Associated Press Drops 'Illegal Immig...

Associated Press Drops 'Illegal Immigrant' from Stylebook

There are 12 comments on the KVOR-AM Colorado Springs story from Apr 2, 2013, titled Associated Press Drops 'Illegal Immigrant' from Stylebook. In it, KVOR-AM Colorado Springs reports that:

The Associated Press, the largest news-gathering outlet in the world, will no longer use the term "illegal immigrant." The news came in the form of a blog entry authored by Senior Vice President and Executive Editor Kathleen Carroll on Tuesday afternoon, explaining that the decision is part of the company's ongoing attempt to rid its stylebook of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVOR-AM Colorado Springs.

Magadala

Orting, WA

#1 Apr 2, 2013
They can do all of their PC crap they want. All's I know is, "illegal alien, illegal alien, illegal alien"... I don't give a crap! That's the way our laws are written, that's the way I speak!!!

The last thing in the world I would want is to make illegal aliens feel comfortable here, they have no rights to pc...illegal alien, illegal alien, illegal alien...
spicy mike

Vancouver, WA

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Magadala wrote:
They can do all of their PC crap they want. All's I know is, "illegal alien, illegal alien, illegal alien"... I don't give a crap! That's the way our laws are written, that's the way I speak!!!
The last thing in the world I would want is to make illegal aliens feel comfortable here, they have no rights to pc...illegal alien, illegal alien, illegal alien...
like ive been saying mex=shit=co along with canada were annexed with the NAFTA free trade aggrement,free trade means open boaders,we the citizen have our god given rights to defend ourselves,i dont know about you but me i make them fell as unwanted as i can,i dont spend money with them,i dont respect nothing about them,

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2013
the right place for ap to be dropped is in the trashcan no other worth while use for p/c anything.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Definitions:

Alien, Immigrant, Illegal Alien,

Undocumented Immigrant

These related terms are often used in deliberately confusing and conflicting
ways. Here is a set of definitions that will help you sort out the
difference.
IMMIGRANT: In popular usage, an "immigrant" is generally understood to be a
person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.
Under this definition, therefore, an "immigrant" is an alien admitted to the
U.S. as a lawful permanent resident. The emphasis in this definition is
upon the presumptions that (1) the immigrant followed U.S. laws and
procedures in establishing residence in our country; (2) he or she wishes to
reside here permanently; and (3) he or she swears allegiance to our country
or at least solemnly affirms that he/she will observe and respect our laws
and our Constitution.

ALIEN: By contrast, an "alien" is generally understood to be a foreigner --
a person who comes from a foreign country -- who does not owe allegiance to
our country.

ILLEGAL ALIEN: An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe
allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in
establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal
under applicable U.S. laws.

The term "illegal alien" is used by U.S. citizens who believe that
non-citizens entering our country must comply with our immigration laws.

The term "illegal alien" is predicated upon U.S. immigration law
which requires foreigners entering the U.S. to comply with our country's
rules and laws regarding entry into, and residence within, our country.

UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT: The term "undocumented immigrant" is an oxymoron
(the parts conflict). An immigrant is synonymous with "permanent legal
resident." The old term for the document authorizing a permanent legal
resident is "green card." The term "undocumented" is derived from the
accurate term "undocumented aliens" who are often called "border crossers."
Proper terms are "illegal alien" or "undocumented alien" but not
"undocumented immigrant." Although not commonly used, the term "documented
alien" accurately refers to foreign nationals who have an unexpired
non-immigrant visa such as H-1B.

Most U.S. citizens do not use the term "undocumented immigrant"
and prefer, instead, the more descriptive and accurate term "illegal alien".

The term "undocumented immigrant" is used by those who believe in
"open borders", i.e., non-regulation of foreigners entering into and
assuming residence in the U.S., including even those foreigners who owe
allegiance to a foreign government and/or who may intend harm to the U.S.

http://www.adversity.net/Terms_Definitions/TE...
Magadala

Orting, WA

#6 Apr 3, 2013
spicy mike wrote:
<quoted text>like ive been saying mex=shit=co along with canada were annexed with the NAFTA free trade aggrement,free trade means open boaders,we the citizen have our god given rights to defend ourselves,i dont know about you but me i make them fell as unwanted as i can,i dont spend money with them,i dont respect nothing about them,
I live in a VERY small town. I am a visible minority. I don't eat Mexican food, ever! They smile at me like they think I am their friend since I am not white...I don't even nod, I usually look straight through them.

