S. Labor Department OSHA fines for scaffold and fall ...

Oct 28, 2008 Full story: Osha.gov 26

28, 2008 Contact: Ted Fitzgerald Phone: 617-565-2074 Utica, N.Y., contractor faces $111,000 in U.S. Labor Department OSHA fines for scaffold and fall hazards at city worksite Company cited in 2006 and 2007 at ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
carol

Gorham, ME

#1 Oct 30, 2008
thisisvery low
Who cares

Salem, NJ

#2 Oct 30, 2008
Why would we care if a company used a bunch of illegals to do a job?
Leroy Jenkins

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2008
Who cares! Our new president is an illegal too. You going to sue him?
Michael

Rome, NY

#4 Nov 8, 2008
who was the company ?

Since: Nov 08

Camillus, NY

#5 Nov 9, 2008
Precision Contracting. Despite of how it may appear, they (the owner and staff) are honest hard working men. This is spitework. The violations may indeed exist, however, if the person who turned Precision in pockets where being fattened it wouldnt have been a problem. These guys are proffesionals, There are many shining examples of their fine work in various locations throughout the Mohawk Valley including the amazing transformations of the Mohawk Street Shopping Center and Brandegee Garden Apartments for starters. Someone will inevitabley bump their head or hit their thumb with a hammer at every job site. Give these guys the benefit of due process before judging. They might have been having a bad day at the time of the inspection.THe fact is they do have time to remedy the situation and avoid the fines. Lets apply the innocent until proven guilty philosophy to these people. Precision Contracting,who employs a great deal of refugees, is not the only business recently sighted for OSHA violations.Granny's Kitchens, another major employer of the Utica area was sighted three times as much as Precision but they also employ three quarters of the area's refugee population Giving people fleeing their countries to spare their lives a chance to start over, get our of the welfare system and support themselves and have a sense of pride.

John Berube of Precision Contracting is a good man who you will see at church EVERY Sunday.
Michael

Rome, NY

#6 Nov 11, 2008
too bad, its a shame people are vindictive like that*

* reference SLA
The Truth

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Nov 14, 2008
Dame Deville wrote:
Precision Contracting. Despite of how it may appear, they (the owner and staff) are honest hard working men. This is spitework. The violations may indeed exist, however, if the person who turned Precision in pockets where being fattened it wouldnt have been a problem. These guys are proffesionals, There are many shining examples of their fine work in various locations throughout the Mohawk Valley including the amazing transformations of the Mohawk Street Shopping Center and Brandegee Garden Apartments for starters. Someone will inevitabley bump their head or hit their thumb with a hammer at every job site. Give these guys the benefit of due process before judging. They might have been having a bad day at the time of the inspection.THe fact is they do have time to remedy the situation and avoid the fines. Lets apply the innocent until proven guilty philosophy to these people. Precision Contracting,who employs a great deal of refugees, is not the only business recently sighted for OSHA violations.Granny's Kitchens, another major employer of the Utica area was sighted three times as much as Precision but they also employ three quarters of the area's refugee population Giving people fleeing their countries to spare their lives a chance to start over, get our of the welfare system and support themselves and have a sense of pride.
John Berube of Precision Contracting is a good man who you will see at church EVERY Sunday.
John Berube is a thief and a liar. I know it and he knows it, and if you really knew him, you'd know it. Who cares if he goes to church every Sunday? WTF does that matter? There are crooks in every church every Sunday and Berube is no exception. Have a nice time in jail.
homedepot employee

Syracuse, NY

#8 Nov 16, 2008
Most Contactors around here are theives and liars. The only reason they employ refugees is so they can pay them 10 bucks and hour but charge their customers 20 bucks an hour for their labor. Then the contactor keeps the extra 10 bucks. They use the guys they employ as a means to line their own pockets with more money. If they have 5 men working for them they are getting paid $100 an hour and giving the guys who are doing all the work only $50. These so called "contractors" have just made $50 an hour to do nothing but be smarter than the desperado who needs a job or needs money to support a crack habit. Take Keith Brucker for example. An X-Drug Dealer Crack Addict thief who turns "Contractor" to look like he is a legit decent human being when he is still a theif. He hires crack addicts, pays them cheap, makes money on them and has no conscience that they are killing themselves and their families thanks to him "supporting" their habits. He takes advantage of desperate men who do the work for him and go out and steal equipment from other contractors for him. Wonder why his house was never searched for stolen property that was missing from Decent Contractors. He makes money doing nothing and he calls it sub-contacting. he gets a job for 5 grand, finds someone else to do it for 2 and makes 3 just for finding someone else to do the job. Is this contracting? I have honestly lost my faith in hiring any decent contractor in this area. Do it Yourself! it's the only way not to get ripped off by someone who is posing as a hard working individual.
larry

New York, NY

#9 Nov 16, 2008
anyone heard of steve rock contracting? was wondering if he's worth hiring.

