Fifty years later, U.S. marchers urge...

Fifty years later, U.S. marchers urge fulfilment of King's 'dream'

There are 5 comments on the The Star Online story from Aug 24, 2013, titled Fifty years later, U.S. marchers urge fulfilment of King's 'dream'. In it, The Star Online reports that:

Tens of thousands of marchers converged on Washington on Saturday to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech and to urge action on jobs, voting rights and gun violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Online.

“Don't put MY kids on the line”

Since: Aug 13

Do it yourself

#1 Aug 24, 2013
"Tens of thousands of marchers" "the predominantly black crowd"

Martin Luther King Jr. lead 250,000 people with 25% of them being White. At age 4 I was glued to the TV watching it and followed the great Doctor until he died.

However, for this year's anniversary rally there was too much publicity about how it was going to be used as a platform to complain about trayvon's self-defense shooting that I simply didn't watch it. From the looks of the far lower than expected attendance I wasn't the only one turned off by it..

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

#3 Aug 24, 2013
Amazing maybe...isn't that something something for everyone..

Maybe they will March again for a cause to have one would be needed...

America's Americans though they are taken care of?

Freedom come and Kingdom"s Castles...???
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Aug 24, 2013
With Obama encouraging eugenics policies against American Blacks and funding organizations decimating the Black communities with abortion, it's a wonder anyone showed at the march. The huge Black unemployment rate and managed angers now killing White toddlers out of pure viciousness have started to renew a widespread distrust of Black youth. Obama has set Black citizenry back fifty years, countering anything MLK said and did, by outrageously having Federal employees promoting a race war (in total alignment with the Farrakhan delusions Obama embraced for twenty years.)
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#5 Aug 24, 2013
Martin Luther King said"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".An injustice was committed against Chris Lane in Oklahoma.He was murdered.Al Sharpton only protests when an"injustice"is committed.What is Al Sharpton's conception of"justice"and for whom?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#6 Aug 24, 2013
Fifty years later & you lazy good for nothing morenos are still collecting welfare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dog rescued after fall into crack at Volcanoes ... Oct 7 DILF 1
News White's City sells for $1.55 million (Jul '08) Jul '15 Sports fan 65
News Parades, hot dogs, cold beer: America celebrate... Jul '15 Miss Id 1
Confederate Battle Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jun '15 cleaburn 1
News Military Park removes some Confederate items fr... Jun '15 private guy 1
Civil War Reenactments Jun '15 MikeS 1
More from around the web