Britain 'a magnet for immigrants'

Britain 'a magnet for immigrants'

There are 108 comments on the Burton Mail story from Dec 16, 2013, titled Britain 'a magnet for immigrants'. In it, Burton Mail reports that:

Britain has created "a magnet for illegal immigrants" which attracts t housands across the Channel from Calais, the French port's immigration chief has said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burton Mail.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
rock white

Preston, UK

#114 Dec 21, 2013
do anything only mention the GOLLYXXG word, now a chattering class leftie sandalwearing non drinking non smoking hateful spiteful crime.

Said before, these idiots are all in positions of power in the local councils.

Time to name and shame, and eject back to the crab pits.

Time for a breath of fresh air and not the fetid stench of anti British bigotry.

Because that is exactly what it is.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#115 Dec 21, 2013
rock white wrote:
do anything only mention the GOLLYXXG word, now a chattering class leftie sandalwearing non drinking non smoking hateful spiteful crime.
Said before, these idiots are all in positions of power in the local councils.
Time to name and shame, and eject back to the crab pits.
Time for a breath of fresh air and not the fetid stench of anti British bigotry.
Because that is exactly what it is.
This'll never happen due to the unions being ultra left wing and spiteful.
rock white

Preston, UK

#116 Dec 21, 2013
these anti-Brits will have to be named and shamed.
terry

Manchester, UK

#117 Dec 21, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK made a terrible mistake starting the two world wars.
we should of allied ourselves with germany in the first world war. in fact the kaiser wanted to do just that. if we had done so then in all probability we would not have had the rise of fascism in the 1930s.
James

Wembley, UK

#118 Dec 21, 2013
terry wrote:
<quoted text> we should of allied ourselves with germany in the first world war. in fact the kaiser wanted to do just that. if we had done so then in all probability we would not have had the rise of fascism in the 1930s.
We should never have formed alliances with France and Russia.
rio

Bromley, UK

#119 Dec 21, 2013
terry wrote:
<quoted text> we should of allied ourselves with germany in the first world war. in fact the kaiser wanted to do just that. if we had done so then in all probability we would not have had the rise of fascism in the 1930s.
It's a bit more complicated than that!

Austria wanted to punish Serbia for the assassination of the Konprinz.
Germany had an alliance with Austria, and with Turkey.
Russia proclaimed it would defend Serbia against Austria, even if it meant war with Germany.
Britain had an alliance with France, and both wanted to prevent German hegemony on the continent.
France feared another German attack; Britain objected to Germany heading for the Middle East or Africa and threatening outposts of the British Empire

The Tsar, the Kaiser and our King were all cousins.

I am not sure there was ever a possibility for Britain of forming an alliance with Germany; "l'entente cordiale" with France precluded that.
James

Wembley, UK

#120 Dec 21, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit more complicated than that!
Austria wanted to punish Serbia for the assassination of the Konprinz.
Germany had an alliance with Austria, and with Turkey.
Russia proclaimed it would defend Serbia against Austria, even if it meant war with Germany.
Britain had an alliance with France, and both wanted to prevent German hegemony on the continent.
France feared another German attack; Britain objected to Germany heading for the Middle East or Africa and threatening outposts of the British Empire
The Tsar, the Kaiser and our King were all cousins.
I am not sure there was ever a possibility for Britain of forming an alliance with Germany; "l'entente cordiale" with France precluded that.
The UK had the chance to form an alliance with the German Empire in 1912 and should have done so.
ken

London, UK

#121 Dec 21, 2013
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't only a UK issue, it is a Europe wide issue.
The basis upon which refugees and asylum seekers are assessed can be tightened up. The issue isn't really refugees or asylum seekers, I'm willing to guess that just like Ireland, the UK has a quite low number of refugees in comparison to their wider immigrant population. Family reunion? What exactly does that entail? As for the person marrying a foreign spouse, well the foreign spouse should be assessed on their ability to contribute to society.
There is nothing wrong with foreign students so long as they abide by their visa conditions.
I have nothing against educated/skilled migrants. However those who lack the education/skills to contribute adequately to society should be refused entry.
Not really just England, Germany and France, Sweden and Norway are the stongest magnets, to a lesser extent places like Denmark, Holland and Italy but most countries are fools gold. Only ill-informed people (mugs) would end up in places such as Portugal, Greece or former soviet states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Illegal alien' or 'undocumented immigrant'? U.... 13 min Red Crosse 6
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 16 min Frankie Rizzo 84
News Joy Reid shreds Trump's 'racist, fear-mongering... 44 min Tie Your Mother Down 3
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 1 hr The truth 2,174
News "Undocumented Immigrants, U.S. Citizens, and Co... 2 hr Solarman 1
News ICE releases private information left on illega... 4 hr DR X 2
News DACA on mind of rallygoers in Las Vegas as shut... 6 hr tronic 2
More from around the web