South Side business ablaze same day a...

South Side business ablaze same day as 23 OSHA citations issued | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 14, 2011, titled South Side business ablaze same day as 23 OSHA citations issued | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire at a South Side chemical-processing business on the same day the company was cited for 23 safety violations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Nobama

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 14, 2011
Typical government agency driving a company out of business. People are going to line up to move their factories to Ohio so they can pay $70,000 fines to OSHA. This job killing agency needs to go. The interference of having OSHA inspectors probably distracted the workers from their duties, thus causing the fire. Get rid of taxes, fire unneeded government regulators and let's restore Ohio's FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM to its rightful place.
Darwin

United States

#2 Apr 15, 2011
Nobama wrote:
Typical government agency driving a company out of business. People are going to line up to move their factories to Ohio so they can pay $70,000 fines to OSHA. This job killing agency needs to go. The interference of having OSHA inspectors probably distracted the workers from their duties, thus causing the fire. Get rid of taxes, fire unneeded government regulators and let's restore Ohio's FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM to its rightful place.
I can't tell if this is serious or not. That's how bad the right has gotten.
GlitterSucks

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 15, 2011
"There was about suspicious, said Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Doug Smith."

Can someone please translate this sentance for me?
boing

Mount Gilead, OH

#4 Apr 15, 2011
OSHA needs to be disbanded , they prey on businesses to pay their own wages , they dont help workers they close small businesses .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Managers May '17 Billyandgrace 1
News High temps, no water, no breaks for workers in ... May '17 AZPat 1
News NY companies that face fines still reap subsidies Mar '17 TOUGHFEM 3
News Nissan faces safety fine in Mississippi as unio... Mar '17 Mikey 7
Med box question Feb '17 Concerned 1
Study Visa in USA Or Scholarship Need Help Feb '17 alfraqaisalkarni 1
News Who Is Protecting Flight Attendants and Travel ... (May '09) Feb '17 alfraqaisalkarni 4
More from around the web