Illegal immigrants prepare to leave kids

Illegal immigrants prepare to leave kids

There are 2996 comments on the www.cbsatlanta.com story from Jun 26, 2011, titled Illegal immigrants prepare to leave kids. In it, www.cbsatlanta.com reports that:

On July 1, law enforcement will begin cracking down on illegal immigrants under Georgia's new immigration law. Some parents are preparing to leave their kids behind. Our Lady of the Americas Catholic Mission in Lilburn has a Hispanic congregation. Most of the children were born in the U.S. and are U.S. citizens. Many of their parents are illegal immigrants. They look to Reverend Luis Guillermo for guidance. "The idea is to assist the parents to prepare for the law - prepare for what will happen with the children if they had any problems with police, an arrest or anything," said Guillermo. Now, the parents are preparing legal documents giving temporary custody to a family member or friend who is in the U.S. legally. If they are arrested and deported, someone will be able to take care of the children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbsatlanta.com.

First Prev
of 150
Next Last

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 26, 2011
I thought family came first? What parent would choose to leave their child behind. A responsible parent shows their child the best way is to do things the right way, not break the law.

Judged:

18

16

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 11

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2011
that's a hogwash.it won't fly.
annie

Naperville, IL

#3 Jun 26, 2011
Guess of they can't use their children for welfare, they don't want them anymore. What great role models these parents are. We need SCOTUS to make a determination on the 14th amendment as to what the intent was at the time of passing it. There are plenty of historical notes from the authors that children of illegal parent(s) are not covered. Parents must be US citizens or Legal residents. Neither parent may be illegal and drop and anchor baby to receive citizenship. These children are "fruit of the poisonous tree". If the parents hadn't broken the law; these children wouldn't be here. They will only grow up to hate America as they blame us for their situation when the fault lies at the feet of the parents.
nike

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2011
A parent may choose to leave her child/ren in the usa because he/she want the child to have a better life. that, chrgrfan, is putting one's child welfare before tne need of the parent who wants nothing more than to put her child to bed everynight, take her child to school everyday, and provide and loving and stable home for her. annie, it has nothing to do with not being able to collect welfare anymore or not wantin them anymore. if that was the case they would just leave them on a stairs or at on hospital, not making legal preparation for them.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 26, 2011
Family values? When did that include leaving your kids behind, when being forced to leave? No excuse or argument can be made to justify this disgusting action. This just goes to show you that they had these kids for the wrong reasons, and now the kids will pay the price for their parents' lack of responsibility and avarice.

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 26, 2011
Oh no they don't! Take the excess garbage with you, we don't want your headaches now that you can't get paid for them anymore...Has anyone watched Vangaurd on Current TV??? These kids are often dangerous and running rapid in the communities like wild animals make them citizens of their parents country. If the parent was not here on a legal visa or a vistor we invited the kids need to go. Can the you see the casthrophy when these now childern, grow up with out any guidence, man snatch and revoke citizenships this article only proves that these leeches only want money for free, they didn't think about this when they were having babies from heaven and back.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#7 Jun 29, 2011
I traveled in many countries that the USA sent me to too deal with the side effects of what we have started here in our beloved country. The illegals are a product of our society. Instead of hiring these "illegals" and gave them pay taxes on their wages, we chose to make them criminals and force them to be victims of our societies ignorance.
Instead of wasting all our Money shipping them home, tax them. The workers out weigh the criminals. The criminals, ship home. Don't over burden the tax payer by filling our jails with the criminals. Work with Mexico to improve the situation NOT against. It worked for Europe, why not for us?
Mad_Max

Athens, GA

#8 Jun 30, 2011
In some countries they would just take them out to a field and shoot them in the back of the head.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 30, 2011
Rnu30043 wrote:
I traveled in many countries that the USA sent me to too deal with the side effects of what we have started here in our beloved country. The illegals are a product of our society. Instead of hiring these "illegals" and gave them pay taxes on their wages, we chose to make them criminals and force them to be victims of our societies ignorance.
Instead of wasting all our Money shipping them home, tax them. The workers out weigh the criminals. The criminals, ship home. Don't over burden the tax payer by filling our jails with the criminals. Work with Mexico to improve the situation NOT against. It worked for Europe, why not for us?
They will still suck our entitlement system dry.
annie

Naperville, IL

#10 Jun 30, 2011
nike wrote:
A parent may choose to leave her child/ren in the usa because he/she want the child to have a better life. that, chrgrfan, is putting one's child welfare before tne need of the parent who wants nothing more than to put her child to bed everynight, take her child to school everyday, and provide and loving and stable home for her. annie, it has nothing to do with not being able to collect welfare anymore or not wantin them anymore. if that was the case they would just leave them on a stairs or at on hospital, not making legal preparation for them.
Oh please, all it is are sob stories to make us feel guilty when they break the law. Not gonna happen
FLAPATRIOT

