Unbelievable, Ever Wonder Why Health Care Costs are Out of Control in ...

Full story: Scared Monkeys

As those who are in the United States wait for their kidney transplants, Jorge Mariscal, an illegal immigrant is provided one ahead of legal tax paying US citizens.
Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Ralff wrote:
I wonder if the deceased donor would have approved? I think they should have at least asked his family.
One thing is for sure, the selection process for receiving a donated kidney is as secretive as the Obama administration.
This needs to change. It needs to be public with its rules for its selection process for the sake of they donors and recipients.
That is the truth in some places. I donated my son's organs and only knew that several people were given the gift of life or sight because of that donation, but I never knew who received them. I would have liked to have known so that I could have kept up with their progress, as I think it would have helped me cope with my grief process. I like to think that they are living a better life because of his untimely death.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>That is the truth in some places. I donated my son's organs and only knew that several people were given the gift of life or sight because of that donation, but I never knew who received them. I would have liked to have known so that I could have kept up with their progress, as I think it would have helped me cope with my grief process. I like to think that they are living a better life because of his untimely death.
You are a hero in disguise....Thank you on behalf of the individuals you helped or saved there life..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hero in disguise....Thank you on behalf of the individuals you helped or saved there life..
I knew in a way my son would live on, and he was truly the hero in their lives...that thought was my only comfort at that horrible time in my life. Thank you for your kind words though.

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I knew in a way my son would live on, and he was truly the hero in their lives...that thought was my only comfort at that horrible time in my life. Thank you for your kind words though.
No thank you......

I think they should set up a system were the families can meet if wanted

I could not see how a recipient would not want the chance to say thanks...

If they did not then they would not deserve the second chance

I wish you well

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you......
I think they should set up a system were the families can meet if wanted
I could not see how a recipient would not want the chance to say thanks...
If they did not then they would not deserve the second chance
I wish you well
I would have loved meeting the recipients, but I was never given that option. I just hope that they are still alive and doing well.

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to short change Teddy4me and her son at all but I kinda think my wife is one too. She gave me a kidney while she was alive and still using it!

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I knew in a way my son would live on, and he was truly the hero in their lives...that thought was my only comfort at that horrible time in my life. Thank you for your kind words though.
I always thought my eyes were so bad that no one could use them when I died but my doctor told me differently. Even though I I have had eye surgery when I was 3 and wear very strong glasses he said my eyes are in well into the 99 percentile of quality. Go figure.

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I would have loved meeting the recipients, but I was never given that option. I just hope that they are still alive and doing well.
It probably is a confidentiality thing but if you could leave a message with the whoever you dealt with that you wanted to meet them maybe they could contact you. As a recipient myself I am certain I would do that.

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I would have loved meeting the recipients, but I was never given that option. I just hope that they are still alive and doing well.
Without walking in your shoes nobody could really understand but I think I might have a little clue of what you might be thinking.

There should be some changes in the laws....

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to short change Teddy4me and her son at all but I kinda think my wife is one too. She gave me a kidney while she was alive and still using it!
That my friend is also amazing..........Who did she give it to?

I have heard of that with complete strangers........

Truly HEROS......

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry........

I read your post in shock and did not see she gave it to you.........

Still a hero no less......

You would have to look at her in a different way.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
None taken. The gift of life is the last good thing that he was able to do...I will always consider him the hero and anyone else who gives that gift whether they be dead or alive. This country needs more heroes, more givers than takers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought my eyes were so bad that no one could use them when I died but my doctor told me differently. Even though I I have had eye surgery when I was 3 and wear very strong glasses he said my eyes are in well into the 99 percentile of quality. Go figure.
I have since learned that fact as well and was stunned when I found that out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••