Young immigrants may find college elusive

There are 28 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Aug 17, 2012, titled Young immigrants may find college elusive. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Araceli Cortes had made up her mind: After being brought to the U.S. as a child, graduating from high school and attending some college in California, she was going to return to Mexico to pursue her dream of becoming a doctor.She quit her job, bought an airline ticket and reserved a seat to take a medical school entrance exam.Then, a week before ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#23 Aug 17, 2012
Free is free wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I'm really glad I didn't have kids, because sorry 'leadership' and the "if you steal it and don't get caught, it's yours" mentality are ruining this country. I really shouldn't care, but it's sad to see the country I served rot like this.
As the old Bread song goes: "This isn't what the Governmeant"
I agree. It's a shame that our own elected officials are hell bent and determined to bring this country down to it's knees.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#24 Aug 17, 2012
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>Well, she knows if she stays here she'll get many perks she'd never get in her $hithole of a country. She'd rather stay here and collect more freebies off the backs of the U.S taxpayers. That's what she's use to...that's how they roll. She's already obtained a free education here and I'm quite sure we've fed her and given her free medical care all these years. Now she's complaining the policy is for only two years, there's no promise of citizenship and the cost will be expensive. You'd think she'd be grateful her greedy a$$ was allowed to stay in this country in violation of our laws all these years. I've yet to hear a simple "thank you" for all we've done for them here. It's always about wanting more. You just can't do enough for these freeloaders!
There is some thing lacking in the American
mentality? Millions of Highly Skilled,Degreed
with assets in good health,and Character,Are
piled up overseas,Europe,Asia,etc..They and
there families,applied and are waiting and
waiting for a Visa..While ICE,is still Fkn
around with Hispanics??????

These people have been through vetting like you
would not believe,Have sworn to not be a burden
on the American Tax payer,Proved they have Assets
etc...Not one mention from the MSM,Zero from our
Corrupt WH,and its scurrilous inhabitants,Americas
are like DUH??? If its mentioned and meantime our
Taxes go up,our standard of living goes down,our
Crime rate goes up? WTF America??????????

The answer is more WH Corruption!! The overseas
Immigrants votes can not be bought,Pimped..But
thats okay with Dumb Americans?? In trouble
No Shit??? America,get off your fat lard
Azzes and do some thing,Anything??? LOL

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#25 Aug 18, 2012
Should have gone to Mexico. This is just deadtime until Obama leaves office.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#26 Aug 18, 2012
Young immigrants may find college elusive>

Let me make a guess here, it's because maybe they are illegal aliens!!!?

Since: Jan 12

Granbury, TX

#27 Aug 19, 2012
Wow, I'll be taking a closer look at the attendant nurse if I ever need to go to the doctor! She should go back to Mexico, we obviously can't provide enough freebies for this ungrateful illegal, no mention of a grade point average.

Since: Jan 12

Granbury, TX

#28 Aug 19, 2012
Although she's probably well qualified to scrub toilets in a TJ truckstop!
magadala

Orting, WA

#29 Aug 19, 2012
TLCLeebo wrote:
Wow, I'll be taking a closer look at the attendant nurse if I ever need to go to the doctor! She should go back to Mexico, we obviously can't provide enough freebies for this ungrateful illegal, no mention of a grade point average.
GPA must be bad, that's usually the first thing they mention...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30 Aug 19, 2012
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>It's like telling the children of bank robbers they can keep the money their parents took. We'll be hearing next that the parents won't be deported because, it will create a hardship on their illegal kids attending college. Then the real lawbreakers will be rewarded in the end. That's what this crap is leading to.
it sure is what is being pulled. thats why no matter when an illegal aliens was brought here deporting is the only answer. anything else is rewarding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christie: I've changed immigration position 6 hr Mirror 17
News Congressman Accuses 'Extreme' Republicans of 'H... 7 hr wild child 1
News Jeb Bush to the American people: Show illegal a... 9 hr Lawrence Wolf 119
News Paul LePage Blames Undocumented Immigrants For ... 10 hr ronnie 15
News After president's promise in Las Vegas, still n... 10 hr ronnie 2
News States Call For Increased Oversight Of Obama Ad... 10 hr ronnie 2
News GOP Lawmakers Re-introduce Bill to Crack Down o... 10 hr ronnie 2
More from around the web