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Jun 30, 2011
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, all it is are sob stories to make us feel guilty when they break the law. Not gonna happen
We just need to redefine "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND"
FLAPATRIOT

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Jun 30, 2011
Rnu30043 wrote:
I traveled in many countries that the USA sent me to too deal with the side effects of what we have started here in our beloved country. The illegals are a product of our society. Instead of hiring these "illegals" and gave them pay taxes on their wages, we chose to make them criminals and force them to be victims of our societies ignorance.
Instead of wasting all our Money shipping them home, tax them. The workers out weigh the criminals. The criminals, ship home. Don't over burden the tax payer by filling our jails with the criminals. Work with Mexico to improve the situation NOT against. It worked for Europe, why not for us?
So if I break into your house but don't break any other laws you will let me stay? Illegals are a produt of OUR SOCIETY....maybe your opinion of America's society but not the majority of us. We didn't choose to make them criminals they choose that when they ENTERED OUR NATION ILLEGALLY!!!! The problems in mexico are the mexicans problems. We have a problem with ILLEGALS in this nation and politicians who pander to them. It will be the AMERICAN VOTER who solves the problem. We don't flee our nation WE STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR IT. Maybe the mexicans should try it.

“Keeping It Real”

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, California

#13 Jun 30, 2011
They don't want t0 take the kids with them because it'll be that much harder to slither back in a week later. Simple as that.
libby

United States

#14 Jun 30, 2011
Banking, manufacturing, high finance, call centers are flying out of America to India, Brazil, and China. Soon America will be just a service country with illegals to support. Well, Americans, let's stop this travesty. Vote for people that put America first in business and security. Let's get rid of all politicians in 2012 that harm the business community and harbor illegals. But for now, report all employers that hire illegals and deport them all regardless of sob stories.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#15 Jun 30, 2011
FLAPATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>We just need to redefine "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND"
Good one. How's about if they go to jail, they wont be allowed to take their kids with them. Plus, my (non-internet) reading of the 14th states that the Amendment does not apply to aliens. Same as the 2nd argument a couple of days ago, gun ownership does not apply to illegals.
annie

Naperville, IL

#16 Jun 30, 2011
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Good one. How's about if they go to jail, they wont be allowed to take their kids with them. Plus, my (non-internet) reading of the 14th states that the Amendment does not apply to aliens. Same as the 2nd argument a couple of days ago, gun ownership does not apply to illegals.
Neither does citizenship apply to anchor babies. Just some bleeding heart trolling for votes can up with that travesty

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#17 Jun 30, 2011
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does citizenship apply to anchor babies. Just some bleeding heart trolling for votes can up with that travesty
Exactly.

“starting to wake up”

Since: Apr 09

brookhaven ny

#18 Jun 30, 2011
hell leave the kids i bet they well love working in the feilds to help pay for the roof and food us tax payers well have to dish out to match whats needed
your kidding me

United States

#19 Jul 1, 2011
You people are garbage. Talking about human life like it means NOTHING!! these people came here for a better life. They had their children here because they thought it would give them citizenship. It didn't but they still want their children to have a better life so the kids will stay in America where it is a little safer at night. Where the chance of children slave trade is less and where they can have food, shelter and clothing. You disgust me in the fact that you would even mention shooting a child in the head or making them work in fields for food. Maybe America isn't where YOU belong.

Judged:

13

11

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
an american

Lakeland, FL

#20 Jul 1, 2011
your kidding me wrote:
You people are garbage. Talking about human life like it means NOTHING!! these people came here for a better life. They had their children here because they thought it would give them citizenship. It didn't but they still want their children to have a better life so the kids will stay in America where it is a little safer at night. Where the chance of children slave trade is less and where they can have food, shelter and clothing. You disgust me in the fact that you would even mention shooting a child in the head or making them work in fields for food. Maybe America isn't where YOU belong.
All I hear is "they want" "I want" "want, want, want" well to bad we have laws. You cannot just decide you want to come here and all is ok. AA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 150
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Staggering number of visa overstays now biggest... 15 min tomin cali 1
News Arrest rate of 'non-criminal' illegal immigrant... 2 hr tomin cali 5
News Australia Puts Illegal Aliens On Notice: Prove ... 2 hr tomin cali 1
News Ohio Lawmakers Get Into a Heated Debate Over Un... 3 hr Red Crosse 6
News Trump Administration Now Deploying Controversia... 6 hr tomin cali 1
News '60 Minutes': 800-Plus Churches are Sanctuaries... 6 hr tomin cali 1
News Deportations in N.J. increase 30 percent43 minu... 7 hr joe 8
More from around the web