Some Republicans begin pressing case on need for immigration changes

Jan 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

A growing number of Republicans and conservative groups have begun pushing for comprehensive immigration changes on the eve of President Obama's inauguration, joining liberal Democrats in hopes of propelling the politically fraught issue forward early in his second term.

Comments
1 - 20 of 211 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

If neither the Democrats, or the Repubicans can tell the difference between legal, and illegal aliens it is time for a strong 3rd party. We have laws. Don't like them, change them, but don't just ignore them.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Obama's new immigration policy is this...zero
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
If neither the Democrats, or the Repubicans can tell the difference between legal, and illegal aliens it is time for a strong 3rd party. We have laws. Don't like them, change them, but don't just ignore them.
We need a viable SECOND party.

Since: Jan 13

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I strongly think that our political parties would get their acts together if we voted out all of the ones that have been in office over 20 years. They are the problems, not the parties. No way they can stay focused on the American people when they have come to believe that they are entitled. I would rather take my chances with a new crew every 8 years. I think that would send a strong message to those in politics, if you want to stay in office you better consider us a little more carefully or we will get rid of you.

Since: Jan 13

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I agree with Cat74, we should enforce the policies we already have. Every immigrant who has come to this country was required to speak English and function according to American law. Due to greed we are being forced to learn Spanish. Doesn't make much since to me and we are quietly going along with it. I am sure some other immigrants would have loved to have seen their language on a can of green beans when they first came to this country.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Obama can't even balance a budget. Who's kidding who?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Lexcia48 wrote:
I strongly think that our political parties would get their acts together if we voted out all of the ones that have been in office over 20 years. They are the problems, not the parties. No way they can stay focused on the American people when they have come to believe that they are entitled. I would rather take my chances with a new crew every 8 years. I think that would send a strong message to those in politics, if you want to stay in office you better consider us a little more carefully or we will get rid of you.
We have term limits in Michigan, and it hasn't made a bit of difference in the dsyfunction in Lansing.

The only thing term limits do in increase the number of legislators eligible for a lifetime pension & benefits, since they qualify after as few as 5 years in office. It's not a coincidence most term limit legislation is SIX or EIGHT years.

I'd rather have 1 crook in office for 60 years and die shortly after retiring, than 10 crooks in the same office- each getting a long lifetime pension & benefits after their 6 years are up.

It's not the politicians as much as it's the system.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

The GOPasaurs saw the results of the last election and realize they can't win nationally without getting more than just 25% of the increasing Hispanic vote.

Their old white male southern base is dying off.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
The GOPasaurs saw the results of the last election and realize they can't win nationally without getting more than just 25% of the increasing Hispanic vote.
Their old white male southern base is dying off.
We can hardly wait. We don't want to be around when the Demwits turn the greatest nation in the world, to a 3rd world country. Look what the Hispanic vote has done to Mexico to the tip of Chile. Dumbazz!!!
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
The GOPasaurs saw the results of the last election and realize they can't win nationally without getting more than just 25% of the increasing Hispanic vote. Their old white male southern base is dying off.
Yes, the grand ol' party has to open their small white tent and stop demeaning those groups who clearly listened and did not vote for Mitt (the 47 percenter) ROmney.

I would also suggest that those republicants who spout nonsense (Malkin/Akins/Palin) should zip it and those republicants who can look at the big picture, speak in sentences, make sense and speak less in spin and more in intelligence speak up more to show there is some intelligence in their party - yes it is only Christie and Powell but keep looking gophers ....
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>

I would also suggest that those republicants who spout nonsense (Malkin/Akins/Palin) should zip it and.....BLAH,FART,FART.....
And we could only hope for as much from you, leftist gasbag.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
We can hardly wait. We don't want to be around when the Demwits turn the greatest nation in the world, to a 3rd world country. Look what the Hispanic vote has done to Mexico to the tip of Chile. Dumbazz!!!
You don't have to wait to die; go grab your gun an put yourself out of your misery!

Btw, I'm sure that type of rhetoric will really encourage Hispanics to vote for the GOPasaurs.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the grand ol' party has to open their small white tent and stop demeaning those groups who clearly listened and did not vote for Mitt (the 47 percenter) ROmney.
I would also suggest that those republicants who spout nonsense (Malkin/Akins/Palin) should zip it and those republicants who can look at the big picture, speak in sentences, make sense and speak less in spin and more in intelligence speak up more to show there is some intelligence in their party - yes it is only Christie and Powell but keep looking gophers ....
The big money backers will eventually get tired of throwing their millions away on losers and will force the GOP to change or die. But I think it will take another loss in '16 & '20 for that to truly sink in.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

When Texas goes for the Dems in 2020 because of the rapidly increasing Hispanic vote there, THEN the GOPasaurs will finally get the message.
deport deport deport

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to wait to die; go grab your gun an put yourself out of your misery!
Btw, I'm sure that type of rhetoric will really encourage Hispanics to vote for the GOPasaurs.
As a republican, I would be concerned about the lack of support among Hispanics IF THE HISPANIC VOTE WAS IMPORTANT. One of the biggest lies the mainstream media promoted is that if republicans were more pro-illegal aliens that Hispanics would vote for them. First of all, the Hispanics are not a solid voting bloc and most don't give a fook about illegal aliens. They don't vote republican because the democrats give them welfare. More than half of all Hispanic families get some form of government money. They don't want the gravy train to stop. All the ass kissing in the world will not get the Hispanics to vote republican. Republican support of amnesty for the Mexican leeches well only result in more votes for the democrats and an unstoppable decline of this country into a third world shyt hole like Mexico and south America is. Stop the spicification of the US.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

deport deport deport wrote:
<quoted text>
As a republican, I would be concerned about the lack of support among Hispanics IF THE HISPANIC VOTE WAS IMPORTANT. One of the biggest lies the mainstream media promoted is that if republicans were more pro-illegal aliens that Hispanics would vote for them. First of all, the Hispanics are not a solid voting bloc and most don't give a fook about illegal aliens. They don't vote republican because the democrats give them welfare. More than half of all Hispanic families get some form of government money. They don't want the gravy train to stop. All the ass kissing in the world will not get the Hispanics to vote republican. Republican support of amnesty for the Mexican leeches well only result in more votes for the democrats and an unstoppable decline of this country into a third world shyt hole like Mexico and south America is. Stop the spicification of the US.
Oh PLEASE let that be the GOPasaur mantra going into 2016 & 2020 !!!!!!

What better way to ensure the GOPasaurs never win another national election!!!!

Keep up the good work. Hillary thanks you in advance!!!!!!
Fire the GOP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Bring all our troops back from overseas to patrol our borders. Saves money. Our soldiers are closer to family. And the number of people sneaking in goes down. Done.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
Obama can't even balance a budget. Who's kidding who?
Obama has sent multiple budgets to Congress! It's not Obama's fault that there is an obstructionist Republican party doing their best to ruin the USA.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Fire the GOP wrote:
Bring all our troops back from overseas to patrol our borders. Saves money. Our soldiers are closer to family. And the number of people sneaking in goes down. Done.
40% of illegal aliens in the USA are visa over stayers meaning that they entered the USA legally. So manning the border with US troops would eliminate 60% of the illegal alien presence.

I say that's a good start.

I feel much more comfortable knowing that US troops are defending the USA for once instead of some middle eastern nation and their problems.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

deport deport deport wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hispanic vote is the fastest growing voter bloc in the USA. You have to be foolish to not recognize that. Never mind, the politicians are much more smarter than you and see the writing on the wall.

You feel free to rant away about how unimportant the Hispanic vote is while the politicians kiss our Hispanic azzes.

LOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••