Some Republicans begin pressing case ...

Some Republicans begin pressing case on need for immigration changes

There are 211 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jan 18, 2013, titled Some Republicans begin pressing case on need for immigration changes. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A growing number of Republicans and conservative groups have begun pushing for comprehensive immigration changes on the eve of President Obama's inauguration, joining liberal Democrats in hopes of propelling the politically fraught issue forward early in his second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Kasanchesarada

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jan 19, 2013
Chuck Noris should protect our Boarders. I feel you guys are under Estimating the man.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#24 Jan 19, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
40% of illegal aliens in the USA are visa over stayers meaning that they entered the USA legally. So manning the border with US troops would eliminate 60% of the illegal alien presence.
I say that's a good start.
I feel much more comfortable knowing that US troops are defending the USA for once instead of some middle eastern nation and their problems.
Unfortunately neither Dems nor Republicans actually WANT to secure our borders. The Dems want the future voters, and the Republicans want the cheap labor that illegals provide.

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 Jan 19, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hispanic vote is the fastest growing voter bloc in the USA. You have to be foolish to not recognize that. Never mind, the politicians are much more smarter than you and see the writing on the wall.
You feel free to rant away about how unimportant the Hispanic vote is while the politicians kiss our Hispanic azzes.
LOL!!
So far the GOPasaurs as a party have NOT recognized that reality yet, which is why they got less than 25% of the vote last Nov.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#26 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to wait to die; go grab your gun an put yourself out of your misery!
Btw, I'm sure that type of rhetoric will really encourage Hispanics to vote for the GOPasaurs.
Only an idiot would care about your vote. It's a vote to turn our country into another 3rd world Hispanic country. Just look on the other side of our southern border for the proof.

If I grab a gun it won't be to shoot myself.
;)

Tawas City, Michigan

#27 Jan 19, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would care about your vote. It's a vote to turn our country into another 3rd world Hispanic country. Just look on the other side of our southern border for the proof.
If I grab a gun it won't be to shoot myself.
;)
Whine all you want, you can't stop us.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#28 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's whining? Just stating fact. All the old white folks in the government are just using you dumbazzes. When the U.S. turns into a 3rd world country, they will be dead. ROTFLMAO@U!!!
Independent

Winchester, IN

#29 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Very disturbing reply, you do not really want this nation anything like Mexico, Cuba or God forbid North Korea ? If you can not see what happens to a nation who allows illegal aliens to invade their country you have major problems.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#30 Jan 19, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Very disturbing reply, you do not really want this nation anything like Mexico, Cuba or God forbid North Korea ? If you can not see what happens to a nation who allows illegal aliens to invade their country you have major problems.
He/she admitted to being Hispanic. Pretty much says it all.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#31 Jan 19, 2013
Mexicans don't want to Americans. They already have a path if they wanted to be American. Many Just use the American welfare and US as a Mexican bank acct. They could have applied if they had wanted too. So dumb.

Tawas City, Michigan

#32 Jan 19, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's whining? Just stating fact. All the old white folks in the government are just using you dumbazzes. When the U.S. turns into a 3rd world country, they will be dead. ROTFLMAO@U!!!
Pssst, they're OLD white folks, which means THEY'LL be dead long before I will be. And the newest generation of Americans is majority non-white.

Welcome to the future!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#33 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst, they're OLD white folks, which means THEY'LL be dead long before I will be. And the newest generation of Americans is majority non-white.
Welcome to the future!
Pretty much what I was saying dumbazz. That's why it will become a 3rd world country. ROTFLMAO!!!
deport deport deport

Ardsley, NY

#34 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE let that be the GOPasaur mantra going into 2016 & 2020 !!!!!!
What better way to ensure the GOPasaurs never win another national election!!!!
Keep up the good work. Hillary thanks you in advance!!!!!!
You sure are cocky for an ignorant person. Keep dreaming that the white rich people or the white middle class is going to roll over and let the human garbage from south of the border have any real power in this country. Basically, Mexicans are toilet cleaners, gardeners, busboys and berry pickers. If you take over the country, who will run the hospitals, design the buildings, write software, build bridges? Not the wetbax. They can barely read. You think you are so important when you are literally powerless. Vote democrat all you want, even the liberals know you are useless and just want your votes. You will never ever get citizenship. You will remain second class nothings, as you should. Don't count on the democrats to help you. They won't. If you trust them you are fools. Keep making demands keep committing crimes and stealing identities and see what happens when white people really get pissed. Remember what they did to the blacks, the Indians, the Chinese immigrants and how they nuked the Japs. Keep pushing and feel their wrath. In the meantime, keep deluding yourself that you are something other than leeches.

Tawas City, Michigan

#35 Jan 19, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Very disturbing reply, you do not really want this nation anything like Mexico, Cuba or God forbid North Korea ? If you can not see what happens to a nation who allows illegal aliens to invade their country you have major problems.
Who said I did?

These people are coming to America for the same reason our ancestors all came here; to make a better life for themselves and their famlies. People said the same about the Irish or the Poles or the Italians etc.

