Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#907 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the laws are written in such a way that we have to play these silly "games." It would be better if we were just allowed to hire whomever we please without government interference.
So in other words you don't give a damn about the American worker.
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#908 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all Americans should be allowed to contract with any individual they choose to perform a task for money.
However, I would never knowingly hire an (alleged) illegal. I simply never bother to ask whether they are illegal (as is my right). I don't ask, and they don't tell, and business gets done!
That's an awful attitude as far as our country is concerned. I'll give our idiotic government at least half the blame for allowing employers like you to feel comfortable gaming the system. But you're definitely not blameless.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#909 May 19, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words you don't give a damn about the American worker.
If the American worker is worth a damn, he won't have any problem finding work. Frankly, even if he isn't worth a damn, and has an engineering degree, he'll probably be steadily employed.

But if I'm going to hire someone, I want the best available person.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#910 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the laws are written in such a way that we have to play these silly "games." It would be better if we were just allowed to hire whomever we please without government interference.
yea, would'nt it be nice if you could just drive to the border hire a slave and pay them 3.00 an hour no breaks ,no lunch , no workmans comp . Horrible!!!!!!!!!! American these silly little laws. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#911 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the American worker is worth a damn, he won't have any problem finding work. Frankly, even if he isn't worth a damn, and has an engineering degree, he'll probably be steadily employed.
As cheap as you can get it . Don't expect quality.

Location hidden

#912 May 19, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>As cheap as you can get it . Don't expect quality.
The old saying "you get what you pay for" is largely bull shit.

Often, the cheaper product or service is as good or better, and often a much wiser choice.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#913 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all Americans should be allowed to contract with any individual they choose to perform a task for money.
However, I would never knowingly hire an (alleged) illegal. I simply never bother to ask whether they are illegal (as is my right). I don't ask, and they don't tell, and business gets done!
you are an idiot.

aiding and abetting a criminal is a felony crime.

guys like you make me sick.

so, if I hire some punks to beat you up. maybe even murder you. that's ok with you since I'm not involved with actually pulling the trigger.

the job gets done.

Location hidden

#914 May 19, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are an idiot.
aiding and abetting a criminal is a felony crime.
guys like you make me sick.
so, if I hire some punks to beat you up. maybe even murder you. that's ok with you since I'm not involved with actually pulling the trigger.
the job gets done.
Boy, you sure dispel the notion that all Asians are intelligent.

Here's the deal, genius. Hiring someone to kill someone else is a felony. Hiring an American citizen contractor who may (or may not) have illegals in his crew is not even a misdemeanor- it's completely legal. Read that slowly and let it sink into that addled brain of yours- it's LEGAL under existing law.

I know, it's hard to get your limited intellect wrapped around the concept. Wipe the drool off your chin and try again, sooner or later, you'll figure it out (I hope).

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#915 May 20, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure dispel the notion that all Asians are intelligent.
Here's the deal, genius. Hiring someone to kill someone else is a felony. Hiring an American citizen contractor who may (or may not) have illegals in his crew is not even a misdemeanor- it's completely legal. Read that slowly and let it sink into that addled brain of yours- it's LEGAL under existing law.
I know, it's hard to get your limited intellect wrapped around the concept. Wipe the drool off your chin and try again, sooner or later, you'll figure it out (I hope).
one must file an I-9 eligibility form for everybody they hire. this includes day laborers.

if you hire a contractor that hires day laborers, you are required by law to refer to the I-9 forms that he holds for his employees.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-9_ (form)

if you do not do this, you are violating federal law.
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/AidAb...

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#916 May 20, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
one must file an I-9 eligibility form for everybody they hire. this includes day laborers.
if you hire a contractor that hires day laborers, you are required by law to refer to the I-9 forms that he holds for his employees.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-9_ (form)
if you do not do this, you are violating federal law.
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/AidAb...
You noticed he never answered me, and your comment above is why.
John Kenney

Thailand

#917 May 21, 2013
Contact me at [email protected] com and i will get you a Legit Texas Birth Certificate, SSC and DL.
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#918 May 21, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! If an American works for a contractor they are being undercut by contractors that hire illegal aliens. It isn't because he can't find a job.

Best available? No, from your post "the cheapest" and it matters not to you if they are illegals or not. Real loyal, lawabiding American you are. People like you make me sick! It's all about you! Your fellow Americans nor our laws mean a damn thing to you! That's about as selfish as one can get.
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#919 May 21, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! If an American works for a contractor they are being undercut by contractors that hire illegal aliens. It isn't because he can't find a job.
Best available? No, from your post "the cheapest" and it matters not to you if they are illegals or not. Real loyal, lawabiding American you are. People like you make me sick! It's all about you! Your fellow Americans nor our laws mean a damn thing to you! That's about as selfish as one can get.
He knows what's up ! These comments I by-pass cause I know he is out to get a reaction that's all.
It is obvious what's going on,why an illegal holds a job while an American who is better qualified is out of work.
Why Illegals collect all sorts of taxpayer goodies which our fellow American are denied or have to show so much documentation in order to qualify for whatever service.It's obvious!

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#920 May 21, 2013
--SummerRose-- wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows what's up ! These comments I by-pass cause I know he is out to get a reaction that's all.
It is obvious what's going on,why an illegal holds a job while an American who is better qualified is out of work.
Why Illegals collect all sorts of taxpayer goodies which our fellow American are denied or have to show so much documentation in order to qualify for whatever service.It's obvious!
That guy always tries to justify his hiring of illegals, but he's not the only one. There are many of them.
Sam I Am

Mountain Home, AR

#921 May 21, 2013
Close the borders and close the borders NOW. Start mass deportation NOW. guard the boarders with the military and American citizens, If illegals force us to fire on them that's up to the boarder jumper. Nothing like a few rotting bodies in the desert sun to give them the idea we don't want them.
Illegal and anchors go home.
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#922 May 21, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>That guy always tries to justify his hiring of illegals, but he's not the only one. There are many of them.
I see.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#923 May 23, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>I've course theyare willing to high them. How about giving one your job before your boss does . At 5.00 an hour and no benefits. You can go find another. and your house they can have that too. You dont need it . Your a wonderful person .
Only those lazy and have very few skills are against hiring the undocumented worker, can't imagine why ! LOL !
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#924 May 23, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those lazy and have very few skills are against hiring the undocumented worker, can't imagine why ! LOL !
Sorry Juan, I disagree. That is not the case Dear.
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#926 May 23, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
I do not support allowing those that have broken our laws to escape the penalties that were in place at the time they broke the laws and no way do I want to change any laws to give them a reward for their dirty deeds. These are not the type that deserve to be here and they need to be removed. That is the only possible way justice can be served.
I don't care how bad they or anybody else whine about either.
I second that Sir.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#928 May 23, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>They can justify and rationalize all they want but it is still unnecessary and illegal.
If they truly can't find legal workers to fill their jobs they need to look only at themselves and their companies to find out why.
It is called "The law of supply and demand". It applies to employers as well as consumers.
Exactly!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 3 min Putins Glock Holster 136
News Trump returns to immigration issue with Arizona... 2 hr Wily E Coyote 9
News Fact Check: What Has President Trump Done To Fi... 7 hr Katrina 28
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 10 hr Davenport 96
News Only mass deportation can save America Tue Bomb Mexico 147
News Lawmaker pushes ending Cuban migration policy (Oct '15) Tue Katrina 13
News Manhattan mass honors immigrant mom seeking ref... Tue tomin cali 1
More from around the web