One was landscaping a lawn a few years back and he saw me. He started waving and jumping up and down like we were partners...NOT!!! I just kept walking looking straight ahead! Ay Carumba!!!
Magadala

Orting, WA

#7 Apr 3, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
Definitions:
Alien, Immigrant, Illegal Alien,
Undocumented Immigrant
These related terms are often used in deliberately confusing and conflicting
ways. Here is a set of definitions that will help you sort out the
difference.
Illegal alien, illegal alien, illegal alien, illegal alien....
spicy mike

Portland, OR

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in a VERY small town. I am a visible minority. I don't eat Mexican food, ever! They smile at me like they think I am their friend since I am not white...I don't even nod, I usually look straight through them.
One was landscaping a lawn a few years back and he saw me. He started waving and jumping up and down like we were partners...NOT!!! I just kept walking looking straight ahead! Ay Carumba!!!
they also have a gangbangger mentality,when i catch one by himself,there so quiet you would.nt even notice them,but when there in a group there as loud as ever,they think because im black we have some type of connection,im from san-diego cali,i no,there nothing but back stabbers, they hate everyone who's not mexican,they were taught that as anchors,to boost there low self image of themselves
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#9 Apr 4, 2013
spicy mike wrote:
<quoted text>they also have a gangbangger mentality,when i catch one by himself,there so quiet you would.nt even notice them,but when there in a group there as loud as ever,they think because im black we have some type of connection,im from san-diego cali,i no,there nothing but back stabbers, they hate everyone who's not mexican,they were taught that as anchors,to boost there low self image of themselves
One of the things that really angers me is that Mexicans will quote stats to justify their existence by including both black and brown stats, they will even liken their "cause" to the Civil Rights Movement, but most Americans don't know about one of their national heroes mime pignon(sp?), a black, big red lipped cartoon character!http://www.banderasn ews.com/0506/ed-mexstamps.htm

They issued a national stamp for him! Mexicans are doing ethnic cleansing of blacks in Compton and a lot of outlying LA cities...but very little MSM coverage, because they are the flavor of the month. All members of the Mexican legislature are white as the driven snow, not even a TRACE of brown among them. Mexicans consider it marrying up if you marry someone lighter than you!!!

And sadly, Blacks voted over 90% for the current administration, but the focus is on Mexicans/Hispanics, who only voted approximately 70%!!!!
Con Todo

Waynesboro, VA

#10 Apr 5, 2013
Mexicans put Memin Pinguin on the Mexican stamp, because Mexicans are honoring blacks in this way. Kinda like they way you Americans honor the Native American with your Washington Redskins.
Magadala

United States

#11 Apr 5, 2013
Con Todo wrote:
Mexicans put Memin Pinguin on the Mexican stamp, because Mexicans are honoring blacks in this way. Kinda like they way you Americans honor the Native American with your Washington Redskins.
Yeah, but you go around whining about racial discrimination when, in fact, you do it too!
Con Todo

Waynesboro, VA

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you go around whining about racial discrimination when, in fact, you do it too!
Chill out maggie, I was jes pointing out the irony.
spicy mike

Portland, OR

#13 Apr 5, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the things that really angers me is that Mexicans will quote stats to justify their existence by including both black and brown stats, they will even liken their "cause" to the Civil Rights Movement, but most Americans don't know about one of their national heroes mime pignon(sp?), a black, big red lipped cartoon character!http://www.banderasn ews.com/0506/ed-mexstamps.htm
They issued a national stamp for him! Mexicans are doing ethnic cleansing of blacks in Compton and a lot of outlying LA cities...but very little MSM coverage, because they are the flavor of the month. All members of the Mexican legislature are white as the driven snow, not even a TRACE of brown among them. Mexicans consider it marrying up if you marry someone lighter than you!!!
And sadly, Blacks voted over 90% for the current administration, but the focus is on Mexicans/Hispanics, who only voted approximately 70%!!!!
blacks have been beaten down so badly by there ignorance and self-hatered they have towards each other,blacks are only intrested with things that make them feel good,any way as a blackman my race is cursed with petty differences,they have killed eachother off,when i was in L.A in the 80s when it was somewhat even,blacks used to put there foots up mexicans asses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mexico Says Texas Immigration Crackdown Is Crea... 45 min HOLLA ISABELLA 2
News Area activists push to make Dream Act a reality... 5 hr Willie Granville 14
News ICE Director Confirms Significant Increase in W... 7 hr Team Kelly 8
News Immigrants in U.S. under DACA wary of returning... 13 hr What tacos 16
News California's deadliest fires set off debate abo... 17 hr Wildchild 4
News ACLU Attempts To Get Law On Sheltering Illegal ... 17 hr tomin cali 2
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 17 hr Katrina 519
More from around the web