Target Corp???? Burned at work!!!

Target Corp???? Burned at work!!!

Posted in the OSHA Forum

Sidney

Louisville, KY

#1 May 2, 2011
I work at a Starbucks within a new Target store. I was recently burned on our coffee air pots and I asked the HR person if there was anyway I could get burn cream for my burn all across my hand that later blistered real bad and left a scar and she said that Target has a policy that they are not aloud to give out vurn cream because if it were to react on my hand they would be liable for it...? She said if I wanted burn cream I would have to go on the floor and buy my own burn cream even though they had some in the First Aid kit. Does that sound at all true?? or ethical? They didn't file an incident report although I wanted to they just kind of ignored me and they didn't send me home or to the hospital and they didn't even let me take a 15 minute break or anything because I was the only closer that day. I wonder if Target really does have that policy or was she just thinking that i'm some ignorant teenager who wouldn't think anything of it?? Alot of people that i've talked to about this have said that they violated Osha regulations and that I should do something about it.
Safety Retiree

Pearland, TX

#2 May 9, 2011
Target isn't the only company who hides injuries.

More hide them than record them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recordability for Terminated Employee Dec 12 Safetyismylife 1
Silica Standards Osha Looking for resources Nov 30 GMEN3X 1
OSHA question (regard to 'forced' standing). (Dec '06) Nov '17 Donny 4
Tiebacks for swing stage Nov '17 DLockhart 1
News New England Ski Area Operator Sets New Helmet R... Oct '17 Fat Bastard 1
Are Corneal Flash Burns a recordable OSHA injury? Sep '17 Jackie 1
OSHA Lost Time Injury?? Sep '17 Jackie 1
More from around the web