Concert update: Music Under the Stars...

Concert update: Music Under the Stars, Santana, Enrique Iglesias

There are 34 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 19, 2011, titled Concert update: Music Under the Stars, Santana, Enrique Iglesias. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The city's Museums and Cultural Affairs Department has announced its 10-concert Music Under the Stars schedule - and the Chamizal National Memorial has announced a ban on alcohol during the three months the series runs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
el cholo

El Paso, TX

#1 May 19, 2011
crappy line up- no alcohol!? no noche ranchera? they need to change the comittee that picks these bands and whats up with splitting frontera bugalus slot?
El paso does it again by messing up what was working fine!
OjO

El Paso, TX

#2 May 19, 2011
I like the ban!! Sorry to all of you drunks!
el cholo

El Paso, TX

#3 May 19, 2011
I like the ban!! Sorry to all of you drunks!
apology accepted! sort of
el cholo

El Paso, TX

#4 May 19, 2011
on another alcoholic related note- hey dumbas doug pullen how bout posting how and where to get the permits pendayho?
Chabelita

El Paso, TX

#5 May 19, 2011
Shit...it only takes one or maybe several to ruin it for everybody...

I do want to go see Santana..
Ray

El Paso, TX

#6 May 19, 2011
I support the alcohol ban!
G Man from El Paso

Washington, DC

#7 May 19, 2011
No info on how to obtain permit
US ARMY

San Francisco, CA

#8 May 19, 2011
It's free ( right ) -- someone is at least trying to make an effort...groups should get better with time/experience----
Juan

El Paso, TX

#9 May 19, 2011
I will no longer support Santana in any way.
In a response to being given a civil rights award in Atlanta he had the audacity to say that unemployed Black, Hispanic, and White Americans who want jobs held by illegal aliens are as racist as those who turned the hose and dogs on Martin Luther King and civil rights protesters in the 1960s.
"Well Mr Santana, screw you and your thoughts" you lost a fan forever.
regattadeblanc

Haskell, TX

#10 May 19, 2011
Hey Carlos,

Chairman Mao called from his grave....He wants his hat back....Stick to the music, Senor Mahavishinu
RU Sure

United States

#11 May 19, 2011
el cholo wrote:
on another alcoholic related note- hey dumbas doug pullen how bout posting how and where to get the permits pendayho?
Doesn't matter "dumbas" you won't get a permit.
el cholo

El Paso, TX

#12 May 19, 2011
jiji das rite my fren! i wont!!
RU Sure

United States

#13 May 19, 2011
el cholo wrote:
jiji das rite my fren! i wont!!
Nice humor, pretty funny.
Hoser

Washington, DC

#14 May 19, 2011
US ARMY wrote:
It's free ( right )-- someone is at least trying to make an effort...groups should get better with time/experience----
You'd think that after 28 years they'd have gotten better!
http://www.elpasotexas.gov/mcad/summerprogram...
Opinion

United States

#15 May 19, 2011
Juan wrote:
I will no longer support Santana in any way.
In a response to being given a civil rights award in Atlanta he had the audacity to say that unemployed Black, Hispanic, and White Americans who want jobs held by illegal aliens are as racist as those who turned the hose and dogs on Martin Luther King and civil rights protesters in the 1960s.
"Well Mr Santana, screw you and your thoughts" you lost a fan forever.
Who Cares Juanito, it's not like you wake up in the morning and fix breakfast for Carlos or shine his shoes for all that matters,just get yourself a box of Kleenix instead.
Hey Zebra

United States

#16 May 19, 2011
G Man from El Paso wrote:
No info on how to obtain permit
I thought you went by the name of AZTECONE? oops I meant KKK.
thetruthaboutyou

El Paso, TX

#17 May 19, 2011
speaking rock serves booze im skipping muts plus the line up is better, im going to predict failure.
build it

El Paso, TX

#18 May 19, 2011
Juan wrote:
I will no longer support Santana in any way.
In a response to being given a civil rights award in Atlanta he had the audacity to say that unemployed Black, Hispanic, and White Americans who want jobs held by illegal aliens are as racist as those who turned the hose and dogs on Martin Luther King and civil rights protesters in the 1960s.
"Well Mr Santana, screw you and your thoughts" you lost a fan forever.
Okay Juan, here's the deal. I looked up about 8 articles regarding this issue. Not one had a quote by Mr. Santana calling unemployed Blacks, Hispanics, and White Americans racist for wanting jobs by any illegals. He did say those who passed the law should be ashamed, and the law is meant to create fear and so forth. Even every headline used said Mr. Santana was admonishing those who passed the law. Articles went on to state many believe the law is racially motivated. However, what you claimed he said, just isn't there. I invite you to post a link to an actual article where he said what you claim he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-ap-b...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/daily...
http://www.spinner.com/2011/05/16/carlos-sant...

Just three examples.

You have every right to disagree with Mr. Santana...but get your quotes right and don't twist the truth. Thats what the fear-mongering right of the country want to do.
Give me a Break

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#19 May 19, 2011
Let’s be realistic, the only reason that alcohol is ban from this event is because the city and county ARE NOT making any money off the alcohol. I tell you with a straight face that if the city or the county would be making money off any sell of alcohol it would not have been an issue because they are making money. Just look at the sports park as an example, drunks, fights, trash….and it’s not a big deal. Why because they are making money by selling alcohol!
As for the Santana concert, I attended the last one he held in El Paso. As much as I like his music and what he does to promote and give young talent an opportunity to show case their talents, the venue is not a forum for him to discuss his political and religious views. We paid to hear his songs and band. Several people that were there, to include myself will never attend another Santana concert for that reason.
puro soco

Laredo, TX

#20 May 19, 2011
O K PEOPLE TAKE YOUR GATORADES,WATER,OR MILK,BUT PLEASE DONT LEAVE ANY EMPTY THRASH BEHIND,IF THAT WAS THE PROBLEM WITH LEAVING EMPTY CAN BEERS,THEIR IS STILL GOING TO BE THRASH AFTER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge sends accused Cuyahoga Valley National Pa... Thu Walkin Boss 1
News Is a Five-Year-Old Earthquake Still Affecting t... Aug 24 Shake and Bake 1
News Malibu pot farms cleared by task force (Jul '09) Aug 11 Jamalfernandez 64
Civil War Reenactments (Jun '15) Jun '16 trump sux 2
News More Jun '16 UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 2
News Thousands of atheists gather in DC for Reason R... Jun '16 John McCharlie 13
National Parks, I Love You With All My Heart, B... May '16 Easydoesit2 1
More from around the web