Recovery efforts underway for body of climber killed in Rocky Mountain National Park avalanche

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

A team of park rangers, assisted by two members of Rocky Mountain Rescue, left the Lawn Lake Trailhead before dawn Thursday morning, March 21, to resume recovery operations for the body of David Laurienti.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2013
Great

Estes Park, CO

#1 Mar 21, 2013
When will we get an update on the total amount of money raised for the pigeon-toed dog, or the dog-toed pigeon?
Speaking of an update

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Did the get him out on Thursday? Friday? Any followup? C'mon - a member of the community died. Isn't this important enough to keep up to date on?
Yes

Broomfield, CO

#3 Mar 24, 2013
The recovery teams got him out. Memorial service at Hyde Chapel on Saturday. Gee--I'm not even a part of the newspaper and I was able to ask around and find out!!! I should start my own newspaper...
You should

Broomfield, CO

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Call it the "Lazy Times", because you don't even bother to use a local internet service provider.
For

Broomfield, CO

#5 Mar 25, 2013
pete's sake---here we go again---I can't see Prospect Mountain from where I live...so I have to get my high speed from Centurylink----I am so glad people don't have anything better to worry themselves with than where my internet comes from!! GEEZ!!!!! You who's from Broomfield!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Island back open to visitors after bears ca... Aug 28 Natural 2
Yellowstone visitation up so far this year Jul '14 Marten 1
Fourth of July attracts crowds to National Mall Jul '14 King Arthur 1
Good News For Boaters: Lake Powell Rising Due T... Jun '14 near Padre Bay 1
The Great Park Time Zone Puzzle, Or...."What Ti... Jun '14 near Padre Bay 1
Largest One-Day Cleanup Collects 7.3 Tons of Tr... Jun '14 Dale Sr 2
Annual Pass Price Going Up from $25 to $35 on M... Jun '14 Charles 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••