After 2 St. Paul workers hurt in cras...

After 2 St. Paul workers hurt in crash, city urges driver care

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 27, 2011, titled After 2 St. Paul workers hurt in crash, city urges driver care. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

As two St. Paul Public Works employees remained hospitalized today after a car struck them Tuesday, the city appealed to drivers to be safe in work zones.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“....careless whisper.”

Since: May 10

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 27, 2011
91 year old woman? Typical gang-banger.... probably had her music up too loud, dark tint on her windows... I know the type.
Nurse Lynne

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 27, 2011
There should be a cut off date for operating a motorized vehicle at age 90. Before that milestone, it should be on a case by case basis with family imput involved.
Smartass

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 27, 2011
OK OK. 91 year old might not be able to drive much, but also the cones and few blinky lights don't avoid a crash either. Call the U S Army and get one of those tanks to park where we have workers who would be in the line of danger.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Nurse Lynne wrote:
There should be a cut off date for operating a motorized vehicle at age 90. Before that milestone, it should be on a case by case basis with family imput involved.
Nurse? I'm ready to have my prostate cleansed.
who knew turk 182

Lakeville, MN

#5 Apr 27, 2011
Best wishes to the injured worker and how dare the city council resite the Pledge of Allegiance in America.
zimmerman flew

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#6 Apr 27, 2011
who knew turk 182 wrote:
Best wishes to the injured worker and how dare the city council resite the Pledge of Allegiance in America.
I was kind of shocked they say the pledge as well.

Since: Feb 08

Sandstone MN

#7 Apr 27, 2011
As I said in another thread on this incident:
Where's the outrage? I the driver had been a 30 something male with a BAC of 0.06, the MADD people would be out in droves crying for the drivers head on a stick and the reimplementation of the Volstead act.
The injuries are no different for the driver was drinking, yet one driver is vilified while the other merits a one line mention in article.
Both drivers are equally negligent, both should have know they were impaired.
I doesn't matter why the driver ran me down, I'm just as dead either way.
what

United States

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Nurse Lynne wrote:
remember! not to long ago when a St. Paul city worker struck and killed a school kid, on lexington and marshall? the city worker driving in that case was not a senior, yet! he couldn`t avoide killing the school kid.
Minnesotan in France

France

#9 Apr 27, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>
remember! not to long ago when a St. Paul city worker struck and killed a school kid, on lexington and marshall? the city worker driving in that case was not a senior, yet! he couldn`t avoide killing the school kid.
He couldn't avoid it because the kids dip shite friend pushed him into the street
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Apr 28, 2011
I'd like to think that the Director of the Public Utilities Commission might have an opinion concerning baricades or some other safety equipment for when workers are working under bridges and in the shadows. Ellen Anderson is beginning to remind me of Sonia Morphew-Pitt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
osha 300a Jan 10 Cel47 1
OSHA Lost Time Injury?? Dec 27 Safetyismylife 2
Recordability for Terminated Employee Dec '17 Safetyismylife 1
Silica Standards Osha Looking for resources Nov '17 GMEN3X 1
OSHA question (regard to 'forced' standing). (Dec '06) Nov '17 Donny 4
Tiebacks for swing stage Nov '17 DLockhart 1
News New England Ski Area Operator Sets New Helmet R... Oct '17 Fat Bastard 1
More from around the web