Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, Al...

Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner

There are 181 comments on the WTMA-AM North Charleston story from Jun 23, 2013, titled Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner. In it, WTMA-AM North Charleston reports that:

An immigration reform bill in the Senate now has crucial Republican support after senators struck a deal centered on border security last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMA-AM North Charleston.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#115 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
The answer is simple : you just don't have any arguments to support you opinion and that makes you really mad and frustrated.
This from someone that doesn't know the difference between an Immigrant and an Illegal Alien!

Definitions:
Alien, Immigrant, Illegal Alien, Undocumented Immigrant

These related terms are often used in deliberately confusing and conflicting
ways. Here is a set of definitions that will help you sort out the
difference.

IMMIGRANT: In popular usage, an "immigrant" is generally understood to be a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence. Under this definition, therefore, an "immigrant" is an alien admitted to the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident. The emphasis in this definition is upon the presumptions that (1) the immigrant followed U.S. laws and
procedures in establishing residence in our country; (2) he or she wishes to reside here permanently; and (3) he or she swears allegiance to our country or at least solemnly affirms that he/she will observe and respect our laws and our Constitution.

ALIEN: By contrast, an "alien" is generally understood to be a foreigner -- a person who comes from a foreign country -- who does not owe allegiance to our country.

ILLEGAL ALIEN: An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.

The term "illegal alien" is used by U.S. citizens who believe that non-citizens entering our country must comply with our immigration laws.

The term "illegal alien" is predicated upon U.S. immigration law which requires foreigners entering the U.S. to comply with our country's rules and laws regarding entry into, and residence within, our country.

UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT: The term "undocumented immigrant" is an oxymoron (the parts conflict). An immigrant is synonymous with "permanent legal resident." The old term for the document authorizing a permanent legal resident is "green card." The term "undocumented" is derived from the accurate term "undocumented aliens" who are often called "border crossers." Proper terms are "illegal alien" or "undocumented alien" but not "undocumented immigrant." Although not commonly used, the term "documented
alien" accurately refers to foreign nationals who have an unexpired
non-immigrant visa such as H-1B.

Most U.S. citizens do not use the term "undocumented immigrant" and prefer, instead, the more descriptive and accurate term "illegal alien".

The term "undocumented immigrant" is used by those who believe in "open borders", i.e., non-regulation of foreigners entering into and assuming residence in the U.S., including even those foreigners who owe allegiance to a foreign government and/or who may intend harm to the U.S.

http://www.adversity.net/Terms_Definitions/TE...

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#116 Jun 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
This from someone that doesn't know the difference between an Immigrant and an Illegal Alien!
Definitions:
Alien, Immigrant, Illegal Alien, Undocumented Immigrant
These related terms are often used in deliberately confusing and conflicting
ways. Here is a set of definitions that will help you sort out the
difference.
IMMIGRANT: In popular usage, an "immigrant" is generally understood to be a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence. Under this definition, therefore, an "immigrant" is an alien admitted to the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident. The emphasis in this definition is upon the presumptions that (1) the immigrant followed U.S. laws and
procedures in establishing residence in our country; (2) he or she wishes to reside here permanently; and (3) he or she swears allegiance to our country or at least solemnly affirms that he/she will observe and respect our laws and our Constitution.
ALIEN: By contrast, an "alien" is generally understood to be a foreigner -- a person who comes from a foreign country -- who does not owe allegiance to our country.
ILLEGAL ALIEN: An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.
The term "illegal alien" is used by U.S. citizens who believe that non-citizens entering our country must comply with our immigration laws.
The term "illegal alien" is predicated upon U.S. immigration law which requires foreigners entering the U.S. to comply with our country's rules and laws regarding entry into, and residence within, our country.
UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT: The term "undocumented immigrant" is an oxymoron (the parts conflict). An immigrant is synonymous with "permanent legal resident." The old term for the document authorizing a permanent legal resident is "green card." The term "undocumented" is derived from the accurate term "undocumented aliens" who are often called "border crossers." Proper terms are "illegal alien" or "undocumented alien" but not "undocumented immigrant." Although not commonly used, the term "documented
alien" accurately refers to foreign nationals who have an unexpired
non-immigrant visa such as H-1B.
Most U.S. citizens do not use the term "undocumented immigrant" and prefer, instead, the more descriptive and accurate term "illegal alien".
The term "undocumented immigrant" is used by those who believe in "open borders", i.e., non-regulation of foreigners entering into and assuming residence in the U.S., including even those foreigners who owe allegiance to a foreign government and/or who may intend harm to the U.S.
http://www.adversity.net/Terms_Definitions/TE...
they all know the difference.

they also know that the only way to push the amnesty through is to convince enough people that there is no difference between illegal and legal.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#117 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be mad or frustrated ? I have only one life and I don't want to waste it like that.
You are wrong about me because you assume things instead of asking me. I am not hispanic and I've never been to Mexico, Caribbeans, or South America. I don't have any children. I have paid my taxes every year ( I never deducted the donations I have made ). I've always been very appreciated at work, school and among my friends. In fact my friends say I'm the type of guy who can't have enemies.
Just the fact that I am pro immigration reform does not mean I'm not a respected person. I fact more than 50% of Americans are pro immigration reform because all the Americans have ancestors who came from somewhere else and most of them have had a positive contribution to America.
Firstly..I debunKed your so called poll pages ago.
I suggest you go to these lands you so support. Just shows me how FOS you are.
Rape is a Huge concern for any woman, single or otherwise in these lands. As it is becoming in this Land with their presence. Don't even TRY denying this or I will paste another page of links as I did two days ago. Get your head out of your illegal loving ass.
Who ever you think "respects" you doesn't know you or is an ignorant traitor as yourself.
spud

United States

#118 Jun 28, 2013
With each vote they get less support, even though the whole process has been fixed. I wouldn't call that momentum.

