Marines Fight to Keep Camp Pendleton ...

Marines Fight to Keep Camp Pendleton Crosses

There are 40 comments on the Fox News story from Apr 12, 2012, titled Marines Fight to Keep Camp Pendleton Crosses. In it, Fox News reports that:

Planted atop a remote hill in the middle of California's Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base rest two 13-foot crosses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#21 Apr 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, the cowardly Marines that put up the crosses never got permission from the base Commander in the first place, probably because they knew it would never be granted.
[email protected] I spent 6 years serving at Pendleton. Knew it pretty well and I can tell you there are more crosses there than you fidiot atheists will EVER know about.
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#22 Apr 13, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>[email protected] I spent 6 years serving at Pendleton. Knew it pretty well and I can tell you there are more crosses there than you fidiot atheists will EVER know about.
I spit on your crosses...they are symbols of evil...rotten high tech evil in a nation of lies

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Apr 13, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>[email protected] I spent 6 years serving at Pendleton. Knew it pretty well and I can tell you there are more crosses there than you fidiot atheists will EVER know about.
And we'll have them removed as we find them. I pull out those stupid roadside cross "memorials" whenever I get the chance.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#24 Apr 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And we'll have them removed as we find them. I pull out those stupid roadside cross "memorials" whenever I get the chance.
Ever bother to go to a Mosque and pester the Muslims? Didn't think so.... You brave brave atheist you..... HA HA HA HA HA

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#25 Apr 13, 2012
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I spit on your crosses...they are symbols of evil...rotten high tech evil in a nation of lies
Hmmmmm,ain't got the balz to enter a Mosque and talk your cheap sh1t. What a couragous atheist you must be. And all of 14,whoduthunkit.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#26 Apr 13, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Ever bother to go to a Mosque and pester the Muslims? Didn't think so.... You brave brave atheist you..... HA HA HA HA HA
They don't try to put up their symbols on public property like the christians are constantly trying to do.

It's like you're all so insecure about your fairytale you require constant affirmation from the govt & others.
navy corpsman

San Diego, CA

#27 Apr 13, 2012
Thousands of men have given their life and thousands more are putting their life on the line so you can have this "freedom". Now this cross that you can not even see offends you. How dare you try to have a cross taken down, close your eyes...oh wait that right you cant even see it!
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Crosses gotta come down.
If it wasn't meant to be a religious memorial as they claimed, then they wouldn't have used the symbol of christianity. Or are they now claiming the cross isn't representative of christianity?
If they want a war memorial, fine- put up a flag pole or whatever. But as long as it's on government property, they can't promote christianity over other religions.
Rattle Kattle

Casselberry, FL

#29 Apr 14, 2012
navy corpsman wrote:
Thousands of men have given their life and thousands more are putting their life on the line so you can have this "freedom". Now this cross that you can not even see offends you. How dare you try to have a cross taken down, close your eyes...oh wait that right you cant even see it!
<quoted text>
Freedom....our monsters in uniform do not know the meaning of the word

Putting their life on the line..what a bunch of bull.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 Apr 14, 2012
navy corpsman wrote:
Thousands of men have given their life and thousands more are putting their life on the line so you can have this "freedom". Now this cross that you can not even see offends you. How dare you try to have a cross taken down, close your eyes...oh wait that right you cant even see it!
<quoted text>
So it's okay to violate the constitution so long as people can't see it?

Good to know. Then we can start banning all churches which you can't personally see. I guess slavery is okay too, because all you have to do is not look when you drive by the cotton fields. I don't have a wife and don't see my mother or sister on election day, so I guess it's okay to ban women from voting too.

