OSHA investigates death at Walmart

OSHA investigates death at Walmart

There are 16 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 20, 2011, titled OSHA investigates death at Walmart. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The Occupational Health and Safety Bureau of New Mexico has launched an investigation looking into the circumstances surrounding the death of a Walmart worker who was found hanging upside down from a forklift.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

done

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Apr 20, 2011
Mark wrote:
I we sure he wasnt beaten by a cop with a flashlight?
Give it a rest would you?! There is nothing funny about this.
Just Saying

Tuba City, AZ

#3 Apr 20, 2011
Not Funny!

Since: Apr 11

Tijeras, NM

#4 Apr 20, 2011
TO MARK:
Seriously son, are you on drugs?! Why would you intentionally want to hurt, an already hurting family? Your comment has no merit, is not funny, and I personally think you need to seek counseling. How or why could you be so cruel? If this had been YOUR daddy, would this be the kind of responses you would like to see in print? My word!! My condolences to the family. It's bad enough that this tragedy has taken a family member from you, but now OSHA is involved and the outcome may not be good. Pray for this family in their time of need. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
Rhom

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 20, 2011
@Goin2Heaven - Neither is all the publicity that this event is gathering. Not to mention at all the lack of facts that was present before printing. There is real news out there, this company should go and actually cover that. I hardly consider a death at walmart news.
If you want real condolences then your anger should be directed at the paper
Avenge

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Apr 21, 2011
Rhom wrote:
@Goin2Heaven - Neither is all the publicity that this event is gathering. Not to mention at all the lack of facts that was present before printing. There is real news out there, this company should go and actually cover that. I hardly consider a death at walmart news.
If you want real condolences then your anger should be directed at the paper
If this story could help to save the life of one other person, it is newsworthy. You wouldn't think that stocking shelves at Walmart could cost you your life, but any time there is heavy equipment involved, or work that is off the ground, there is a risk. Proper training and use of safety systems will alleviate the risks. A little education goes a long way.
My condolences to the family and friends of the man who lost his life.
WOW

United States

#7 Apr 21, 2011
Rhom wrote:
@Goin2Heaven - Neither is all the publicity that this event is gathering. Not to mention at all the lack of facts that was present before printing. There is real news out there, this company should go and actually cover that. I hardly consider a death at walmart news.
If you want real condolences then your anger should be directed at the paper
Wow, they find a man hanging upside down from a forklift at Walmart and this isn't news??? So then what is "real news"???? Just curious.
Goin2Heaven

Tijeras, NM

#8 Apr 21, 2011
To Rhom:
In response to your comment: I'm not angry at anyone. I'm just shocked that someone could be so callous and cruel to an already tragic situation. Yes, there is a lot of publicity on this, perhaps because of the circumstances surrounding the incident. As for the lack of facts, I agree with you there. It's a huge chain store that wants everything "Hush-hush", lest they lose a buck for the possibility of negligence on their part. Mind you, this is purely speculation and not fact and is my opinion only. As for there being "real news out there", what type of stories would you prefer to read. Perhaps contacting the Editor and giving him or her ideas would help you get the news you enjoy reading. Just a thought. Have a beautiful blesses day!!
My Piece

Fort Defiance, AZ

#9 Apr 21, 2011
When its Bilagaana news then they don't want it publicize, but if its Native Americans then they go all out with their cruel accusations, etc.
Go Back Under Your Bridge

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Apr 21, 2011
Kosher Frank wrote:
Clean up in aisle three?
Go away, Frank the Troll. And "wet cleanup", that's the best you can come up with at your leisure, sitting in front of your sticky keyboard? The guy didn't drown, you idiot.
Kosher Frank

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Go Back Under Your Bridge wrote:
<quoted text> Go away, Frank the Troll. And "wet cleanup", that's the best you can come up with at your leisure, sitting in front of your sticky keyboard? The guy didn't drown, you ****.
I guess not everyone has a sense of humor, some people are just pathetic pieces of excrement such as yourself!
Black Label Society

Mesa, AZ

#13 Apr 21, 2011
Kosher Frank wrote:
Clean up in aisle three?
Something like this happens and it brings out F towns finest citizens!
Kosher Frank

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Apr 25, 2011
Just recently awarded the key to the city of F town
2coolTROLL control4792

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Apr 25, 2011
Goin2Heaven wrote:
To Rhom:
In response to your comment: I'm not angry at anyone. I'm just shocked that someone could be so callous and cruel to an already tragic situation. Yes, there is a lot of publicity on this, perhaps because of the circumstances surrounding the incident. As for the lack of facts, I agree with you there. It's a huge chain store that wants everything "Hush-hush", lest they lose a buck for the possibility of negligence on their part. Mind you, this is purely speculation and not fact and is my opinion only. As for there being "real news out there", what type of stories would you prefer to read. Perhaps contacting the Editor and giving him or her ideas would help you get the news you enjoy reading. Just a thought. Have a beautiful blesses day!!
TROLL
2coolTROLL control

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Apr 25, 2011
Black Label Society wrote:
<quoted text>
Something like this happens and it brings out F towns finest citizens!
So you are 3 people here I see. TROLL
2coolTROLL control

Grand Junction, CO

#17 Apr 25, 2011
Mom's home,I have to go!
2cool TROLL control

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Apr 27, 2011
2coolTROLL control wrote:
Mom's home,I have to go!
TROLL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Electrician injured at Boyd has died (Aug '06) 8 hr D secret 2
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) Aug 23 KC crane op 19
News First responders describe scaffolding collapse Aug 21 Raylin Sutter 1
News Family Dollar fined over repeat violations Aug 16 BPT 9
News Georgia recycling firm cited by OSHA Aug 13 Captain Justice 1
News How Did Porn Star Derrick Burts Get HIV? (Dec '10) Jul '15 elh 21
News Lapham-Hickey Steel faces more than $200K in fi... (Jan '08) Jul '15 Eyewitness 31
More from around the web