A very personal diary but in light of...

A very personal diary but in light of DOMA it should be said

There are 12 comments on the www.dailykos.com story from Dec 15, 2012, titled A very personal diary but in light of DOMA it should be said. In it, www.dailykos.com reports that:

I know that this is an anonymous diary and coming out on it is probably strange to do, but after thinking about the possibility of DOMA reaching its way to the Supreme Court and given the ongoing discussion on gay marriage, repairative therapy, and equality, I thought it'd be good to take the truth and use it to wipe away the idiocy surrounding the debate on this issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dailykos.com.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#1 Dec 15, 2012
It is not for society to decide whether gay people should be allowed to marry and/or have children -- they are going to do those things anyway, compelled by the forces of nature so eloquently described by anonymous in this article. The only decision society has to make is whether those gay families and their children will be treated like outcasts, or whether they will be given a plce at the table. Of the christians in this country we ask: What would Jesus have done?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Umninimuzi wrote:
It is not for society to decide whether gay people should be allowed to marry and/or have children -- they are going to do those things anyway, compelled by the forces of nature so eloquently described by anonymous in this article. The only decision society has to make is whether those gay families and their children will be treated like outcasts, or whether they will be given a plce at the table. Of the christians in this country we ask: What would Jesus have done?
Why did you single out Christians ? Firstly, there are many Christians that support equality for us. Secondly, there are millions of Jews and Muslims who are as bad as, and even worse than, many Christians when it comes to equality for us.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 16, 2012
Very honest, and unfortunately far too typical story. It is a shame that people are made to feel so many negative feelings about something they can't control.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
Very honest, and unfortunately far too typical story. It is a shame that people are made to feel so many negative feelings about something they can't control.
Ya mean like voting for The Obamaniac ?

:)
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Dec 16, 2012
they can call themselves anything they want
married
shacked up
partners
lovers
civilly joined
but..........
it will never change what they actually are, never change normal peoples feelings or perceptions. So, let them do what they want, it's still 2 dudes or 2 gals. Just thank god they can't procreate.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#6 Dec 16, 2012
lolol wrote:
married
shacked up
partners
lovers
civilly joined
but..........
it will never change what they actually are, never change normal peoples feelings or perceptions. So, let them do what they want, it's still 2 dudes or 2 gals. Just thank god they can't procreate.
I'm gay not infertile.

I also know of many gay men and lesbians who have biological children.

But it's nice to know you view your own marriage and your Mother's marriage as nothing more than a human version of puppy mills.

Makes me wonder what stupid pet tricks you've trained your wife to perform. On second thought I'd best not think of those things. I pity your wife enough already.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 16, 2012
What would you know about normal? You're more involved with Gay issues than most Gays.

THAT'S not normal.
lolol wrote:
married
shacked up
partners
lovers
civilly joined
but..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Dec 16, 2012
A very good piece of writing.
SLIF

Brampton, Canada

#9 Dec 16, 2012
If these straights pushed straight marriage at their kids as much as against gay marriage,there woulds be no more illigitimate babies being born.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#10 Dec 16, 2012
What that heck? Is this a plea for this poor mixed-up guy to be allowed to marry both a man and a woman? I guess that is where we are headed.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Chance wrote:
What that heck? Is this a plea for this poor mixed-up guy to be allowed to marry both a man and a woman? I guess that is where we are headed.
what is it about 1+1=2 is so hard for you to wrap your stunted potato mind around?

It's equality.

Say it with me slowly:

"eeee"
"qwal"
"i"
"tee"

"eee"
"kwal"
"pro"
"tech"
"shun"

"un"
"der"
"tha"
"lah"

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you single out Christians ? Firstly, there are many Christians that support equality for us. Secondly, there are millions of Jews and Muslims who are as bad as, and even worse than, many Christians when it comes to equality for us.
Oh, I must have hurt your feelings, so you're probably a christian.

I singled out the christians for a very simple reason: If you read my post again you'll see that I was addressing the people "in this country" (the US), and most opponents of marriage equality in this country claim to act on the grounds of their christian principles. Not the Muslims or the Jews or the Buddhists or the Hindus -- I don't think there are millions of them in this country -- but the christians. Plain and simple. Yes, some christians support marriage equality -- good for them, they have satisfied themselves that they are acting as their exemplar would have done. But there are still millions of other christians IN THIS COUNTRY who have not thought about that question.

And I will single out the hypocritical christians whenever I feel like it and there's not a thing you can do about it. The Muslims and Jews have never hurt me in this life as deeply as the christians have done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberal Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ICE Has Made Over 41,000 Arrests in Trump's Fir... 12 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 17
News Trump Administration Now Deploying Controversia... 21 hr tomin cali 1
News Trump Admin. Now Deploying Controversial Survei... Sat Wildchild 1
News Obama calls on lawmakers to show 'courage' in h... May 20 Julia 2
caught! comey lies to congress May 18 worldcreator 1
News Alaska's vicious cycle: Warming tundra spews CO... May 16 Baby It s Cold Ou... 1
News New Study Finds Black Voter Turnout Plummeted I... May 14 Just a Little Recon 30
More from around the web