DREAM Act would boost economy, think ...

DREAM Act would boost economy, think tank says

There are 521 comments on the WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg story from Oct 1, 2012, titled DREAM Act would boost economy, think tank says. In it, WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg reports that:

If illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children were given legal status, their improved access to college and better jobs would add $329 billion and 1.4 million jobs to the nation's economy over two decades, according to a report set for release today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#232 Oct 11, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Every slave that was brought here was forced to work. The majority of illegal aliens do not work and those that do are not forced. My point is that those who support illegal immigration do so for the same reasons that slave owners supported slavery. They make money and gain power from it. The Amazing part is that so called liberals and "Latino Rights" groups are actually backing those that are exploiting and profiting from illegal aliens and encouraging more to come here. Reminds me of a Judas goat.
The Mexican government is sending these criminal invaders north......When a prison starts getting full the buses start running north.....

Many never even end up in prison and are given the choice of prison or a bus ride north.....

“ONE NATION ONE FLAG :)”

Since: Aug 11

Pro-illegals are pro-crime!!

#233 Oct 11, 2012
ronnie wrote:
Whites have always had white trash, and have used the welfare system un-wisely. Mexicans have all their savings and portfolios, and investment planning packages, surrounded by welfare, child income tax credit's, free lunch and now breakfast. EBT free health care an on and on... get fking real Rico.The users are illegal aliens and their entire extended family.
American public assistance are for it's citizens if they are in need not for illegal aliens and their anchor brats.
Logic

Denville, NJ

#234 Oct 11, 2012
Everybody's got an opinion on the issue. Arguing about it on a website is not going to change anything. Are u wimps going to do anything about it or keep complaining?? In the meantime there are millions of illegals going about their lives without hating on other people. Lol

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#235 Oct 11, 2012
Quote:The study was released by the Center for American Progress, a Washington-based, left-leaning think tank that supports the DREAM Act:end quote

Of course a study done by a pro-illegal group is going to declare how good it would be to give illegals amnesty!!
What a crock of sh$t!!

Join in the fight to take back America!! http://americanmove.webs.com/

Sign the petition to enforce immigration laws! http://www.change.org/petitions/the-federal-g...

Post your opinion at the topics page. http://americanmove.webs.com/forumstopics.htm
nym8387

United States

#236 Oct 12, 2012
Logic wrote:
Everybody's got an opinion on the issue. Arguing about it on a website is not going to change anything. Are u wimps going to do anything about it or keep complaining?? In the meantime there are millions of illegals going about their lives without hating on other people. Lol
I will tell you what I'm doing about illegal immigration on November 6. Right now We have a problem in the white house that's why We can't do anything about this plauge.

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#237 Oct 12, 2012
Logic wrote:
I am doing all I can do something about the issue illegal aliens.
I will vote for change in November,I am reminding others to vote...
I do things to bring the issues to the fore front such as.......

Join in the fight to take back America!! http://americanmove.webs.com/

Sign the petition to enforce immigration laws! http://www.change.org/petitions/the-federal-g...

Post your opinion at the topics page. http://americanmove.webs.com/forumstopics.htm
US happy

Los Angeles, CA

#238 Oct 12, 2012
Did anyone heard of "fair pay for illegal aliens by Hilda Solis, Secretary of Labor"...????? They're illegal but have alot Latino agencies to protect them ...what about Americans ...soon we all be working to support them...!!!!!
spud the gringo

United States

#239 Oct 12, 2012
Logic wrote:
You can't really blame the illegal aliens for coming here and robbing what doesn't belong to them. The blame has to go to the Democrats and neocons that ignore our laws and do everything they can to encourage this lawlessness.The first thing we need to do is to get rid of Obama and his appointed renegades. After that we can work on the dumping neocons like McCain, Bush, Graham, Boehner etc. etc. Any politician that spins reasons why we can't do without illegal aliens or that Americans won't do this or that job, isn't qualified to represent this country.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#240 Oct 12, 2012
Hiel Hitler wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks are lazy and love welfare. Speak for your own people, otherwise...stfu. Youre boring.
At least they have one thing Mexicans don't, US citizenship, this is their country. If they were in Mexico receiving welfare you could speak on it.

Houston, TX

#241 Oct 12, 2012
Hiel Hitler wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish negro, dont you know this is a capatalistic nation. Even the politicians know illegals pay taxes through ittn numbers which contribute into the medicaid medicare and all the other welfare programs your lazy people enjoy. Get a life.
That we enjoy in our country, not someone else's, like Mexicans do.

Houston, TX

#243 Oct 12, 2012
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>you been brainwashed with hate.
It's as simple as, if you have a ticket you ride and if you don't you step aside.

