Titan Tire hit with $140,000 in penalties

There are 5 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Titan Tire hit with $140,000 in penalties. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

A factory here that manufactures giant tires has been slapped with $140,000 in new fines for two willful violations of workplace safety regulations following inspections begun after a steam explosion last November hurled a 5,000-pound piece of equipment through the ceiling and onto the plant's roof.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

clone benson

Bryan, OH

#1 Jun 25, 2009
i guess this means ,they wont be hiring me, go figure
B Berry

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 3, 2010
I was there, should have finished press before cooking the tire
Gotta get it right

Findlay, OH

#4 Jan 21, 2011
The employees there are a bunch of whiny cry babies. Oh poor babies...don't want to actually have to work to make the money...what a joke.

UNIONS SUCK
unions kick ass

Medina, OH

#5 Aug 31, 2011
How can you say they don't work and unions suck, probably because you couldn't get a job there and are living off 200 $ a week unemployment that we pay for you. If production workers put in the overtime they make 70,000 a year, because of a bad ass union and they have to work there ass off. Don't be jealous
Hereasy

Fayette, OH

#6 Oct 3, 2011
Unions do nothing but cost tax payers money...they rob the companies creating the need to bail outs and bankruptcy...they are a total joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bechtel-Affiliated Projects Recognized For High... Fri Pantex 1
Subsurface holes Apr 23 Three Wheeler 1
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) Apr 22 Paddy 18
News OSHA Orders Pilot To Be Reinstated After Being ... Apr 16 yeah 2
News John Deere Greeneville Struts Their Stuff Mar '15 Whatever 6
News Mesothelioma Lawyer Johnson Still Worries About... (Aug '07) Mar '15 mikya123 7
News OSHA Investigating Accident Involving Garbage C... Mar '15 Who Was Driving 1
More from around the web