The NRA's Wayne LaPierre Has the Bloo...

The NRA's Wayne LaPierre Has the Blood of Connecticut Students On His Hands

There are 148 comments on the Common Dreams story from Dec 15, 2012, titled The NRA's Wayne LaPierre Has the Blood of Connecticut Students On His Hands. In it, Common Dreams reports that:

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has a 62-page list of mass shootings in America since 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Dreams.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Saint Louis, MO

#167 Jan 3, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are being overly cynical. Most people, even politicians, are not that callous. You sound as though the government engineered those murders of the children as a way of enacting gun laws. That's a little bizarre....
A certain amount of anger has been generated by the belief that the current federal system had orders to rubber stamp OKs for fire arms purchases. That the gift of weapons to Mexican Drug Lords by persons who had given every sign of being pro"gun control" was meant to Show in the numbers (dead). So give an excuse.
Personally I'm willing to accept an explanation of incompetence. Though you can see why some would be angered at a government cold blooded acceptance of the deaths of persons "meaningless" to them. Which the idea of persons willing to fight and even die to protect lives would find sickeningly repugnant.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#168 Jan 3, 2013
Drake_Burrwood wrote:
<quoted text>
A certain amount of anger has been generated by the belief that the current federal system had orders to rubber stamp OKs for fire arms purchases. That the gift of weapons to Mexican Drug Lords by persons who had given every sign of being pro"gun control" was meant to Show in the numbers (dead). So give an excuse.
Personally I'm willing to accept an explanation of incompetence. Though you can see why some would be angered at a government cold blooded acceptance of the deaths of persons "meaningless" to them. Which the idea of persons willing to fight and even die to protect lives would find sickeningly repugnant.
It was a failed attempt to to find the drug lords. The intent was noble enough, but the result was tragic.
Anglosaxon18

UK

#169 Jan 4, 2013
b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>Well I see I made you piss your panties, and far as Vietnam, again I see you have no real world understanding of anything! Prolly not your fault, I'm sure your dictator makes y'all read their edited version of history. Pulling out cause them lil yellow fckers breed like roaches got real expensive trying to shoot all em. See that's back when we had people in office that understood a budget! But that was like 60 years ago.
And nah I'm not a doomsday person, but I'm not an idiot either. History(the unedited dictator version that yall dont get) has taught me that no kingdom last forever! All the mighty ones throughout the end of times has fallen, and history has a tendency to repeat itself. And had we got not got involved in wwII ur azz would be speaking German right now! Hell kicked Japan's azz and then finished up in wwII the Germans was kicking all yalls azzes till we had to save others azzes again! And we have a 2nd rate military??? Bahahaha you and I both know your just being intentionally stupid and silly now! And about your visiting here again! You can stop all that silly nonsense! People don't visit places they hate or think is a sht hole! Like for an example, I think pretty much all of the middle east is a big dusty sht hole and north korea is a horrible dumb too, do therefore I'm not the slightest bit interested in visiting it! So see, you just have a pizz poor argument with weak points and pretty much just reaching trying to pull stupid sht out ur back pocket to say! Like the bible part, see that's where your dictator is suppressing your basic rights as a human again! People are able to believe and worship anything they want here! Which is far better than HAVING to worship yalls incestuous kings and queens bs!! Have you been made to kiss their feet or suck their toes or whatever it is them weirdos do?? Lmao and were called the rednecks when y'all kings and queens are just backwood cousin fckin castle of incest!! Ewwww that's just sick sht!! That's how smart you fckers are! But I see ole lil prince incest got em an American,) ha! Yea how about that! Now you go back to playing on your American made Internet and update your American made Facebook status to I hate America but oh how I see the irony of only being able to voice it on my American invented stuff!! Lmfao that too funny on the irony of that!
Us Brits are born explorers Cleetus, I've seen the stats on Americans who even have passports, it's between 4 to 7%, and so what if I've heard bad stuff about other places in the world, I still want to check em out myself, and silky me didn't even realize I lived in a dictatorship, I thought I lived in a firm Democracy based on law & order, exactly the same system we exported to America when we invented it, and I knew the Vietnam comment would have you frothing at the mouth, it always does with you hick inbreds, do you live in one of those states where your sister is your mother and your father is the local pastors pet pig?, I'd be touchy about that too Cleetus, so what if you think you alone rescued the entire world from the Axis in WW2, that's why we invented you, to do the dying for us, suckers that you are. Now baby Jesus commands you kneel in adoration of your British superiors, so kneel Cleetus boy!!.

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170 Jan 4, 2013
Anglosaxon18 wrote:
<quoted text>Us Brits are born explorers Cleetus, I've seen the stats on Americans who even have passports, it's between 4 to 7%, and so what if I've heard bad stuff about other places in the world, I still want to check em out myself, and silky me didn't even realize I lived in a dictatorship, I thought I lived in a firm Democracy based on law & order, exactly the same system we exported to America when we invented it, and I knew the Vietnam comment would have you frothing at the mouth, it always does with you hick inbreds, do you live in one of those states where your sister is your mother and your father is the local pastors pet pig?, I'd be touchy about that too Cleetus, so what if you think you alone rescued the entire world from the Axis in WW2, that's why we invented you, to do the dying for us, suckers that you are. Now baby Jesus commands you kneel in adoration of your British superiors, so kneel Cleetus boy!!.
Blah blah blah, another comment of no substance! And see your confused about history again. That incestuous monarchy must have y'all's in a coloring book. It was so horrible over there they escaped it! Then kicked y'all's lil sissy azzes! 13 lil ole colonies kicked your azzes then pizzed on it.
You didn't care to comment on all your american hating, while only being able to do it on and because of American made technology huh? Lmao love that irony!! Like china!! We hate you America!! But umm plz invent something new so we can copy it and act like we got inventive brains too!! And how the hell you gonna call anyone over here inbred?? Your owners of yall's azzes are inbred!! geez!! Don't know our history, and seems like you don't even know your own!! Look their past up on that American made site, it will show a king marrying his sister and and one marrying and knocking up his mom, or some sht and all kinds of crazy sick sht!! Sooo that's what you got thinking they know know what's best for you! Ha! All that incest they got, lil prince prolly got a 3rd ear on his azz cheek or an 11th toe as a nipple! See even though our idiots in office got us 16 Trillion in debt, we're still what keeps other countries afloat!! You let your lil dime azz country get 16 trillion in the hole and see what happens!! Ur azzes would be auctioned off like cattle!!