Have you ever been anywhere else that you couldn't walk to?

Houston, TX

#244 Oct 12, 2012
Logic wrote:
U folks need to stop arguing already. Hating Americans just need to accept the fact that our government will never deport all illegals. It is not beneficial! Our gov and corporations know this!
Not all but most. It'll come to a head. How long do you think California can keep their heads above water before it collapses from illegal alien debt, welfare and freebies?

Houston, TX

#245 Oct 12, 2012
The Maryland dream/amnesty act is just another tax payer supported welfare program for illegal aliens that Americans don't want.

Which will be voted down next month.
nym8387

United States

#246 Oct 12, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are on US soil... you are fully subject to the jurisdiction of the USA.
The chances of carving an exception to the 14th Amendment to disenfranchise citizens born to illegal immigrants are zero. Any federal law setting forth such preposterous proposal will be immediate challenge in federal courts and based on prior United States Supreme Court precedents it will be ruled unconstitutional (see United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898); Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982); INS v. Rios-Pineda, 472 U.S. 444 (1985). In Rio-Pineda case the Justice White wrote his opinion with no dissent stated the following: "RESPONDENT WIFE HAD GIVEN BIRTH TO A CHILD, WHO, BORN IN THE UNITED STATES, WAS A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY. Granted that this statement is dicta and had no bearing on the holding of the case. What is more important is that this opinion was signed off by seven of the Justices (Justice Powell took no part in the consideration of the case) including Chief Justice Burger, Justice Rehnquist and Justice O'Connor, the court's most conservative members. If anyone of these Justices had problems with this language in the drafting of the opinion then the language would have been stricken from the opinion in its final version. What this means simply is that Supreme Court will not overturn prior case law on this matter.
As such, no matter how vocal or hateful the opposition is to these citizens who were born to illegal parents they are citizens of this country.
well if your talking about the kids born to mojados until this point then Yes they are u.s. citizens because they took advantage of a law that shouldn't apply to them and no one is going to make a change to the 14th amendment its just going to be made clear that it should only apply to only those here legally and I'm sure an amendment can be changed as long as it dosent affect any American and illegal aliens are not Americans. No dream act no amnesty and make the 14th amendment clear. Vote for romney.

“ONE NATION ONE FLAG :)”

Since: Aug 11

Pro-illegals are pro-crime!!

#247 Oct 12, 2012
US happy wrote:
Did anyone heard of "fair pay for illegal aliens by Hilda Solis, Secretary of Labor"...????? They're illegal but have alot Latino agencies to protect them ...what about Americans ...soon we all be working to support them...!!!!!
We already supporting this intruders..Our tax money goes to social services and other public assistance..
Dallas

Dallas, TX

#248 Oct 12, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is its ok to be balck, lazy and dependant on social welfare so long as they are citizens? I dont get it.
Dallas

Dallas, TX

#249 Oct 12, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record, there are "Mexicans" in this country who are here legally. You obvioulsy resent Mexicans whether they are here legally or not, otherwise you would be using the term "illegal" instead of Mexicans. Some Canadians, Asians, and Africans are here illegaly, but I dont hear you complaining about them. Picking and choosing is not good.
Dallas

Dallas, TX

#250 Oct 12, 2012
@Spy,rather...picking and choosing constitutes racism. Thats not good coming form a "black" democrat. Lmao! Like you have room to be pejudiced.
nym8387

United States

#251 Oct 12, 2012
Dallas wrote:
<quoted text>And for the record, there are "Mexicans" in this country who are here legally. You obvioulsy resent Mexicans whether they are here legally or not, otherwise you would be using the term "illegal" instead of Mexicans. Some Canadians, Asians, and Africans are here illegaly, but I dont hear you complaining about them. Picking and choosing is not good.
that's because the Canadians,asians and Africans here illegally don't even make up 1% of the amount of illegal Mexicans in this country but don't worry they have to go too
nym8387

United States

#252 Oct 12, 2012
Dallas wrote:
<quoted text>So what you are saying is its ok to be balck, lazy and dependant on social welfare so long as they are citizens? I dont get it.
its not for you to get its none of your business. You bastards really just don't want to except that you don't belong here I can't wait for romney to take office. I swear I will volunteer to help ice get rid of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time for Republican obsession with border secur... 2 min Dee Dee Dee 40
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... 22 min Who guessed it 52
So Illegal Immigration Isna t Inevitable After ... 32 min Dee Dee Dee 1
News When It Comes to Dealing With Illegal Immigrati... 1 hr peruzzi 22
News Obama not taking immigration fight to Supreme C... 9 hr wild child 17
News Illegal immigrants just want a better life 10 hr wild child 14
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 11 hr Anonymous 91
More from around the web