Gettysburg Foundation president quits...

Gettysburg Foundation president quits after three months

There are 8 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 27, 2010, titled Gettysburg Foundation president quits after three months. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Barely three months into his role as president of the Gettysburg Foundation, retired U.S. Navy Rear Adm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Shaka

Denver, PA

#1 Jan 27, 2010
"It wasn't just that he didn't want to sit down," she <Dru Neil> said. "I think he wanted to get his feet wet a little bit."

Huh?

Couldn't he just have gone into the Cyclorama gallery to get his feet wet?
DARK STAR

Manchester, PA

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Bring back the electric map.
Toilet Freckles

Westminster, MD

#3 Jan 28, 2010
The battle was fought about 150 years ago people.. this is crap, get someone solid in there and get it together. Focus on what this is really about.. its not about you..
Jethro BoBo

York, PA

#4 Jan 28, 2010
Anyone who has worked in middle management for any company knows the corporate-level Secret Code of "... has decided to pursue other opportunities."

If someone believes that, call me about some beautiful swampland I have for sale in Florida, LOL.
Civil War scholar

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jan 28, 2010
Give Dr. John Latschar the job. He a good man who has already done a lot of great work for Gettysburg and certainly could do a lot more.
Pete

York, PA

#6 Jan 28, 2010
Jethro BoBo wrote:
Anyone who has worked in middle management for any company knows the corporate-level Secret Code of "... has decided to pursue other opportunities."
If someone believes that, call me about some beautiful swampland I have for sale in Florida, LOL.
Yep! It's true! We canned him and that, indeed, caused him to decide to pursue other opportunities!
Pete

York, PA

#7 Jan 28, 2010
Jethro BoBo wrote:
"We canned him just like we're canning our response to you!"
Hammity

Denver, PA

#8 Jan 28, 2010
When a Navy officer who served on submarines for many years finds his feet getting wet, he takes that for a bad sign. He left because he could see
the "train wreck" coming down the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Parks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge sends accused Cuyahoga Valley National Pa... 17 hr Walkin Boss 1
News Is a Five-Year-Old Earthquake Still Affecting t... Wed Shake and Bake 1
News Malibu pot farms cleared by task force (Jul '09) Aug 11 Jamalfernandez 64
Civil War Reenactments (Jun '15) Jun '16 trump sux 2
News More Jun '16 UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 2
News Thousands of atheists gather in DC for Reason R... Jun '16 John McCharlie 13
National Parks, I Love You With All My Heart, B... May '16 Easydoesit2 1
More from around the web