Many returning soldiers have unrecognized brain injuries

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

By Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY At least 20,000 U.S. troops who were not classified as wounded during combat in Iraq and Afghanistan have been found with signs of brain injuries, according to military and veterans ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
retired01 crossville TN

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

What about all the brain injurys inflicted on veterans from other wars? Especially those who were in Artillery and mortar combat situations.
Danny Reneau

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

If the injury is related to the war why is it not included in the satistics? Are we being mislead on everything over there?
Noticer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Wait'll the illnesses that result from our veterans' exposure to Depleted Uranium in Iraq hit the charts.

The Bush Syndicate has been scurrying frantically to cap funding for veteran health benefits in preparation for it.

"Support the troops," indeed.

"Culture of life," indeed.

“Perp Walk Obama,Reid & Pelosi!”

Since: Apr 07

Central California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

10 percent of our troops MAY have Brain Injuries... While 100 percent of the Enemies troops ARE, or WILL Suffer from Fatal Injuries... I'd say that was a Win/Win.
Irish Lass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

The longer this conflict lasts, the more health concerns surface. WHAT'S NEXT? We are becoming a nation of "walking wounded". Where, and when will it ever end? I, myself, am a Military Widow, and I say it is way beyond the time. Stop it NOW!
retired01 crossville TN

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

No. I believe that all this is brought up to make a case against the war. It wasn't brought up about people with brain damage from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, or Desert Storm, why? You know why as well as I do. To beat-up Bush and the on-going war. Far more veterans had brain damage from WWII and Korea then any other war. Anybody with combat experience would know this because of the terrible pounding our troops took by the Germans, Japs, and North Koreans and Chinese. Another one of those, you don't need to be a rocket scienctist to figure this out. No one even complained about those brave men and women having brain damage. Believe me I'm not beatin' up on the present day warriors by no means, but what about the others too?
Hope

Goldendale, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

This is unacceptable!!!! We will be serving these veterens and their families problems that develope from these brain problems for decades. What is wrong with our country that we cannot even think about self preservation verses the buck???
Marija

Macedonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

This is the first time I hear that Americans have brains at all!

I am only sorry for the innocent people of Iraq.
shorty

Hertford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Marija wrote:
That is not funny.

These squadies are fighting for us.For our future, you can at least respect them.
Love

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

"War against terrorism" is hell on earth wanted by Mr. Bush, one of the greatest bandits on earth. War brings war and avenge. Where has this oil-dumb man studied history? Power and money are the only things he's interested in. Like so many other stupied people. God save them!

He knew all about 9/11 before. And all he could say the day after, was: "Let's say our prayers". Hypocritical devil!!!!

WAR HAS NEVER BEEN A SOLUTION!
ONLY LOVE CAN SAVE THE WORLD!!!
GI Bet your a wimp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Love wrote:
"War against terrorism" is hell on earth wanted by Mr. Bush, one of the greatest bandits on earth. War brings war and avenge. Where has this oil-dumb man studied history? Power and money are the only things he's interested in. Like so many other stupied people. God save them!
He knew all about 9/11 before. And all he could say the day after, was: "Let's say our prayers". Hypocritical devil!!!!
And a few well placed nukes.

“Perp Walk Obama,Reid & Pelosi!”

Central California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Love wrote:
Interesting name for someone who's entire rant is based on Hatred.
Andrew

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Thats a shocker every war does that to ppl but they didnt say that in their story did they?
Diane

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

If you want a war I will give you one Mr Edward Brewster. I too voted and believe me it wasn't for Pres. Bush! My son is in Iraq for the second time serving this country that you call home. Granted he may have been sent for reasons other than the one that did cause some to be fooled but he gives his life everyday for people like you. That makes me sick! I have lost one child in my lifetime and do not intend to loose another. As far as your slander of our soldiers intelligence in your post...my son is studying medicine and planning on becoming a physician. I suppose once again he will be drawn into a world of serving ingrates such as yourself!
check it out

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is classified as a brain injury. It's about adreniline, hormone damage, etc. PTSD is a damage of the brain and memory.
Glory

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Marija wrote:
Those "brainless" Americans that you are referring to are there to fight for your right to express yourself in this way. Go to Iraq and try critiing the government there and see how far you will get.

“PC at Duke. Enough already!”

Since: Jan 07

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

retired01 crossville TN wrote:
What about all the brain injurys inflicted on veterans from other wars? Especially those who were in Artillery and mortar combat situations.
Excellent Question

We worked with hundreds and hundreds of these guys in 1974 and 1975 after they returned from South East Asia.

They will have short term memory problems with expressive language problems.

Many family problems also.

I will pester the VA Monday

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Love wrote:
Go to http://www.topix.com/forum/source/wbir/TF12C8...

And start reading the over 800 names of unarmed Americans who have lost their lives because we were too afraid to take on the terrorists. the youngest victim was only 9 months old. 9 months. the one of the oldest was a disabled WWII veteran. The Muslim terrorists shot him in the head while his wife watched then they dumped him and his body overboard.

We gave peace a chance and all it did was get a whole lot of innocent unarmed Americans killed. The time has come to strike back and hurt them right where it hurts them the most.

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Dumped him and his wheelchair overboard
Sorry about that thinking faster than I can type again.
Frederick Richman

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

The sad part is the Gov't is aware that
what is being 'discovered' now is only
a small percentage of the actual numbers
experienced IRL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••