Camillus, NY

#10 Nov 17, 2008
steve rock is a decent guy. yes ive heard of him and he's a funny shyt too! him and his freind too tall cioch! he's done some work for a friend of mine who is an older lady and could have easily taken advantage of her but didnt (and the lady's best friend is an admin assistant at Gaetano's..what's that tell you??)

hire him.
Jeff

AOL

#11 Nov 17, 2008
is that the same guy steve ragusa?
larry

New York, NY

#12 Nov 17, 2008
Dame Deville wrote:
steve rock is a decent guy. yes ive heard of him and he's a funny shyt too! him and his freind too tall cioch! he's done some work for a friend of mine who is an older lady and could have easily taken advantage of her but didnt (and the lady's best friend is an admin assistant at Gaetano's..what's that tell you??)
hire him.
thanks!
in my opinion

New Hartford, NY

#13 Nov 19, 2008
larry wrote:
<quoted text> thanks!
ur welcome steve!!
larry

New York, NY

#14 Nov 20, 2008
in my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
ur welcome steve!!
hate to rain on your parade as*hole, but i'm not steve!!!!!believe what u wanna believe though! i heard of him, and was just wanting to know of his rep. and maybe i'll hire him, for your info! so go suck it!!! then dig and dig and maybe you'll be able to find out who i am, and then you'll see that i'm NOT steve!!!!!!

Camillus, NY

#15 Nov 23, 2008
larry wrote:
<quoted text>hate to rain on your parade as*hole, but i'm not steve!!!!!believe what u wanna believe though! i heard of him, and was just wanting to know of his rep. and maybe i'll hire him, for your info! so go suck it!!! then dig and dig and maybe you'll be able to find out who i am, and then you'll see that i'm NOT steve!!!!!!
HEY!! im not an as*hole! I didnt mean to type "steve" steve probably doesnt know this website exists and would feel like a movie star if he knew he was being talked about. Watch your mouth anyway.Im not an as*hole but you are a JERK.
saint james st

Syracuse, NY

#16 Feb 24, 2010
all you people hiding behind your computers talk a bunch of crap you know nothing about,all you are a bunch of whimps you must of gotton your ass whipped by kevin skippy keith ray or eugene or you would be using your real name not home depot chump or drummer boy or guitar boy whatever you call yourself come on out from behind your computer & bring it on im ready for you and im sure the rest of the crew is to kevin is

Since: Feb 10

Bangor, ME

#17 Feb 25, 2010
If thre is a moderator on this forum: Why must we be careful what language we use but can defame anyone BY NAME? This is insane and the boards should be held legally responsible. I'm showing this to my attorney. Can anyone say "Class Action"?
Church Goer

Lake Placid, NY

#18 Feb 25, 2010
Church goers are the biggest hypocrites!

I see them out with their girlfriends on friday nights,
Then I see them out with their wife and kids on a saturday night.
Just because you throw a few bucks in the collection basket,( because of guilt ) doesn't make these hypocrites decent and respectful members of the community.
concerned

Syracuse, NY

#19 Feb 25, 2010
Careful Steve Rock is a crook like the others, he did my mothers roof for $4500 and it didnt even last three years before it was falling apart and leaking, plus he never reinstall the gutters, and I tried forever to get him to come back and fix the leaks, he never did. You've been warned
the hockey god

United States

#20 Mar 29, 2010
remind me not to get him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red tags coming off Ukiah's Palace Hotel Dec 2 The Fear tator 18
Would You Like a Beer With That OSHA Training? (Feb '09) Dec 1 hwm 19
OSHA fines Stamford for asbestos at police HQ Nov '14 Robby Rob 3
OSHA Training Restricted by OSHA (Mar '12) Nov '14 beachcontractor 3
Cost of compliance with OSHA residential standa... Nov '14 beachcontractor 1
Not an "accident": Milton Hernandez, 22 suffers... Nov '14 derriel morgan 1
Federal Agency Warns That Border Patrol Is At R... Oct '14 Guess Who 2
More from around the web