REDSKINS: The clock is now ticking on...

REDSKINS: The clock is now ticking on changing the name

There are 1 comment on the The Nation story from Feb 11, 2013, titled REDSKINS: The clock is now ticking on changing the name. In it, The Nation reports that:

It's an awkward fact of life in Washington DC that we are the home of both the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian and the Washington Redskins.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Nation.

Mike Blevins

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Feb 11, 2013
It is time for the P.C. crowd to back off. There are way more important things going on in the world today for them to focus their energy on. The Redskins are tradition and the name needs no change.
If we must change the name i have some ideas: Washington Cesspool, Washington Liars, Washington Idiots and Washington Donothings are but a few. How about Washington Bullets? That has a nice ring to it. Or maybe Washington Rednecks. As a redneck myself I would be very proud for them to pick that name to represent my relatives and I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberal Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pat Robertson: God Put 'Ungodly' Hollywood Gays... 9 hr Gaybriel 6
News Alabama Makes It Even Harder for Poor to Vote 16 hr Bama Yankee 1
News Enter the Bear: Does Russia plan air strikes on... 17 hr Cassandra_ 3
News White Man Shot Dead by Police in London 23 hr Gdadepoopoo Ebola 6
News Pat Robertson's Latest Apocalypse Just Got Pers... 23 hr President Bernie 1
News Former Colin Powell Aide: GOP Is 'Full of Racists' (Oct '12) Tue swedenforever 14
News Pat Robertson Tries To Explain Polygamy In The ... (Jul '14) Tue swedenforever 33
More from around the web