Promoting christianity over all other religions on public property is unconstitutional, whether people can see it or not. If you want a memorial specifically for christian Marines, the put it on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Btw, I was stationed at Pendleton and HAVE seen the area where the crosses are.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#31 Apr 16, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's okay to violate the constitution so long as people can't see it?
Good to know. Then we can start banning all churches which you can't personally see. I guess slavery is okay too, because all you have to do is not look when you drive by the cotton fields. I don't have a wife and don't see my mother or sister on election day, so I guess it's okay to ban women from voting too.
Promoting christianity over all other religions on public property is unconstitutional, whether people can see it or not. If you want a memorial specifically for christian Marines, the put it on PRIVATE PROPERTY.
Btw, I was stationed at Pendleton and HAVE seen the area where the crosses are.
Your right to not believe in a higher Power,A God if you will,is fine andd dandy. But YOUR "right" to non-believe doesn't extend to infringing on OTHER'S rights to believe OR have their religigous symbols removed if a MAJORITY aren't offended by them. Since the chance of YOU or about any other atheist going to the site for the view its not your concern whats placed there by whom or for what reason. Untold THOUSANDS of American service personel are buried beneath crosses,gonna demand THEY be removed? Don't like religion? You don't have to participate. Want to bust a nut on religion? Go protest at a mosque.....
Watsdotcom

Wattsburg, PA

#32 Apr 19, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be wrong- I'm sure that's not the first time for you.
I'm actually an athiest who was raised catholic. I realized ALL religion was nothing more than fairytales when I was about 10 y/o.
So you don't respect your fellow Marines who happen to be Muslim? Why doesn't that suprise me. You probably don't think blacks or asians or hispanics or women aren't "real" Marines either.
The crosses need to come down because they violate the US constitution.
Athism is religion as well. Religion of ones self. A religion of no God, making yourself the pinnical, worshiping man & his accomplishments. With a religious agenda to destroy christianity more so than any other religion. As a former athiest, christians and there God were targeted far more than any other religion. If you want to take up a cause start protesting all of the muslim symbolism & mosks that have gone up in our country. Or how about all the support obama shows for muslims which is the fastest
growing religion. Both muslims & catholics habe a violent & bloody past. Even though catholics are under the umbrella of christianity its clear they are no more christian than we are. Simple study of their doctrine.& dogma is all one needs. Who cares if the cross is there? I say leave it. Athiest have fallen asleep at the wheel! The focus on christians has left the back door wide open for everyother religion to grow from what was minor status to major. Get refocused

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#33 Apr 19, 2012
Watsdotcom wrote:
<quoted text>
Athism is religion as well. Religion of ones self. A religion of no God, making yourself the pinnical, worshiping man & his accomplishments. With a religious agenda to destroy christianity more so than any other religion. As a former athiest, christians and there God were targeted far more than any other religion. If you want to take up a cause start protesting all of the muslim symbolism & mosks that have gone up in our country. Or how about all the support obama shows for muslims which is the fastest
growing religion. Both muslims & catholics habe a violent & bloody past. Even though catholics are under the umbrella of christianity its clear they are no more christian than we are. Simple study of their doctrine.& dogma is all one needs. Who cares if the cross is there? I say leave it. Athiest have fallen asleep at the wheel! The focus on christians has left the back door wide open for everyother religion to grow from what was minor status to major. Get refocused
I don't see Muslims or any other group trying to force their religion on the rest of Americans like the christians do. I've waged a 30 year battle against christianity and will continue to do so until I take my last breath.
Rattle Kattle

Debary, FL

#34 Apr 20, 2012
What if thye had HUNG Jesus...would Christians wear nooses around their necks instead of crusifixes?
SolidRockfaithDO Tcom

Alfter, Germany

#35 Apr 20, 2012
Let me share this with all of you what want to defend the crosses against atheistic bullying and denial of America's heritage.
I signed petitions against the atheists move here and ask you to join the campaign:
1. Urge Gen. Vincent Coglianese to dismiss the complaints and honor fallen Marines by allowing the crosses to remain.
http://secure.afa.net/afa/activism/TakeAction...
2. Petition To Protect The Cross
http://aclj.org/american-heritage/defending-o...
Watch this video of a memorial to the valor of US soldiers who risked their lives in the Battle of the Bulge in WWII:
Marine Captain

United States

#36 Apr 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. The crosses should come down, or allow others to put up something for the Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Wiccan, Athiest, etc. The govt isn't allowed to show favortism to just christianity.