Yes, many hispanics are coming illegally, bfd. Much of that has to do with our immigration policy having a Euro-preference- i.e white people, with limited legal immigration for Central & South America origins. At other times in our history we limited immigration from Asian countries, but we ALWAYS maintained our preference for European immigrants.

We also happen to share a long land border with a much poorer nation.

For whatever reason, they're here and they're not going back. Personally I've seen no difference between an "illegal" immigrant and any other immigrant- they all want to be Americans. They're not trying to turn America into Mexico- that's why they left Mexico in the first place.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#36 Jan 19, 2013
deport deport deport wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are cocky for an ignorant person. Keep dreaming that the white rich people or the white middle class is going to roll over and let the human garbage from south of the border have any real power in this country. Basically, Mexicans are toilet cleaners, gardeners, busboys and berry pickers. If you take over the country, who will run the hospitals, design the buildings, write software, build bridges? Not the wetbax. They can barely read. You think you are so important when you are literally powerless. Vote democrat all you want, even the liberals know you are useless and just want your votes. You will never ever get citizenship. You will remain second class nothings, as you should. Don't count on the democrats to help you. They won't. If you trust them you are fools. Keep making demands keep committing crimes and stealing identities and see what happens when white people really get pissed. Remember what they did to the blacks, the Indians, the Chinese immigrants and how they nuked the Japs. Keep pushing and feel their wrath. In the meantime, keep deluding yourself that you are something other than leeches.
Everything you said is true. The trouble is the dumbazzes are too dumb to know better, even when they have proof in every country south of our border. And more proof in every city in the U.S. that they have been elected to represent.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#37 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I did?
These people are coming to America for the same reason our ancestors all came here; to make a better life for themselves and their famlies. People said the same about the Irish or the Poles or the Italians etc.
Yes, many hispanics are coming illegally, bfd. Much of that has to do with our immigration policy having a Euro-preference- i.e white people, with limited legal immigration for Central & South America origins. At other times in our history we limited immigration from Asian countries, but we ALWAYS maintained our preference for European immigrants.
For whatever reason, they're here and they're not going back. Personally I've seen no difference between an "illegal" immigrant and any other immigrant- they all want to be Americans. They're not trying to turn America into Mexico- that's why they left Mexico in the first place.
They are not coming into the US like other immigrant's came here. Have you ever seen the Hondoran's jumping the border. These are the lowest of the lowest humans in the World. They do have a sad situation, but it's not the responsibilty of the legal Tax paying citizens to take care of the 3rd World. I've watched my health care premiums triple, food cost's triple, while I watch Mexicans recieve EBT and health care for free. We hate the illegal invasion and it has ruined beautiful part's of this Country. No Country in the civilized World allows this kind of thievery. They just break to many law's and are costing us to much money, and ruining our great Culture .
Independent

Winchester, IN

#38 Jan 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I did?
"they all want to be Americans" Is that why they do not assimilate, they are nothing like the immigrates who came though Ellis isle or the ones who do it the legal way and wait their turn, they have no ambition to speak the language or pay their fair share of taxes, they rely on our gov. for hand outs.

Tawas City, Michigan

#40 Jan 19, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much what I was saying dumbazz. That's why it will become a 3rd world country. ROTFLMAO!!!
That's only your racist opinion.

If you don't like what America is becoming, feel free to leave or die; it dont' matter to me which.
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#42 Jan 19, 2013
Some Republicans begin pressing case on need for immigration changes ????

What happened to their previous Policy of "self-deportation"?

That was a brilliant Policy .... worked well for Etchy.

Tawas City, Michigan

#43 Jan 19, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text> "they all want to be Americans" Is that why they do not assimilate, they are nothing like the immigrates who came though Ellis isle or the ones who do it the legal way and wait their turn, they have no ambition to speak the language or pay their fair share of taxes, they rely on our gov. for hand outs.
More racist B.S.

They said the same about the Irish or the Italians or the Germans or the Poles or the Japanese etc. My grandparents still spoke German at home even though they were third generation Americans by then already. During WWI & WWII they tried to round them up for not "being American enough", even though many had actually fought in the American military and got their citizenship that way.

So shove your racist crap in your piehole!
LTT

Charleston, WV

#44 Jan 19, 2013
I'm an Independent, but Republicans and Indepndents and Blue Dog Democrats need to stand strong against Tyrrany. Stand your ground, Republican Party!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Trump Wants the U.S. Military to Patr... 5 min LARRY FART 450
News Sanctuary officials could get 5 years in prison... 1 hr He Named Me Black... 1
News Protesters target lawyer who ranted against Spa... 1 hr spam and rice 19
News Quebec protesters block St-Bernard-de-Lacolle b... 2 hr justsayinz 4
News Trump's Wall May Not Be Built, But The Illegal ... 3 hr Oldglory 621
News Months of inaction led 20 Republicans to take a... 4 hr Wildchild 3
News Trump presses for action as House GOP struggles... 4 hr Annie Oakly 14