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#171 Jan 4, 2013
Grant wrote:
<quoted text>B_Rad- you are my new idol haha! I loved reading that shit you wrote I am so tired of everyone talking shit on America I am not one to say negative things about other places around the world because I understand there are some unfortunate people out there who were born without a choice in the matter of where they live, their beliefs, or the understanding of why we in the USA do the things we do. But the reason we fight for this as the foreigners call it a .."outdated, white mans only hope of survival second amendment is because one we have the right to, and two because that is what our forefathers expected of us and if we start letting go or not fighting for what's ours now then the landslide will never stop, and Obama is a shitty president no different then the worlds other leaders around the world and uses his beliefs and power to shape our nation around kind of what a dictator would do. And as the minority we lost the election twice. But I will say that is about the only reason we are having this debate we are having right now in the first place because he went into presidency anti gun he was quite verbal about it. But you see he has no control the situation he's pissing in the wind and its too far down the road for him to stop anything. I really wish people would stop using false information when trying to show hatred toward us though if you are going to talk shit come into the fight with facts and the truth because if you do this you will realize you don't have much shit to say bad about us.
That's right! So many wanna sling sht at us, but as soon as their lil punk azzes in trouble they got us on speed dial!! Like north Korea!! All that talk on how they hate us, but then they're like oh yeah, by the way were hungry please feed us!! Think how many less America haters we would have if stop feeding them and let them starve to death!!

I know one thing, them idiots in office is nicer than me. First peep outta one them lil hating azz 3rd world countries about how awful we are and I'd be making an announcement about they Aint getting sht!! Then i'd send it to another one of there hated enemies just to be an ahole about it!! I'd be in the war room standing in front of the tv, saying say something stupid!! I dare ya!! Plzzzzz say something stupid!! Lol
But seriously, it is stupid to feed the people wanting you dead. Like Pakistan hides bin laden and then charges us billions of dollars to help look for him!! O_o Am I the only one seeing something wrong with this sht?? See me, I'd been back in that war room having a dam fit! Lol
Anglosaxon18

Coa, UK

#172 Jan 4, 2013
b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah blah, another comment of no substance! And see your confused about history again. That incestuous monarchy must have y'all's in a coloring book. It was so horrible over there they escaped it! Then kicked y'all's lil sissy azzes! 13 lil ole colonies kicked your azzes then pizzed on it.
You didn't care to comment on all your american hating, while only being able to do it on and because of American made technology huh? Lmao love that irony!! Like china!! We hate you America!! But umm plz invent something new so we can copy it and act like we got inventive brains too!! And how the hell you gonna call anyone over here inbred?? Your owners of yall's azzes are inbred!! geez!! Don't know our history, and seems like you don't even know your own!! Look their past up on that American made site, it will show a king marrying his sister and and one marrying and knocking up his mom, or some sht and all kinds of crazy sick sht!! Sooo that's what you got thinking they know know what's best for you! Ha! All that incest they got, lil prince prolly got a 3rd ear on his azz cheek or an 11th toe as a nipple! See even though our idiots in office got us 16 Trillion in debt, we're still what keeps other countries afloat!! You let your lil dime azz country get 16 trillion in the hole and see what happens!! Ur azzes would be auctioned off like cattle!!
I dont hate America at all Cleetus boy, I've met some ace yanks, it's you personally I dislike, your a typical baby jesus obsessed republican gun loving dick head, I find it so funny how you invent all these excuses for loosing the Vietnam war, yours was a new one tho," the Vietnamese produced babies faster then America could make bullets!, that one is a classic!!. cheers Cleetus, & why do you think your opinions of our royals would upset me?, I'm no fcuking royalist mate, I've no personal hatred of them, but I believe the institution is wrong, although I must admit I have a grudging respect for the Queen, as, she never asked go be queen but has never put a foot wrong in 60 years,and she can have all her money & palaces, because I for one would never want her life.no way!.
Grant

Chillicothe, MO

#174 Jan 6, 2013
Fun acts for the anti gun people: especially from Austraiia!
Australian Gun Law Update:

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts...
Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.
The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
waIn the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.
Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns.... You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.
The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans
NannyHerdingU

Pottstown, PA

#175 Jan 16, 2013
Yup, Austrailia with a population less than 1/10 of the United States. Any statistical comparison probably isn't in proper context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberal Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton: Americans elected 'someone who... 42 min hawaiian punch 44
News House approves $36 billion in disaster aid, res... Oct 13 Xstain Fatwass Ce... 1
News 'That is racism': Black lawmaker condemns Trump... Oct 11 Mick 504
News Trump Does Not Own the Future Oct 8 Watch for Finger 9
News Latinos and Whiteness Oct 8 Johnny 4
News 4 Ways to Ensure That Women of Color Can Parent... Oct 7 Margaret Sanger 1
News Pat Robertson Tries To Explain Polygamy In The ... (Jul '14) Oct 5 marriage trafficking 57
More from around the web