REAL Marines know that.
REALMarines??? Are you kidding me! If you WERE a Marine, I sure hope you find that quality that was instilled in your weak minded body years ago!!! It's called respect! That of which you have forgotten in your post! JJDIDTIEBUCKLE!! Try and remember those traits before letting your fingers pounce on that keyboard!
Marine Captain

United States

#37 Apr 21, 2012
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is a form of politics.....not one religion has ever proved anything. Our Marines urinate on corpses in Afghaistan then claim to be christians...our Marines are filth, their symbol should be urine. Dead Marines....oh well...urinate on their faces and lives and memories for all I care.
OUR Marines! I think you have proven that WE are not your Marines. Time to claim a different force. Try one in a different country next time.
Marine Captain

United States

#38 Apr 21, 2012
lolol wrote:
Why don't you big talking liberal weinies go and try taking the crosses down yourselves and let the Marines know you're coming. You are the type of worthless chaff that would spit in arlington cemetery or demand the crosses be removed from Normandy, Iwo Jima etc. Just cause no one would ever care to mark your courageous passing in combat doesn't mean you speak for the majority. Wastes of good oxygen you are.
No don't let us know you are coming, the element of surprise is what we live for! But yes, tell them to take them down themselves, don't think that would happen.
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#39 Apr 21, 2012
Marine Captain wrote:
<quoted text>
OUR Marines! I think you have proven that WE are not your Marines. Time to claim a different force. Try one in a different country next time.
The Marine Corps...symbol is ...death, urine and stupidity.

We are accomplishing nothing with these wars....ZERO

The Marines should be defending OUR borders and should be kicked out of the mideast.

Our rotten corrupt nation is a disgrace always invading...always arrogant....we have very few heroes
Marine Captain

Haslet, TX

#40 Apr 21, 2012
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>The Marine Corps...symbol is ...death, urine and stupidity.

We are accomplishing nothing with these wars....ZERO

The Marines should be defending OUR borders and should be kicked out of the mideast.

Our rotten corrupt nation is a disgrace always invading...always arrogant....we have very few heroes
Should not be much longer kittie katty.
R-Berry

Decatur, IL

#41 Jun 20, 2013
In the General order given on July 9th 1776 it states, "the general hopes and trust that every officer and man, endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country."--Now the reason I put this here is because soldiers are currently being punished for their Christian beliefs and acting as Christians.--So why is this order important? because this order was given by the highest ranking member ever of the Armies, George Washington. So unless their is someone of greater rank that can overturn this order (which there is not) this order is to be followed. This rank was given to him by Congress. Here is the LAW congress passed: 94TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
2ND SESSION
Joint Resolution
to provide for the appointment of George Washington to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States.
----------
Whereas Lieutenant General George Washington of Virginia commanded our armies throughout and to the successful termination of our Revolutionary War;
Whereas Lieutenant General George Washington presided over the convention that formulated our Constitution;
Whereas Lieutenant General George Washington twice served as President of the United States of America; and
Whereas it is considered fitting and proper that no officer of the United States Army should outrank Lieutenant General George Washington on the Army list: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That(a) for purposes of subsection (b) of this section only, the grade of General of the Armies of the United States is established, such grade to have rank and precedence over all other grades of the Army, past or present.(b) The President is authorized and requested to appoint George Washington posthumously to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States, such appointment to take effect on July 4, 1976.
Approved October 11, 1976.
Live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, spreading the gospel is an act of a Christian as the bible and Christ tells us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Marine Corps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio Star Fair reopening kiddie, other "low-imp... Jul 29 sally 6
News Congress considering new 'tax' on troops for GI... Apr '17 Jim L 1
News First Marines punished for online conduct follo... Apr '17 Ex Senator Stillb... 2
News U.S. Marine Corps looking into nude photo scand... Mar '17 Ann 38
News Trump Likely To Send 1,000 More Troops To Take ... Mar '17 Cordwainer Trout 2
News President Obama's 'Starbucks salute' brews disc... (Sep '14) Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 3
News Here's How Two Former Marines Started a Success... Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1
More from around the web