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#119 Jun 28, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
examples?
like with obama, everything you have said has been heresay and nothing more.
Not being able to provide a simple example shows the fact that you just attack me because you lack real arguments when you disagree with me.

Monroe Township, NJ

#120 Jun 28, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
My preference would be to not have them here sucking billions of dollars out of our economy.
They in fact contribute to the economy and could do it even more if they get papers.

Monroe Township, NJ

#121 Jun 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about "ILLEGAL ALIENS"!
There is a difference.
Do you know the difference between those who crossed the southern border and those who came through ellis island ?

Monroe Township, NJ

#122 Jun 28, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever you think "respects" you doesn't know you or is an ignorant traitor as yourself.
So you know me better than the people in my life ?
spud

United States

#123 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
They in fact contribute to the economy and could do it even more if they get papers.
They depress wages and drive up the unemployment rate. This results in the our most vulnerable Americans having to live off the government. They contribute to corporate welfare since the cheap labor employers use the US government to provide any benefits their underpaid workforce gets. They send much of their money back to their home country thereby taking it out of the US economy. They transform $20 an hour jobs into $10 an hour jobs thereby reducing our tax base, and that's not even considering the ones who work for cash and reduce the tax base even further. They are definitely an enormous liability to this country.

Monroe Township, NJ

#124 Jun 28, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>They depress wages and drive up the unemployment rate. This results in the our most vulnerable Americans having to live off the government. They contribute to corporate welfare since the cheap labor employers use the US government to provide any benefits their underpaid workforce gets. They send much of their money back to their home country thereby taking it out of the US economy. They transform $20 an hour jobs into $10 an hour jobs thereby reducing our tax base, and that's not even considering the ones who work for cash and reduce the tax base even further. They are definitely an enormous liability to this country.
Because of them people are on welfare ? Hahahahahaha. A citizen would always have an advantage over someone who comes here without papers and doesn't speak English. But it's all about motivation and ambition. No American citizen can blame an illegal for not having a job.

Location hidden

#126 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are forgetting the ONE major point of this debate.

we the people do not want another amnesty.

GET IT?
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#127 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the facts. They don't pay enough in taxes now to cover their upkeep and they still won't be able to once legalized. They are low wage earners that would depend on government subsidies to cover their social costs such as healthcare.

What about the 23 million Americans out of work? Don't you give a damn about them? And don't tell me they are all doing jobs that Americans won't do because it is nonsense! If they were deported instead employers would have to pay an American a fair wage once again and they in turn would be paying higher taxes and less likely to depend on welfare to sustain them.
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#128 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of them people are on welfare ? Hahahahahaha. A citizen would always have an advantage over someone who comes here without papers and doesn't speak English. But it's all about motivation and ambition. No American citizen can blame an illegal for not having a job.
You're so full of sh*t. The only reason that these greedy employers hire illegal aliens is for more profit because they can pay them less. It has nothing to do with an American not having motivation or ambition or that illegals are superior workers, you arrogant POS! For example, the construction industry became flooded with illegal aliens. Was it because these laid off Americans all of a sudden became lazy and unmotivated? Go home where you belong and stop ruining American lives for your own selfish gain!

Monroe Township, NJ

#130 Jun 28, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are forgetting the ONE major point of this debate.
we the people do not want another amnesty.
GET IT?
I don't want amnesty either. I don't like the fact that people can cross the border and then live and work here without problems. This has to be addressed immediately and as you probably know all these laws have to be passed by Congress. The bill passed by the Senate is a very balanced bipartisan solution. It's a excellent opportunity for America to have a bill created by both sides and , even though it's not a perfect bill it is decently balanced.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#132 Jun 28, 2013
When the dollar falls, does anyone think these illegals won't be doing MORE Home invasions and Kidnappings? Many will return to their own land, as they won't stand up for righteousness anywhere apparently.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#133 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want amnesty either. I don't like the fact that people can cross the border and then live and work here without problems. This has to be addressed immediately and as you probably know all these laws have to be passed by Congress. The bill passed by the Senate is a very balanced bipartisan solution. It's a excellent opportunity for America to have a bill created by both sides and , even though it's not a perfect bill it is decently balanced.
The simplest, least costly, and best solution for American citizens is to round up and deport ALL illegals.

They can take their minor American born children with them or they can put them up for adoption.

Location hidden

#134 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
READ MY LIPS, cupcake.

we the people do not want another amnesty. PERIOD.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#135 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving them your Cloaked Amnesty is NOT going to solve a damn thing. It will simply take away from Americans and their children.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#136 Jun 28, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you love America then you will not be opposed to immigration reform.
It's not reform, it's amnesty. Reform will not help illegal aliens because they are not in the immigration system, they went around it. The only thing that help them is amnesty with no requirements because they can't follow any laws.

The House will not even look at the Senate bill, who wants to read that 1,000+ page, 24 pound monster? They have their own bill.
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#137 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a B.S bill designed for the convenience of illegals only.Tell me which part benefits Americans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min woodtick57 232
News Previously Deported Illegal Alien Charged with ... 6 min slick willie expl... 17
News Controversial Mexican-American textbook is stir... 11 min BHM5267 10
News New Challenges for Immigration Law 1 hr tomin cali 1
News Libertarian VP hopeful stands by Holocaust refe... 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 50
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 hr positronium 8,427
News The fight over illegal immigrants goes to the S... 7 hr Brian_G 138
More from around the web