Contractor Fined in 2nd Bridge Death

Full story: PaintSquare

A Tennessee contractor is facing a new round of health and safety violations-its fourth case in six months-involving the death of a second worker on a massive bridge rehabilitation project.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Unlawful Workers

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Disgusting piece of chit! These are NOT jobs Americans won't do but a greedy company cutting corners on employees who have no right to be here in the first place! The company should be shuttered and the owners thrown in jail!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

"Both accidents involved undocumented workers, authorities said."

No both involved "illegal aliens" as defined by federal language. Cut the PC crapola.

Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)§ 212(a)(9)(B)(i)(I) and (II), 8 U.S.C.§ 1182(a)(9)(B)(i)(I) and (II)
wtf_ Really-

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

nomoreillegals2 wrote:
"Both accidents involved undocumented workers, authorities said."
No both involved "illegal aliens" as defined by federal language. Cut the PC crapola.
Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)§ 212(a)(9)(B)(i)(I) and (II), 8 U.S.C.§ 1182(a)(9)(B)(i)(I) and (II)
"]"Both accidents involved undocumented workers, authorities said."
...SUPPRISED THE_LOOK THE OTHER WAY_POLICE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT...LOL

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

talk about giving America away! i thought that crap only happens in ca.

again if you think illegal aliens only do the jobs citizens will not do look at it this way,place your own job title in the box where this is said being all jobs are will fall into this.

some of these jobs pay over 100,000 a year .

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Once again the typical excuse, "Hispanic Workers ‘Did Not Fully Understand’" doesn't cut it here. There should not have been any illegals on this work site or any other....the chances for these kinds of work accidents only increases when there are illegals who do not "fully understand" the importance of following job safety protocols. Shoddy shortcuts cause problems down the road which could endanger lives. This contractor needs to lose his license.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

teddyr4me wrote:
Once again the typical excuse, "Hispanic Workers ‘Did Not Fully Understand’" doesn't cut it here. There should not have been any illegals on this work site or any other....the chances for these kinds of work accidents only increases when there are illegals who do not "fully understand" the importance of following job safety protocols. Shoddy shortcuts cause problems down the road which could endanger lives. This contractor needs to lose his license.
that is the kind of work i have been doing bridges overpasses. anyone on the job who cannot speak english will make for an unsafe work place. common sense plays a big part in the work place. our best ppe is ourselves and coworkers when you cannot communicate with all it is unsafe.
and an unsafe fool can get all hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent OSHA Discussions

Search the OSHA Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Olivet Management faces $2.3M in OSHA fines for... Apr 8 I hate rats 1
Little Falls company cited for OSHA violations Apr 8 Caution wet floor 1
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr 4 Missmedezi 87
Clarifying OSHA’s Periodic Lockout-Tagout Proce... Apr 2 OSHA Training Services 1
Greenpeace hanging between buildings Mar 30 Fall protection guy 1
Could this be a cause for serious safety concerns? Mar 28 Caleb 1
Worker hurt at what city calls illegal construc... Mar 26 Holotta Wytrache 2
•••
•••
•••
•••