Federal, state agencies promote labor...

Federal, state agencies promote labor rights at consulate

There are 6 comments on the www.pe.com story from Aug 30, 2011, titled Federal, state agencies promote labor rights at consulate. In it, www.pe.com reports that:

Federal and state officials were at the San Bernardino Mexican consulate Monday to send a message to immigrant workers, whether legal or illegal: You have rights and the government will go after employers who try to violate them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pe.com.

American Eagle

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Aug 30, 2011
Sorry folks, but illegal is illegal.
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Aug 30, 2011
They shouldnt be worrying if illegal mexicans are being treated unfairly.
THEY SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS AND GOOD JOBS FOR AMERICAN CITIZENS..PERIOD.
COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP YOUR FRIENDS. The government is aiding and abetting illegals CUZ THEY CAN.
John

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2011
I am no mexican, but I see a lot of american citizen not working because they don't want to do hard work, such as painting, cleaning rest rooms, houses or offices, cutting grass at noon when the sun is high, roof repairing in the Summer, delivering news paper everyday at 3 am, etc, etc,etc. I'm sorry, but I see colombians, peruvians, etc doing these works. In many years living in USA until today I have not seen only one white american doing these works. They're not taking jobs from americans. I'm sorry again.
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Aug 30, 2011
John wrote:
I am no mexican, but I see a lot of american citizen not working because they don't want to do hard work, such as painting, cleaning rest rooms, houses or offices, cutting grass at noon when the sun is high, roof repairing in the Summer, delivering news paper everyday at 3 am, etc, etc,etc. I'm sorry, but I see colombians, peruvians, etc doing these works. In many years living in USA until today I have not seen only one white american doing these works. They're not taking jobs from americans. I'm sorry again.
You may or may not be mexican. But you are definitly a foreigner arent you? Are you legal?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 31, 2011
And the illegal alien aiding and abetting NRLB has signed an agreement to allow illegal aliens a fair wage. Yea that's the ticket give more rights to those who are well ILLEGALLY IN OUR COUNTRY and by law are not allowed to work.

http://news.yahoo.com/labor-secretary-hilda-l...

“George Soros & The Dummy!”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 31, 2011
Publius51 wrote:
And the illegal alien aiding and abetting NRLB has signed an agreement to allow illegal aliens a fair wage. Yea that's the ticket give more rights to those who are well ILLEGALLY IN OUR COUNTRY and by law are not allowed to work.
http://news.yahoo.com/labor-secretary-hilda-l...
I think you mean NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) who is headed by Wilma Liebman, which is unrelated to the story you linked. The story you linked is about the Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis and the pact she's made on behalf of the Obama administration with Latin-American countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OSHA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utica, N.Y., contractor faces $111,000 in U.S. ... (Oct '08) Apr 24 Shhhhhh 28
Med box question (Feb '17) Apr 21 Tinknockerr-30ins... 2
No lunch break full time work Mar 30 Jerry higginbotham 3
News CT Firefighters Free Man Stuck in Printing Mach... Mar 27 America Gentleman... 4
Inconsistent Scheduling? Mar '18 Valerie190 1
News Pa. machine maker cited for exposing workers to... Mar '18 weapon X 3
News News analysis: After scandal in Wisconsin, Ashl... (Oct '15) Mar '18 Jackwagon 2