Straight dope on the Brazilian Blowout

Straight dope on the Brazilian Blowout

There are 2 comments on the PittsburghLIVE.com story from May 27, 2011, titled Straight dope on the Brazilian Blowout. In it, PittsburghLIVE.com reports that:

JoAnne Klimovich Harrop is a Pittsburgh Tribune-Review staff writer and can be reached at 412-320-7889 or via e-mail. There is no argument that the Brazilian Blowout hair-straightening treatment works wonders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PittsburghLIVE.com.

South Hills EMT

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 May 27, 2011
My sister lives in CA. I went to visit her in April and commented on her healthy, straight hair. She told me about the Brazilian Blowout, of which I had never heard. In my eyes it was fairly expensive, but when she told me that she had it done 11 months ago, I could not believe it. My hair is short and I am going to keep it that way, but for ladies with longer hair it appears that the BB is well worth the money.
Wow but you are vacuous

New Kensington, PA

#2 May 27, 2011
An EMT, eh? Did you read the article? The concerns over the amount of formaldehyde released during the blow drying and flat-iron processes? The fact formaldehyde is a classified as a human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer? That many area salons have decided to stop doing it, while others do it sparingly?

And you claim to be healthcare work? A trained EMT?
Some fools will take any risk in service to their vanity, apparently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Managers Mon Billyandgrace 1
News High temps, no water, no breaks for workers in ... May 9 AZPat 1
News NY companies that face fines still reap subsidies Mar '17 TOUGHFEM 3
News Nissan faces safety fine in Mississippi as unio... Mar '17 Mikey 7
Med box question Feb '17 Concerned 1
Study Visa in USA Or Scholarship Need Help Feb '17 alfraqaisalkarni 1
News Who Is Protecting Flight Attendants and Travel ... (May '09) Feb '17 alfraqaisalkarni 4
More from around the web